Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I'm still kind of bitter that we only have a single Epic merc warcaster. I get it, I don't expect them to get the same development that the main factions do, but I really thought that the war all through Llael would get us an updated Ashlynn or that the Rhulic escalation would bring in a new Gorten. I guess I can't really feel too bent out of shape until Retribution beats us out, though.

Also I just realized that Steelhead Cav lost Reach and Backswing. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Ashcans posted:

I'm still kind of bitter that we only have a single Epic merc warcaster. I get it, I don't expect them to get the same development that the main factions do, but I really thought that the war all through Llael would get us an updated Ashlynn or that the Rhulic escalation would bring in a new Gorten. I guess I can't really feel too bent out of shape until Retribution beats us out, though.

According to a Gencon rumor I heard earlier today, Ashlynn2 is in development / testing as we speak.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Ashcans posted:

The Steelhand Cav nerf sucks but I can sort of see it with the overall point cost deductions. It still sucks though.

Stannis Brocker still being a pile of crap bothers me the most. Great model, pointless rules.

I do wish Mercs would get a new caster soon-ish. Nothing from the Battle Boxes and none of the new Journeymen. I know the Caine going Merc rumor is all but confirmed at this point, but it would be nice to see an Epic Gorton. Just got to be patient I suppose.

Edit:

CaptCommy posted:

According to a Gencon rumor I heard earlier today, Ashlynn2 is in development / testing as we speak.

Oooo. Please Please Please

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Holy poo poo, my Jakes box has shipped already. I wasn't expecting that until next week at the earliest. I'll need to pick up Syllabus Wombatshaver this weekend to have ready for her.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Precursors might actually hit the table with Jakes. Also, Ol Rowdy is 14/20 with bullet dodger and that owns.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Here's what I'm thinking:

Tristran
Crusader
Crusader (cheap beaters)
Castigator (cheap SPD 5 beater)
Dervish (cheap mobile jerk)
Purifier (cheap mobile jerk. Could be 2nd dervish)
Redeemer (pew pew, truesight solo removal)
2x Wracks
Choir (Self explanatory)
Max Flame Bringers (front-line and forces the line of engagement to your enemy. Also good early target for Invol)
Max Cinerators (solid 2nd line to go in with your jacks, good late target for Invol)
Gorman (Always a solid utility)

Throw flame bringers in their face, and follow up with everything else, and everything can benefit from heals.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Clearly the correct list is

Tristan
-Redeemer x7
-Something fast (castigator?)
-Choirs

Just for the 21 boosted damage shots on the feat turn, use the other guy to slam something into their wardude for a knock down because why not?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can anyone who played pCaine in MKII comment on how he changed in MKIII? I'm reading his card right now and he seems really good.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

S.J. posted:

Also, Ol Rowdy is 14/20 with bullet dodger and that owns.

It's a real toss up whether to go for Rowdy at 14/20 or Gallant at 15/19.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

fadam posted:

Can anyone who played pCaine in MKII comment on how he changed in MKIII? I'm reading his card right now and he seems really good.

Other than teleport being shorter he's the same. Thunderstrike is way better because there are more heavies and less huge bases so that's a net buff for him. Sucks he can't take reinholdt and sylas anymore though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire posted:

It's a real toss up whether to go for Rowdy at 14/20 or Gallant at 15/19.

12/23 rowdy and 15/19 gallant is good too!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Edit: Oops, wrong Caine. Never mind this.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

is the insanely poo poo bison guy sculpt only limited edition or is that what everyone is stuck with forever

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

S.J. posted:

Other than teleport being shorter he's the same. Thunderstrike is way better because there are more heavies and less huge bases so that's a net buff for him. Sucks he can't take reinholdt and sylas anymore though.

