Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Would anyone happen to know when the Singapore psn updates? I want to be ready for moon dwellers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Does anyone out there still play Fat Princess Adventures?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisonDollah posted:

Does anyone out there still play Fat Princess Adventures?

did anyone ever though

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Hey guys, 'the fall' is only a dollar for ps+ today.

They announced a the fall 2,so this is probably to build hype.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I really liked The Fall. I'm a big fan of AI stories, particularly ones that deal with the different ethical questions surrounding AI.
It's not a super long game, but I'd say it's definitely more than a buck's worth of entertainment, though there were one or two puzzles I needed help figuring out.

Also, another Battlefield 4 DLC is free this week:
China Rising (PS4)
China Rising (PS3)

Paging Watrick.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Fall suffers from some adventure game logic but the atmosphere it creates is fantastic and the writing is good and has some good pitch black comedy. It's easily worth a buck

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

MisterAlex posted:

I really liked The Fall. I'm a big fan of AI stories, particularly ones that deal with the different ethical questions surrounding AI.
It's not a super long game, but I'd say it's definitely more than a buck's worth of entertainment, though there were one or two puzzles I needed help figuring out.

China Rising (PS4)
China Rising (PS3)

Paging Watrick.

Yay!! Thank you!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

MisterAlex posted:

China Rising (PS4)
China Rising (PS3)

Its cool they are doign this. I bought BF4 and a season pass on launch and put 500 hours into it since launch and still play it. They have been putting some free stuff out for hardline too, which i bought for 5 bucks on a flash sale. thankfully. That game is...not good. It just doesnt feel like Battlefield. Although the unlocking system is nice.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Hey guys, 'the fall' is only a dollar for ps+ today.

They announced a the fall 2, so this is probably to build hype.

That games been out for over 2 years and they're just announcing part 2 (of 3)? And I thought the release schedule for Kentucky Route 0 was bad!

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

barren_sky posted:

That games been out for over 2 years and they're just announcing part 2 (of 3)? And I thought the release schedule for Kentucky Route 0 was bad!

Is it finished yet? I've had it on my wish list like 5 years.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ExCruceLeo posted:

Is it finished yet? I've had it on my wish list like 5 years.

They very recently released Act IV. One left...

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Protip for never winter online: don't play cleric unless you have a group to play with. Just dont.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'm kind of glad they didn't bring Phantasy Star Online stateside to the PS4 because thinking on it now I'd probably waste a poo poo ton of time and money on it.

I didn't care for Neverwinter since I came into it after D&D Online which has a lot more flexibility and subsystems in play. Neverwinter's combat is fine, just wish it would ease up on the handholding and let me build out my class. I wonder if the studio had a deal with Microsoft and this is why we're just seeing it now?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It had completely flown under my radar, but Retro/Grade is really good. Was not expecting that, honestly. AAA or not, as long as PS+ occasionally points me towards stuff like this, it's gonna continue to be worth it.

Now if only I had a guitar controller for the PS3...

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Indigo Prophecy is coming to PS4. You can now play every David Cage game on one console.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not until we get a port of Omikron

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Parkingtigers posted:

Indigo Prophecy is coming to PS4. You can now play every David Cage game on one console.

Nope...

Omikron

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Huh, a game I never knew existed. Will have to look up videos of that one, see how weird it gets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omikron sucks so bad and is also the only Cage game I've played

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Tbh this Month is a drat good one for ps3 owners. It's not often you get a combo like this. I'm sure that if plus keeps up like this you will have most relevant games under its service from the console, sans dlc.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Imagine DC making a half-arsed GTA with 2d fighting, FPS sections, stealth and, most importantly, limited save points. Imagine that he switched to QTEs because he has no loving idea how to design actual gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Part of the reason it sucked so bad though is that every time you swapped gameplay sections all of the controls would revert to the default which were godawful so after rebinding the game twice in like 20 minutes I just uninstalled it

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
So I'm looking this thing up on Wikipedia and... David Bowie is in it? Wut?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Parkingtigers posted:

So I'm looking this thing up on Wikipedia and... David Bowie is in it? Wut?

Yes, and they rereleased it for free when he died earlier this year.

I've been playing a bunch of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the last week and it's really fun. As someone who has never played a Persona game before I am digging the mix of old school RPG dungeoning and talking with your friends in the real world. I'm def going to pick up Persona 4 Golden one of these days as a result.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

perhaps i can interest you in persona 4: dancing all night

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes, and they rereleased it for free when he died earlier this year.

I've been playing a bunch of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the last week and it's really fun. As someone who has never played a Persona game before I am digging the mix of old school RPG dungeoning and talking with your friends in the real world. I'm def going to pick up Persona 4 Golden one of these days as a result.

i have also been enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions. i literally bought a vita for P4G and honestly if you already have a vita you should just buy it immediately.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Japanese shmup Caladrius Blaze is coming to the West next week. Real nice to see an announcement and a release date so close together for a change.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Japanese shmup Caladrius Blaze is coming to the West next week. Real nice to see an announcement and a release date so close together for a change.

I didn't realize there was a way to squeeze anime titties into a shmup but here we are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Typical, I have the Asian English version on order because I figured it would never get a release here

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Timotheous Venture posted:

I didn't realize there was a way to squeeze anime titties into a shmup but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA7PwzUOPfs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kill me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

Typical, I have the Asian English version on order because I figured it would never get a release here

At least now you have a heads up. I'm still bitter that D3 Publisher waited until the day of Japanese release to announce that EDF3 Portable was getting a US release, thus making it impossible for me to cancel my order.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll probably keep it tbh

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Don't forget about Parodius (certain ones) or Keio Flying Squadron. It's surprisingly common.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Don't forget about Parodius (certain ones) or Keio Flying Squadron. It's surprisingly common.

Though I believe it was supposed to be satirical in "sexy parodius" and isn't as creepy as the rest which maybe excuses it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Timotheous Venture posted:

Cave's most successful shmup ever was their mechanically weakest but it had a bunch of gothic Lolitas on the menus so it sold gangbusters in arcades and on 360. Sex sells anything

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I played Deathsmiles in the arcade and enjoyed it. Then, I bought it on the 360 and discovered that, no, Deathsmiles is actually a bad game and not fun in any way.

But I got a neat face plate.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Was there ever a patch that got rid of the black bars in The Evil Within?
I rented it on the 360 when it came out and a prettier PS4 version with the DLC looks tempting to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I believe so but I haven't played it recently to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza 5 is amaaaazing. Thank you PS+ :blush:

• Locked thread