Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
let's unskew

https://www.longroom.com/polls/#polling-infometrics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

Trump has managed to simultaneously occupy every position on every big issue that's come his way so far. His entire campaign his been build on his ability to change his mind on a whim. Please tell me why THIS latest example of his hypocrisy is going to turn NEW people away when everything else hasn't yet.

The bar for Trump right now is so low that ANY chance of sympathy is going to be seized upon. That's fine if the media wants to push on Melania, but it won't help Clinton.

There is no one thing that's going to destroy Trump. It's about chipping away at his support. His core supporters will never change their minds, but there's a lot whose support is still conditional. There will be some of those marginal people for whom his Melania hypocrisy will be the last straw. It doesn't have to be a lot. It also means Trump spending another week railing at the press rather than saying anything positive or meaningful.

Trump generating one bad thing after another means he's constantly on the defensive, constantly shedding supporters. We've got 96 days yet. A third of a point a week in lost support puts him at about 35% and he loses 49 states.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah but he's a hypocrite about everything. You can rail on him for any of the millions of other controversies including having illegal immigrants working on his buildings. Tying his wife to it, who has been largely out of the picture this race and was extremely reluctant to give that speech at the convention (which then immediately blew up in her face) will come across as bullying, if not by the Clinton campaign then by her media surrogates. It's an attack that doesn't really have much of an upside.

No one's gonna use it as an attack. It's the potential of Trump opening up his dumb mouth and saying something colossally stupid in response to it because he can't let anything go even if it's a story no one is really running with.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

rofl my mom is still voting for donald trump because "he didn't lie and hurt this country" what the gently caress

My mom who believed every word of Dinesh DSouza's Obama movie, watches fox 24/7 and spent the last eight years bitching about Obama every day is voting for Hillary. I think Bloomberg's little speech pushed her over the edge. Apparently four-day hate fests featuring Scott Baio don't work too well.

Pretty weird times we're living in.

turnip kid fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2016

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Phi230 posted:

Has Donald Trump donated 10 million to NAMBLA?

Just asking the tough questions

No no no no no, you're doing it wrong.

The question is "how much money has Donald Trump donated to NAMBLA in total?".

Or, for bonus points, "Did Donald Trump pledge to donate to NAMBLA and then not follow through?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wait until trump gets desperate and attendance starts to lag.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Deteriorata posted:

There is no one thing that's going to destroy Trump. It's about chipping away at his support. His core supporters will never change their minds, but there's a lot whose support is still conditional. There will be some of those marginal people for whom his Melania hypocrisy will be the last straw. It doesn't have to be a lot. It also means Trump spending another week railing at the press rather than saying anything positive or meaningful.

Trump generating one bad thing after another means he's constantly on the defensive, constantly shedding supporters. We've got 96 days yet. A third of a point a week in lost support puts him at about 35% and he loses him 49 states.

i expect exactly zero votes are swayed by the melania thing

but it will irritate the gently caress out of him and keep him busy ranting and making mistakes, while clinton can use it to both be pro immigrant and above the fray by supporting melania

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

euphronius posted:

Wait until trump gets desperate and attendance starts to lag.

the cameras, they never pan!! so unfair

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah but he's a hypocrite about everything. You can rail on him for any of the millions of other controversies including having illegal immigrants working on his buildings. Tying his wife to it, who has been largely out of the picture this race and was extremely reluctant to give that speech at the convention (which then immediately blew up in her face) will come across as bullying, if not by the Clinton campaign then by her media surrogates. It's an attack that doesn't really have much of an upside.

The media surrogates just need to stay out of it or praise the effect immigrants like Melania have on the country. Let independent journalists drive the story and bait Trump into more controversial statements. Let the media call Trump a hypocrite while sitting on the sideline listening to Kaine play his harmonica, and enjoy the chaos.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Yeah it doesn't really make any tactical sense for them to officially press that issue. Trump's stance on immigration is already set in stone in the eyes of both his supporters and opponents, so bringing up something about his wife from 20 years ago isn't going to change any minds. Their time is waaay better better spent to just keep hammering home the idea that he's an idiot who isn't qualified, because that's what's turning the polls blue. Also, it's the only line of attack that he is literally incapable of proving wrong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just can't believe we are like *close* to a 5-4 or even 6-3 court. It's amazing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is actually a pretty good looking webpage for a right wing crazy site.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JBWogan/status/761239272296808448