He does give his battlegroup magic guns which is real handy if you want to run a gunline into Menoth or a Wind Wall caster.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

I AM THE MOON posted:

is the insanely poo poo bison guy sculpt only limited edition or is that what everyone is stuck with forever

Welcome to the glorious heavy-jowled future.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Jakes Dojo;

Captain Allison Jakes - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Gallant - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Firefly - PC: 8

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4
Trench Buster - PC: 6
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Trencher Commandos - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5

Ol' Rowdy is stupid good with her. Mat 10 P&S 20s with two forms of out of activation movement can't be denied (Sprint and Counter Charge)

Gallant can sit at Def 15 and smash anything that has an upkeep spell on it. Versh and Arlan means I can run this guy with no focus investment.

Firefly :science:

Commandos are there for AD stealth jam and feat funsies.

Finn because Finn.

I'm stuck I want Stormlances or Stormblades. Both have pros and cons, both hit as hard. My reason for the Stormblades is that I can fit more, closer to a PC jack. Will have to test both to see what fits better.

She is going to be so much fun!

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 4, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So which Skarre does beer Skarre count as?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

fnordcircle posted:

im glad he sucks

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire posted:

He does give his battlegroup magic guns which is real handy if you want to run a gunline into Menoth or a Wind Wall caster.

I completely forgot about that, dear lord. Yeah, his Field Marshal is pretty good. Lylyth 3 doesn't like him.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Jakes Dojo;

Captain Allison Jakes - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 5
- Ol’ Rowdy - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Gallant - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Firefly - PC: 8

Captain Maxwell Finn - PC: 6
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - PC: 4
Trench Buster - PC: 6
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 4

Trencher Commandos - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5

Ol' Rowdy is stupid good with her. Mat 10 P&S 20s with two forms of out of activation movement can't be denied (Sprint and Counter Charge)

Gallant can sit at Def 15 and smash anything that has an upkeep spell on it. Versh and Arlan means I can run this guy with no focus investment.

Firefly :science:

Commandos are there for AD stealth jam and feat funsies.

Finn because Finn.

I'm stuck I want Stormlances or Stormblades. Both have pros and cons, both hit as hard. My reason for the Stormblades is that I can fit more, closer to a PC jack. Will have to test both to see what fits better.

She is going to be so much fun!

I actually think Precursors are worth looking at for her. 11" threat on feat with blessed weaponmaster attacks at possible Mat 9/PS 14. Shield Guard if they need it on the approach, Rhupert can make them DEF 15 against shooting.

I'm wondering if taking 2-3 fireflies with Dynamo and Thunderhead is a good option too.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

CaptCommy posted:

They've got to put something in that Merc book. How about Ashlynn2, Caine3, Gorton2, and Magnus3. Oh, and Gastone2. That's an rear end load of casters though.

rantmo posted:

Syllabus Wombatshaver

This is my favorite name for him so far.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

fnordcircle posted:

Maybe I'll just paint him like he's allergic to bee's

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b9YbMbMbMc5chchdbcld3bY3NcW

(Haley 1) Captain Jakes [+28]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
- Ironclad [12]
- Ironclad [12]
- Gallant [17]
- Ol' Rowdy [18]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]
Field Mechaniks (max) [5]

let's do it

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I was gonna buy another malakov jr and swap the heads but tbh it's not even worth the effort. At least hell maybe the strakhov treatment in mark4 :smith:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah. :smith:
Is Harkevich still as interesting as wet bread, as well?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

S.J. posted:

Cygnar Army - 75 / 75 points

http://conflictchamber.com/#b11b9YbMbMbMc5chchdbcld3bY3NcW

(Haley 1) Captain Jakes [+28]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Firefly [8]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
- Ironclad [12]
- Ironclad [12]
- Gallant [17]
- Ol' Rowdy [18]
Captain Arlan Strangewayes [4]
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]
Field Mechaniks (max) [5]

let's do it

This is my kind of Warmachine! Man, I really want to try something like this.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Elara and Jakes appear to be sold out, they are no longer listed on the PP Store.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Khisanth Magus posted:

Elara and Jakes appear to be sold out, they are no longer listed on the PP Store.

