Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Multi seems very reactionary and angle heavy, definitely not for me, I'll stick to T-hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005
So is this game bullshit now?

This is not all Tom Clancy's vision.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Gay but Spooky posted:

Tom Clancy had a lazy eye so his vision was hosed up.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gay but Spooky posted:

Tom Clancy's vision had Rainbow Six operatives being trained in ultra-realistic super-advanced Virtual Reality. These VR sessions are what the game depicts.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tom Clancy's vision had Rainbow Six operatives being trained in ultra-realistic super-advanced Virtual Reality. These VR sessions are what the game depicts.

Yeah it's basically the future-hit VR training experience "Rainbow Six: Civil War" (since why else would Rainbow operatives be killing one another? I for one find it interesting that it's essentially just one big friendly-fire incident, seeing as the adversarial modes are Rainbow vs Rainbow, unlike with thunt. I guess it's one way of filtering out the chaff from the wheat! :v:)

EDIT: Rainbow was better when John Clark was in charge! (Speaking of which, in R6 'lore', who is in charge of Rainbow at the time of R6:S? Anyone from the books, like from the more recent post-death novel releases, or is it just some made-up schmo that Ubisoft invented?)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 4, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah it's basically the future-hit VR training experience "Rainbow Six: Civil War" (since why else would Rainbow operatives be killing one another? I for one find it interesting that it's essentially just one big friendly-fire incident, seeing as the adversarial modes are Rainbow vs Rainbow, unlike with thunt. I guess it's one way of filtering out the chaff from the wheat! :v:)

EDIT: Rainbow was better when John Clark was in charge! (Speaking of which, in R6 'lore', who is in charge of Rainbow at the time of R6:S? Anyone from the books, like from the more recent post-death novel releases, or is it just some made-up schmo that Ubisoft invented?)
Training exercises always involve operatives shooting at each other. Only these training exercises are in VR rather than with paintballs or whatnot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9-FoYklZD0

Clearly, Angela Basset is in charge of Rainbow Six now.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Game is fun. Fix your game, Hard.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Clearly, Angela Basset is in charge of Rainbow Six now.

im onboard for them leaning into this, vice president keith david style

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The one bad thing about Cav seems to be that people playing her have a tendency to sit as far away from the objective as possible and to only break away from their bad idea about what it is to have a sneaky roamer schtick when defenders are down to their last player.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The damage falloff from her pistol is pretty severe, you basically have to be within 10 feet in order to one hit down somebody.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I thought i'd be scared of her but it turns out every single Cav player i've seen aside from Serenity17 is loving awful.

This game is definitely clicking for me. All about the sneaky angles/ridiculous murderholes now.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Basticle posted:

i was killed while shooting her in the face so i got this obnoxious poo poo

she's like sup.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

The damage falloff from her pistol is pretty severe, you basically have to be within 10 feet in order to one hit down somebody.

I'm fairly sure you can't one shot a full health enemy because the gun does 99 damage maximum.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tom Clancy's vision of a super-elite squad of soldiers who don't all speak the same language.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Alchenar posted:

Tom Clancy's vision of a super-elite squad of soldiers who don't all speak the same language.

Didn't they all speak English in the first book? Also this game needs Ding. And Dieter Weber.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'm fairly sure you can't one shot a full health enemy because the gun does 99 damage maximum.

Hitting somebody in the head with the pistol doesn't kill them outright, it puts them in DBNO and you have to follow up to get actual kill.

Sort of mediocre video displaying this; plus screen shot:
https://streamable.com/yiw3

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 4, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nice to see this games hit detection is still completely and totally unreliable.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I was trying to play Drone Football with someone but it turns out the footballs are client side so we can't. Hard, please fix this.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hitting somebody in the head with the pistol doesn't kill them outright, it puts them in DBNO and you have to follow up to get actual kill.

