Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Edit: Double post, sorry.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sai-kun posted:

i need a gif of trent dancing at the beginning of sanctified lmao

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

See, in terms of silly NIN songs, I'd have to go with With Teeth, only because of 'With-a TEETH-ahhhhhh'.

You cant talk about silly NIN songs without mentioning "Big man with a Gun", because that song shouldnt exist.

Trent Himself posted:

"The record was nearing completion. I had written those lyrics pretty quickly and I didn't know if I was going to use them or not. To me, Downward Spiral builds to a certain degree of madness, then it changes. That would be the last stage of delirium. So the original point of "Big Man With A Gun" was madness. But it was also making fun of the whole misogynistic gangsta-rap bulls**t. ... I listen to a lot of it, and I enjoy it. But I could do without the degree of misogny and hatred of women and abuse. Then, my song got misinterpreted as exactly that. It was probably a lack of being able to write. I've been taken out of context, and it's ridiculous."

God drat its sooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lobsterboy posted:

You cant talk about silly NIN songs without mentioning "Big man with a Gun", because that song shouldnt exist.

I usually give that song and Heresy a skip when I listen to TDS.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I agree both those songs have terrible lyrics but the music itself is great. you can always sub in the instrumental tracks ;)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was using Big Man With A Gun as one of my alarms for a while because it would jolt me right the gently caress out of bed in the morning :v:

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was using Big Man With A Gun as one of my alarms for a while because it would jolt me right the gently caress out of bed in the morning :v:

goddamn this is a good idea

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I had this At the Drive In Song as my alarm for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG2Y4GVN6uw

Until I just started freaking out when it would go off because the start was so explosive.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I used David Bowie's "Crystal Japan" for ages. I'm sure Trent approves.

If you have a hard time waking up don't use the album version... rip the audio from this distorted YouTube video instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGcv3mSdDE

hj henhemjamib
Sep 16, 2007
simply follow these steps and you be Whammin
I use A Violet Fluid as my ringtone, because it basically is just a ringtone

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I had the opening of Suck as my ringtone for a little bit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:aaa:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very happy for trent getting the opportunity to create the lead single for spacejam 2

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Aren't Fridays an unusual day for music to be released? I thought it used to always be Tuesdays, though the record industry has changed quite a bit in the past several years.

Sept. 16 is also the rumored date of the next iPhone release, which I only mention because Trent is an Apple employee now.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

It's weird how excited I am that my favorite 50yr old Apple exec is releasing music.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

empty baggie posted:

Aren't Fridays an unusual day for music to be released? I thought it used to always be Tuesdays, though the record industry has changed quite a bit in the past several years.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6487289/friday-global-record-release-day-ifpi

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Not real apparently

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/760947521761923074

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well at least that stupid rear end name isn't the actual name of NIN's next single :v:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I wish he did do the spacenam 2 theme

"I drink the putrid fountain of decay
My broken body is decomposing
From the pain inside my heart
What have I done to ruin my life?

Come on and slam
And welcome to the jam
Space jam
Space jam"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's this about Trent and Apple?

Edit: what the gently caress, he was a part of Beats? Ugh, jesus, man... why?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
He was behind Beats' former music streaming platform because it had some kind of unique recommendation feature. He had nothing to do with the hardware

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Well at least that stupid rear end name isn't the actual name of NIN's next single :v:

Godammit, I was so hyped to hear what the gently caress the song could possibly sound like with that title.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
His full title is now "Apple Music Chief Creative Officer Trent Reznor" and he's best-business-buds with Jimmy Iovine, and if you told me this 10 years ago I would have told you to go gently caress yourself.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/7407889/apples-brain-trust-iovine-reznor-cue-and-kondrk-on

Edit: And I have a coworker who worked for Beats/Apple and I'm pretty sure he mentioned that Trent was one of the many artists Beats had perform at an awkward company event at one point (deeply jealous that he had Trent in his org chart, but that's beside the point)

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 4, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ultramiraculous posted:

His full title is now "Apple Music Chief Creative Officer Trent Reznor" and he's best-business-buds with Jimmy Iovine

I didn't recognize the name, so I looked him up, and hahahahaha holy poo poo.

Trent: "gently caress Interscope. Hey, Jimmy! What's up? Let's hang out!"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Time heals all wounds

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
He just mad cause his spot got blown up. Eagerly awaiting the new NIN album featuring the song "Totally Not Dive And Slam You Guys"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Time heals all wounds
He's always been tight with Iovine; he rescued him from his lovely TVT contract. You guys don't know what you're talking about.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
NIN's Facebook posted this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cg05gEZlvE

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

That was a cool song and all but the intro section made me think of a JRPG boss battle

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

And that's probably the best we're gonna get considering we all know he's not releasing the loving Blu-Ray :haw:

gently caress did we ever get a response on this? No commercial prospects or something?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anonymous John posted:

gently caress did we ever get a response on this? No commercial prospects or something?
I think the last time we heard anything about it was...last year? The tour's been over for almost 2 years at this point, so if it ever does come out, it's already past the point of being timely at all.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lobsterboy posted:

Big Man With A Gun rules. also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfgfKpnTCrM

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Atticus did a new soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNJDomqHOk

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Crap, nothing to see here

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 29, 2016

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Big Man With a Gun is loving perfect. Yall is crazy.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I remember Trent saying we'd have new NIN and other things in 2016 but we've gotten neither and the year's almost over.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TOOT BOOT posted:

I remember Trent saying we'd have new NIN and other things in 2016 but we've gotten neither and the year's almost over.

gently caress off, it's not even September yet.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

let me tell you about the late 90s

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

I was there, I guess I've just gotten spoiled by semi-regular NIN releases over the past 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

Ah the days when you're so starved for new TR material that you'll buy a loving P Diddy single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64qvmd3v-2Q