Just came to check this. Got home early from work to put my order in.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

Yeah. :smith:
Is Harkevich still as interesting as wet bread, as well?

He is a man holding a club, if that's what you mean? Our prettiest Warguy is still Vlad2.

koreban posted:

Just came to check this. Got home early from work to put my order in.

I've heard rumbling that they're selling them in batches, so keep checking back.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Harkevich is legit as poo poo. Kodiaks running 14" up the board? Marauders combo smite 10" and repo3? Arm23 on feat turn? It's all gravy. Broadsides is still a loving trap spell tho.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eeeeeh gently caress Harkevich IMO. He's let me down every time I try to field him. FOC 6 is just shameful.

It's neat to note that Malakov's fighting dirty would apply to impact attacks, if I'm reading things right.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

Eeeeeh gently caress Harkevich IMO. He's let me down every time I try to field him. FOC 6 is just shameful.

It's neat to note that Malakov's fighting dirty would apply to impact attacks, if I'm reading things right.

I can understand that if you're running less than 4 marauders with him. :v:

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

w00tmonger posted:

Maybe I'll just paint him like he's allergic to bee's

albany academy posted:

Broadsides is still a loving trap spell tho.

I loving love you guys. Khadoons are best goons.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Just a quick update, I beat my friend who was kinda cheating and also being a bit of a dick to me as a new player and now he's being extremely bitter about warmachine any time i talk to him which I find super amusing. He says Jakes sucks and had this to say about your dojo lists

(5:04:46 PM) redacted: commandos are bad
(5:05:06 PM) redacted: 3 fireflies is also stupid

Also chill painter friend and me have been playing and having fun games so I'm thoroughly into warmachine now. Just got my Tristan, looking forward to painting him.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Your friend plays gunlines and should be ignored always, forever.

Also as a Menoth Man you should save your pennies for Flame Bringers they are hella loving rad and you will love them, especially against aforementioned gunboy dickhole friend.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

gannyGrabber posted:

Your friend plays gunlines and should be ignored always, forever.

This page is full of the loving truth.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
New warroom update includes all the new mans and a theme force, just downloaded it.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Mat 7-10 auto wounding, tough removing, AD, stealth, tough infantry with pathfinder are bad eh?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The ability of people to piss and moan about neat stuff in this game is absolutely breathtaking at times but I've been playing just long enough to be able to find it amusing, indeed weirdly charming, rather than being swayed by any of it in the loving least. Watching the PP Cygnar and Protectorate forums pivot from excitement about the new 'casters into knowing that they are utter poo poo and terrible and the worst things and will never be fielded evar despite them not having been in existence long enough to have played a goddamned game with. At least there's some pushback against the doom and gloom but ye gods and little fishes, what angst they pull from their own asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

rantmo posted:

The ability of people to piss and moan about neat stuff in this game is absolutely breathtaking at times but I've been playing just long enough to be able to find it amusing, indeed weirdly charming, rather than being swayed by any of it in the loving least. Watching the PP Cygnar and Protectorate forums pivot from excitement about the new 'casters into knowing that they are utter poo poo and terrible and the worst things and will never be fielded evar despite them not having been in existence long enough to have played a goddamned game with. At least there's some pushback against the doom and gloom but ye gods and little fishes, what angst they pull from their own asses.

A friend and I just brainstormed a Jakes list with Trenchers, a pair of Fireflies and Alexia1 with Murdoch. Trenchers assault/jam/survive, risen charge through and eat infantry, then restock. Alexia snipes out key solo or UA. Stormcallers finish off anything not dead already to electroleaps and Ironclad + Rowdy/Centurion eat up heavies. Sprinkle with solos to taste (Alton Ashley, Eiyriss, ATRiflemen, Journeyman Warcaster..)

It would not be pleasant for anyone who likes to run infantry, and probably threatening enough to worry heavy armor lists.