Sort of mediocre video displaying this; plus screen shot:
https://streamable.com/yiw3

Well yeah, but that's a headshot and damage/distance is irrelevant for headshots and that will happen at any range as long as it's a headshot. I meant specifically for the body; I'm fairly sure you cannot one-hit-down someone at any range.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 4, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I feel as if that if Pulse haden't been buffed to where he is now then Caviera would be a better pick. Not that she's terrible or anything. But Pulse can do everything she can except showing where the enemy team is on kill. But if there is team communication going on then Pulse is going to relaying everybody he sees anyway. Although i will say those 2 make a terrifying combination if they are working together at all, Pulse calls them out and then Cav's Lucern pistol knocks them down no problem then immediately gets the interrogation off.

I really,really hope they will bring the other LMG's up the M249's level because this thing is a beast, and the FAL's not so bad either. It seems like the Incendiary bolts don't really spread out far from where you shoot them so thankfully you can aim them pretty precisely and not have to worry about hitting the hostage for instance. On the flip side though that does mean if you want to smoke sombody out of cover you have to get it pretty much right on them. This is also just anecdotal but i the smoke crossbow grenades feel like they do more work than the regular smokes? Maybe it's because you can place them precisely where you want them to go so you end up actually putting people in the middle of the smoke where they cant see poo poo.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Pulse + Valkyrie + Caveira in pretty much every match is getting dumb.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Interrogations are very, very strong.
https://streamable.com/8jt5

edit: Audio between floors seems to be really strange this patch; on border armory secure it sounded like server when they were reinforcing.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 5, 2016

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
There's no way of setting any sort of preferences for Terrorist Hunt, is there? I only ask because playing Bartlett University five times in a row is starting to get wearing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

There's no way of setting any sort of preferences for Terrorist Hunt, is there? I only ask because playing Bartlett University five times in a row is starting to get wearing.

Stop playing Normal, Bartlett will only show up there. You can set up t-hunt preferences in your match making preferences option but Bartlett is not apart of that selection.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

You can also set it to not put you into T-Hunt Classic and bomb defusal. I don't think Bartlett supports either of the hostage modes.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jehde posted:

Pulse + Valkyrie + Caveira in pretty much every match is getting dumb.

I haven't played since the Canucks came out. I guess they buffed Pulse a lot?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Vengarr posted:

I haven't played since the Canucks came out. I guess they buffed Pulse a lot?

Yeah, his scanner works better and is easier to use now.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fix your game, Hard.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Floodkiller posted:

Fix your game, Hard.

We had that happen on the 2nd floor of a building on Favela. Thermite charge just blew off the outer wall and left the reinforcement in place.

Might be related to bandit batteries.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 6, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The trapdoor bug now applies to walls. :negative:

Floodkiller posted:

Fix your game, Hard.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Vacation. :350:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Well who do we yell at to fix your game while you're gone?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Is there a voicemail or something we can submit clips to?

https://streamable.com/23tr

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

I haven't had a chance to play the new expansion and this is the first vid I've seen of it. Think I'll end on this one and imagine that's how the whole thing is.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Had today 4 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper obvious hacker in ranked so far. Looks like they found something to bypass Battleeye.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
From the stream:

Balance changes for end of August:
Semi-auto nerf (dispersion increased by 10%, damage reduced by 25/35%, this includes Caveira for some reason)
Pulse nerf (range to 9m, has to do full gadget animation switch)
(nothing about pump action shotguns, natch)

Midseason patch for Sept, two new operators being adjusted (tachanka probably)

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 6, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Pulse nerf is good, semi-auto shotgun nerf is good, I'm glad they released Caveira's as-is and are nerfing all of them in one go rather than releasing Caveira with a shotgun that is markedly worse than the other semi-autos.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

From the stream:

Balance changes for end of August:
Semi-auto nerf (dispersion increased by 10%, damage reduced by 25/35%, this includes Caveira for some reason)
Pulse nerf (range to 9m, has to do full gadget animation switch)
(nothing about pump action shotguns, natch)

Midseason patch for Sept, two new operators being adjusted (tachanka probably)

oof

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gently caress anyone who whines about semiauto shotguns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Basticle posted:

gently caress anyone who whines about semiauto shotguns

i will never not bitch when someone with a semiauto somehow beats my pump action that shot them first.

• Locked thread