Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Connor can win the fight if he wants to win the fight probably. But I don't think he wants to. I think he wants to do stupid looking kicks and then hit a magic left hand on an iron chinned fighter who's taller than him and also left handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

LobsterMobster posted:

Ferguson basically said he thinks Khabib pulls out with injuries so much because he's cycling. Despite Khabib being tested like 6 times this year by USADA.

Khabib is a Russian athlete. Not only that a Russian athlete in MMA.

Of course hes on roids like lets be serious here.

Still love the guy but come on.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah theres no way Khabib used to be on PEDs because he has looked scintillating in his 1 fight since USADA testing, a victory over the always dangerous on 2 days notice Darrel the Scorcher Horcher.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If you cant understand how conor can win this fight, I suggest you watch the first 3 quarters of the last one.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yeah... PEDs are suppose to make you stronger. Khabib is made out of glass that breaks 2 months before every fight.

That's not how it works

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dont steroids generally increase the frequency of injuries

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Some PEDs do and in particular they can cause joint injuries.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Yeah the answer is sometimes and more likely than not

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Skip My Posts posted:

Dont steroids generally increase the frequency of injuries

I have heard this. They strengthen some parts of the body but other bits like tendons and joints don't get stronger which means they have to endure the extra stress the rest of the body is now capable of taking.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Every Russian athlete is on steroids, even the dead ones.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dan Henderson is going to be world champion of the world

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
discuss

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Michael Bisping is going to be loving terrified like 30 seconds into that fight and it's going to own so god drat hard. Michael Bisping knows he's better than Luke Rockhold, he knows he's better than Anderson Silva, but after touching gloves with Dan he's gonna be worried about that overhand right and he's gonna get caught with it again

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Dangersim posted:

If you cant understand how conor can win this fight, I suggest you watch the first 3 quarters of the last one.

actually he lost once and sucks now, so please don't embarass yourself

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bubba Smith posted:

Michael Bisping is going to be loving terrified like 30 seconds into that fight and it's going to own so god drat hard. Michael Bisping knows he's better than Luke Rockhold, he knows he's better than Anderson Silva, but after touching gloves with Dan he's gonna be worried about that overhand right and he's gonna get caught with it again

Yeah Bisping definitely has looked scared, timid and helpless in recent rematches with fighters who brutally owned him the first time, sounds right

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bispin is probably gonna win

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Dan literally has one shot at winning and that's all that old man has needed for years now.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Dangersim posted:

you mean the fight where he threw everything he had into nates face to no effect?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
What if Tyron Woodley really is the chosen one

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Trast posted:

Dan literally has one shot at winning and that's all that old man has needed for years now.

he's actually lost a whole bunch using that exact strategy

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

he's actually lost a whole bunch using that exact strategy

That's kind of my point.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

evil spiff posted:

By the way mewse, I'm happy to redo our bet for the rematch - I'll take a 30 day probation if Diaz goes full Dracula (again), you can take a week off if Diaz loses.

mewse posted:

1) I don't know why you want a month again but OK

As long as we're discussing bets - mewse, you still down?

(all references to hat eating removed from previous posts, good job mewse)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Who's gotta eat the hat bc of Woodley winning btw?

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

niethan posted:

you mean the fight where he threw everything he had into nates face to no effect?

"Nate was probably still shitfaced from the shots he was slamming on the boat, in a way he was on PEDs" - Coach Kavanagh

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Sharzak posted:

What if Tyron Woodley really is the chosen one

Well the last time we saw a chosen one in sports entertainment, he was a lame piece of poo poo who wouldn't draw, so yes that is appropriate.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

If after a couple of fights, Robbie Lawler retires, he wouldn't go into the hall of fame right? I don't know how they decide who goes in there or not.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

If after a couple of fights, Robbie Lawler retires, he wouldn't go into the hall of fame right? I don't know how they decide who goes in there or not.

Politics and money have as much of a say in it as career accomplishments and fan opinion, so trying to pick a hall of fame candidate outside of the most obvious and undeniable cases is an exercise in divination. Like you have to be a GSP or BJ Penn to be almost undoubted candidates and even people like Jon Jones have plausible reason to deny them just based on sheer public fuckupery.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

He would not. There are only two people in the "modern" section of the HOF, Forrest Griffin and BJ Penn. Griffin was inducted in 2013 so they only throw people in there very sparingly. There is a 'fights' section as well, but they are typically landmark fights that marked a paradigm shift in the sport and not just 'goodest fights.' Robbie was a great champ and is a great fighter, but his era will be remembered as a part of history where the division was struggling to find itself after GSP retired, but before the amazing ten-year reign of Tyron 'The Chosen One' Woodley, who is unseated in 2027 by CM Punk.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
People who hate Conor for corny fight hype, but unironically believe that Nate diaz was on a yacht in cabo with a bunch of strippers getting hammered and pigging out the day before the fight, even though he is an organic raw food Vegan who spends all his time getting high and training/doing triathalons

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

manyak posted:

People who hate Conor for corny fight hype, but unironically believe that Nate diaz was on a yacht in cabo with a bunch of strippers getting hammered and pigging out the day before the fight, even though he is an organic raw food Vegan who spends all his time getting high and training/doing triathalons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCl_Prha9qY

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

manyak posted:

I did not mean to post the video twice I'm sorry everyone.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I could see them putting Robbie in the hall of fame he's had a cool career over a long period of time, held a belt and had some of the best fights ever

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I like Conor

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

there's a guy who died in a car accident that wasn't even a fighter. robbie is getting in there.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Fake

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I like Conor

Me too. Nate also

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

manyak posted:

Yeah theres no way Khabib used to be on PEDs because he has looked scintillating in his 1 fight since USADA testing, a victory over the always dangerous on 2 days notice Darrel the Scorcher Horcher.

He's just using the new strategy of looking like poo poo in your last fight, it's the best strategy for winning a belt this year.
See Holm, Miesha, Aldo, Alvarez, Woodley, Bisping.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

-Atom- posted:

there's a guy who died in a car accident that wasn't even a fighter. robbie is getting in there.

Ya Robbie was in some of the best fights in UFC history and he was a champion. Who is the guy your referring to? Is it a tapout founder or something like that?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Dangersim posted:

I think Conor can win, but I don't think it has all that much to do with his performance in the 'first 3 quarters' of the last one, given that Conor himself recognized that led almost directly to his loss in the last quarter of the last one.

If Conor does the exact same thing, but just for longer because he's come in with better cardio, he'll lose the same way, just later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ian McCall is fighting Ray Borg at 203 now, so good for them and Cris "Cyborg" Santos is fighting the 'picture pending' .jpg from the UFC's website in a headliner at Fight Night 95.

• Locked thread