Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

zoux posted:

Trump's campaign being utterly destroyed by a patriotic American Muslim and an illegal immigration scandal is exactly as ironic and poetic as this cycle deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't think Melania should be attacked for being an illegal immigrant (if that's true). I am extremely pro-immigration, and I fully support anyone who is working and paying taxes, whether they came here legally or illegally, to be allowed an easy path to citizenship. It would be hypocritical of me to go after her for this, despite the obviously hypocrisy and irony of Donald Trump and his family.

I think the fact that everyone in her life lied about her having a university degree is a better talking point.

I don't think she should be attacked for being illegal immigrant, but it sure drives home the point that Trump is self serving and doesn't care about what he says

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ryan is just the worst politician.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
isn't there a difference between true believers and those who will vote Trump but know he'll lose, just like Romney, McCain, dole etc

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Baloogan posted:

i told you guys boosted is a cuck like a MILLION times already

toxx for trump or vote for shillary BOOSTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QGQtJL7hSk

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Time to revisit my prediction from a week ago:

Slate Action posted:

Given that it's been one week since this post and RCP currently has Trump +1.1 (For a shift of 3.8%), I'd just like to say I loving nailed it.

Boosted_C5 posted:

What's your guess for RCP a week from now?

Slate Action posted:

A shift of 1% towards Clinton and a tied race.

Actual shift: 7%. Whoops!

Sorry, Boosted.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 4, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey folks remember the simpler times, back when Trump was just calling his opponents pussies at his rallies? I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB259lgEorA

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Just gonna go check this against Michelle Obama's previous statements.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I had a dream Dave weigel registered for the forums and joined the thread.

Obviously I haven't been following this thread enough because I couldn't jack in from the dream scape and drop some dank shitposts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Perfectly Safe posted:

Just gonna go check this against Michelle Obama's previous statements.

lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OF COURSE it would be better if this boat had a bottom and not water in it and was not at the bottom of the ocean already. But poo poo in one hand and wish in the other!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

gently caress

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

*citation needed*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

Obviously I haven't been following this thread enough because I couldn't jack in from the dream scape and drop some dank shitposts.

buy him an account

reg under the name dave cuckel

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i do think that attacking melania is inadvisable regardless of cause, she didn't ask to be dragged into this catastrophe and at this point i wouldn't be surprised if she wants it to be over as much as the rest of us

hillary and her surrogates are highly unlikely to try it anyway, it'd be pretty god damned hypocritical for the Hillary Clinton campaign to go after an opponent's spouse and everyone would sink their teeth into a narrative that juicy and never let go

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the hat is old news but its cowardice not to toxx.

Slate Action posted:

Sorry, Boosted.

in any case i appreciate your skepticism

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what a sissy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

:sad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

shiksa posted:

Obviously you havent been following this thread enough because youd know that dave does post here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

i do think that attacking melania is inadvisable regardless of cause, she didn't ask to be dragged into this catastrophe and at this point i wouldn't be surprised if she wants it to be over as much as the rest of us

hillary and her surrogates are highly unlikely to try it anyway, it'd be pretty god damned hypocritical for the Hillary Clinton campaign to go after an opponent's spouse and everyone would sink their teeth into a narrative that juicy and never let go

I assume if its going to happen it will be through people putting the story out there far from the Hillary campaign, sort of similar to how the Obama was born in Kenya thing possibly actually having its origins from the Hillary campaign back in the day

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but you can make some salient arguments that free trade isn't a great deal for all Americans, or that NATO is a relic from World War 2 that needs to be adjusted, or even that the United States doesn't have to be the world's nuclear weapons authority and hall monitor unless there is a direct economic interest in it for us (i.e. a protection racket that cuts out the part about funneling money to multi-national corporations and sends it straight to the American people).

And that's what Trump's campaign has really been to me. A few ideas that espouse conservative orthodoxy that rally together republican voters who feel sold out by their party, that just happens to be layered under mountains of madness.

Go read any article about Trump supporters and then come back and tell me how they have these nuanced views about conservatism. Spoiler: you're way wrong. It's about racial resentment

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Slate Action posted:

Sorry, Boosted.

Let me just say I appreciate you going back and finding a prediction that you missed on, especially after celebrating one you got right. Unironically.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Oxxidation posted:

There is 0 chance Hillary or anyone directly related to the campaign will have anything to say about Melania other than "she's a wonderful woman who lived the American dream". She's made it clear that her campaign is about taking the high road.

blue squares posted:

Go read any article about Trump supporters and then come back and tell me how they have these nuanced views about conservatism. Spoiler: you're way wrong. It's about racial resentment

I can only speak for myself and what I've taken away from Trump's campaign. Even if you don't think Donald J. Trump is a racist, there's no doubt that he is the candidate of choice for racists.

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 4, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

hillary won't but the media will have a field day with it because its funny as gently caress

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Antti posted:

Let me just say I appreciate you going back and finding a prediction that you missed on, especially after celebrating one you got right. Unironically.

I think I'll retire from prognistication now while I'm still batting .500.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Eonwe posted:

similar to how the Obama was born in Kenya thing possibly actually having its origins from the Hillary campaign back in the day

That's like 100% known to be untrue although it was pushed by PUMAs some early on.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i predict something wacky will happen today

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh lordy lordy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Welp, Trump found his phone.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761219396635361280

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

zoux posted:

OF COURSE it would be better if this boat had a bottom and not water in it and was not at the bottom of the ocean already. But poo poo in one hand and wish in the other!

Friend Ben is my favorite surrogate.

"No, I can't deny that our candidate is a catastrophic shithead, however"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eonwe posted:

I assume if its going to happen it will be through people putting the story out there far from the Hillary campaign, sort of similar to how the Obama was born in Kenya thing possibly actually having its origins from the Hillary campaign back in the day

I'm not certain anyone could "put the story out there" far enough from the campaign, honestly. After the democrats' all-inclusive message at the DNC, you really don't want a "wife is immigrant, therefore bad!" message within the same hemisphere as the party line.

Some rag like the NY Post might try to run with it, but at that point it'd be better optics for Hillary to loudly and publicly repudiate it instead of feeding it further.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

e: quote is not edit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zoux posted:

Oh lordy lordy

Do we have zero tossups because the model hit the hard wall where all the states left are insanely right wing?

Edit: Lol at Indiana worst state.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I dont think its a great avenue to go, especially since she isnt the one ru nning for president

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Eonwe posted:

It won't matter. Any Melania criticism will be seen as Clinton smears, regardless of who actually says stuff. It would be better for Clinton if no one at all mentions Melania.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's not like news networks won't go after the Melanie story because they realize that the best way to get trump talking on their networks and doing more newsworthy things for their networks is to troll him into responding

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nah this is a manafort tweet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Do we have zero tossups because the model hit the hard wall where all the states left are insanely right wing?

Edit: Lol at Indiana worst state.

I think it's more that she's leading by massive margins in the "toss ups" right now.

https://twitter.com/pollsterpolls/status/761220819267616768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Kentucky GE poll - Harper Polling / RunSwitch PR
7/31 - 8/1 - 500 RV

Trump 49
Clinton 36

landline only. Romney won KY by 23%.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 4, 2016