Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Tacopocalypse posted:

Incom UT-60D

Styled like a Huey with door mounted guns. Guessing a 180 firing arc like the YV-666? Ya know, if there's gun ports to protect troops and crew against the vaccuum of space...

Okay this has greatly increased my interest in this ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Can FFG make a model of it with poseable wings, is the question.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Kai Tave posted:

Can FFG make a model of it with poseable wings, is the question.

Did they not kinda with the lamda?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

kinda

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The initial run of Lambas had issues with the wings refusing to fold down all the way, they did eventually get it sorted.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I have the first run lambda and it's fine. They wouldn't swing down all the way initially but use it enough like I have with imp aces and it loosens up for full ROM.

I would greatly enjoy having a swing-wing ship in x-wing. would like it to look more like an f-14 but I could just paint one in maverick's colors

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 4, 2016

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

I still want to run it, but these last couple weeks have been murder and I only pulled into Indianapolis for GenCon like three hours ago (and promptly had a team meeting for games tomorrow). This weekend is going to be loving nuts so league is on hold for the moment. Sorry.

Is it going to gently caress you /everyone else if I drop out at this point? My heart just isn't in it right now and I've taken on way too much stuff recently. If it would end up being a problem I'll power through it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

I still want to run it, but these last couple weeks have been murder and I only pulled into Indianapolis for GenCon like three hours ago (and promptly had a team meeting for games tomorrow). This weekend is going to be loving nuts so league is on hold for the moment. Sorry.

Thats cool, was just wondering.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hahahaha. 5 cartels with chips title and prockets. The stupidest thing ever! I just need 4 more sycks to do it!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tacopocalypse posted:

Incom UT-60D

Styled like a Huey with door mounted guns. Guessing a 180 firing arc like the YV-666? Ya know, if there's gun ports to protect troops and crew against the vaccuum of space...

still looks like hot rear end

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like it. It looks more OT than most EU ships do

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It looks like rejected concept art for a dark forces sequel from the 90s. I wish so many people would stop trying to (badly) crib McQuarrie

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 4, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Even if it flies like a lumbering toad, I'll always have a soft spot for this lil' beauty from the old EU

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 4, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's the best wingman for Dash now? Is it Corran or a Ghost of some kind? Going to put in a concentrated effort when league starts again next week at the FLGS.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

People seem to fly them with a ghost, because you can create exclusion zones and with Hera on board (crew), you can just constantly k-turn whenever you want.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Shadowcaster has 3 sharp green :eyepop:

lol @ anyone that, when they heard that the ARC had 6 green at speed 1/2, thought it meant that straights/banks/sharps.

Protectorate is a A-Wing/Inties dial with t-rolls

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the best wingman for Dash now? Is it Corran or a Ghost of some kind? Going to put in a concentrated effort when league starts again next week at the FLGS.

I have been doing pretty ok with Lothal Rebel with Accuracy Corrector and autoblaster for two hits at range 1 for pesky aces, plasma torpedoes to fire out the rear if I need to, Hera and Zeb crew.

I usually send my Ghost smashing in as close to them as possible while Dash creeps up the side to get behind. With two large base ships moving forward so quick, it has caught a few players off guard. No idea if this is a good strategy but it has seemed to work ok for me and it is a lot of fun to play.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
That protectorate dial! :black101:

The Shadowcaster is pretty amazing too. Green turns on a large base. Crazy.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm so ready for the protectorate fighter. Also black market slicing tools are crazy good. gently caress aces up erryday.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The Gate posted:

That protectorate dial! :black101:

The Shadowcaster is pretty amazing too. Green turns on a large base. Crazy.
Protectorate dial is an FO with t-rolls instead of s-loops. It's not as good as the Intie/A-Wing: not having a green 4 forward (or 5 forward when compared to the A-Wing), means that it is really vulnerable to getting into roadblocks if it is being used as a PtL platform.

A-Wing still best dial in game :woop:

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

How long was it between Gencon and the release of wave 7 last year? I know there was some time to allow people to try and sell YV-666s for $70 on eBay.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

How about those Black Market Slicer Tools, eh?

http://i.imgur.com/2TGbUwo.jpg

Edit: Made the image right-side up!

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 4, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Tekopo posted:

Protectorate dial is an FO with t-rolls instead of s-loops. It's not as good as the Intie/A-Wing: not having a green 4 forward (or 5 forward when compared to the A-Wing), means that it is really vulnerable to getting into roadblocks if it is being used as a PtL platform.

A-Wing still best dial in game :woop:

It's still a great dial though. Like, yeah, not having the faster straights hurts a little, but the turns are way more important to not getting blocked, and the title rewards getting close in anyway. Same as for any ace, swarms/blocking are the scariest thing for it, but you can *usually* play around that. I like it a lot.

A-Wing is best wing though.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Wow, you would think they would've learned their lesson about large ship dials after the Jumpmaster.

Edit: lol at BMST being 1 point and our garbage astromech being 2.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

How about those Black Market Slicer Tools, eh?

http://i.imgur.com/49s0Fgt.jpg

They're pretty badass. Super ultra bad combo, take them and the Saboteur crew, crit aces all day erry day :v:

Edit: also take EI because gently caress yeah bad gimmicks

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

At least the YT freighters will be able to equip it once the snuggling compartment comes out!

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

flightless greeb posted:

At least the YT freighters will be able to equip it once the snuggling compartment comes out!

I am all about a snuggling compartment.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

BMST is some scary anti-ace technology. Also anti Dengaroo because lol.

It turns any ship with an illicit slot into Wampa's sketchy cousin. Losing your action for a "maybe" is rough, but I can see a Binyare pilot with BMST becoming a standard add for Scum builds.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Slicer swarm incoming.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
G-1A Starfighter: · 4-LOM (27)
Rage (1)
· Experimental Interface (3)
Saboteur (2)
· Mist Hunter (0)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Tractor Beam (1)

MAXIMUM ACTION CARDS ACTIONS.

Rage, shoot target with tractor beam, drag into range 1, hand them a stress. Next turn, green move, Slicer Tools > EI > Saboteur, profit! Nothing bad could possibly happen to gently caress this up.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

flightless greeb posted:

This! I might almost be okay with not having engine upgrade if it means I get to kick Soontir in the dick.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like the BMST since lol fel but more importantly, it doesn't affect Ink as much. Either stay at range 3 to PTL or stay at range 1-2 with TL/evade since that's fine too. I can't wait to paint that disco ball. Though BMST will probably be the replacement to feedback on a bumper scout. :)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

BMST on an outrider, with a stresshog?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Kind of disappointing

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/761217996538777600

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Oh god. will this mean that stress builds will come back into play? Because that was more or less the worst thing ever.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

enigmahfc posted:

Oh god. will this mean that stress builds will come back into play? Because that was more or less the worst thing ever.

What do you think Dengar is?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

What do you think Dengar is?

I think he means builds that dish out stress.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I think he means builds that dish out stress.

Yeah, I mean stresshogs and stuff that causes stress. I saw them a lot around the time of TLT' being the hot thing, and that combo made things really unfun.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Scum really does seem to be getting all the love lately. Slicer tools looks sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

enigmahfc posted:

Yeah, I mean stresshogs and stuff that causes stress. I saw them a lot around the time of TLT' being the hot thing, and that combo made things really unfun.

Theres nothing as reliable as stresshog in scum.

• Locked thread