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've never had a "left" court in my life. It's going to be nuts, legally.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Looks like Boosted has been busy.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

ah yes that's this douchebag:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/760169250246000640

"soldiers aren't heroes!" he screamed as he sat in his radio host chair chugging yet another big gulp

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/760188391208157184

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

tankadillo posted:

Yeah it doesn't really make any tactical sense for them to officially press that issue. Trump's stance on immigration is already set in stone in the eyes of both his supporters and opponents, so bringing up something about his wife from 20 years ago isn't going to change any minds. Their time is waaay better better spent to just keep hammering home the idea that he's an idiot who isn't qualified, because that's what's turning the polls blue. Also, it's the only line of attack that he is literally incapable of proving wrong.

That is not the point, the point is that Trump is so thin skinned that he is physically incapable of not responding to any perceived slight and overreacting to it in a way that he does something outrageous and/or disgusting.No one is going to touch this except the media and the media is only doing it to goad Trump into saying something outragous so they can run another article about it.

They are baiting Trump because they know Trump will eventually respond because he can't help himself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Art of the Meal.... it's a cookbook! it's a cookbook!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

brutal but nothing matters

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I believe it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I love Hispanics!

They're delicious!

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

'He finds the flesh of Hindus a bit spicy'

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

turnip kid posted:

My mom who believed every word of Dinesh DSouza's Obama movie, watches fox 24/7 and spent the last eight years bitching about Obama every day is voting for Hillary. I think Bloomberg's little speech pushed her over the edge. Apparently four-day hate fests featuring Scott Baio don't work too well.

Pretty weird times we're living in.

My mom isn't as extreme as yours, but she's conservative, doesn't like Hillary, but is voting for her because she loving HATES Trump.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Who the gently caress is writing this copy lmao

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

paranoid randroid posted:

The Art of the Meal.... it's a cookbook! it's a cookbook!

art of the meal... it's a cuckbook!

edit: oh wow i really thought that'd get filtered

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
What was in that taco bowl :stonk:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

Who the gently caress is writing this copy lmao

Hope Hicks, when she isnt doing literally everything else

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

tankadillo posted:

And that's the value of the Melania thing. As with everything, it's not the issue itself, it's the way Trump will react to it. A week of him fuming and spouting gibberish about it is exactly hammering home the idea that he's unqualified.

The goal is to get under his skin and let him him demonstrate he's an idiot. It doesn't matter what the issue is.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
the Melania immigration story is just too retarded for me

Isn't there enough insane poo poo to talk about with Donald that we can leave his poor trophy wife out of this? I get that the story is about Don's hypocrisy but Melania is clearly the one Trump who is not stoked about being involved in this shitshow in any way.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

hopefully not in this order

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

pathetic little tramp posted:

"soldiers aren't heroes!" he screamed as he sat in his radio host chair chugging yet another big gulp

Cpt. Humayun Khan was awarded a posthumous Bronze Star.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

rofl my mom is still voting for donald trump because "he didn't lie and hurt this country" what the gently caress

Ron Paul 2012

You Know What To Do

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

From the CC Trump roast

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:doh: typo! forgot the "b"!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

From the CC Trump roast

lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp posted:

I don't think he was making this nuanced argument: http://taskandpurpose.com/sebastian-junger-we-need-to-stop-over-valorizing-veterans/

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Bunleigh posted:

the Melania immigration story is just too retarded for me

Isn't there enough insane poo poo to talk about with Donald that we can leave his poor trophy wife out of this? I get that the story is about Don's hypocrisy but Melania is clearly the one Trump who is not stoked about being involved in this shitshow in any way.

It will be as big of a deal as Don wants to make it. He can ignore it and it will go away on its own. He won't ignore it, though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can joke about me literally wanting to gently caress my own daughter while my toupee falls off an my ex-wives watch, but dont imply im not rich!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
They say Trump is a "Loud-mouthed dick now".- said by a mouthy cuzzunt.
True, I thinx.

Well, I'd feel safer with a Dick for president rather than a pussy. Or a second pussy.
Do feel free to reference the " Dicks, Pussies, Assholes " routine from Team America, World Police."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread