Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
THE

WINGS

GAMING

e: holy poo poo how did Alliance get all five to midlane like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
:laffo: this fight

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's cool, let's just feed an Alch an ultra kill, this is fine.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
perfect, beautiful wings

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Alliance Status:

Back ☐

Not Back ☑

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
EG with the LC Magnus lineup

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

magnus + 4 melee on EG

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
i know venge's attack range is short but jeez

Kit Nubbles
Nov 17, 2005

Keeper of the Beard

Schnorkles posted:

Alliance Status:

Not Rekt ☐

Rekt ☑

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Let's Go Dhome

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

top feeders wtf

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Oh my god the gg branch tree block

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
O no le bulldoge >>>>>>

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
good job alliance for feeding that alch to the point where he could get 1K+ gpm

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
poo poo it didn't work

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

tnc has some crazy good wards

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I really don't watch much dota, but there seem to be a lot more early team fights than in previous years? Is that the direction of the current meta, or am I just happening to find aggressive games?

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

So I really don't watch much dota, but there seem to be a lot more early team fights than in previous years? Is that the direction of the current meta, or am I just happening to find aggressive games?

No, that's been the direction of the meta for the last few patches now.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

People are less cautious during group stages.
Also yes, laning phase is shorter

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

The Glumslinger posted:

past couple of patches have really favored team fights over split farming

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
LC has +30 at 10 minutes

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
n0tail really likes Hurricane Pike huh.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Depends what you compare it to. TI5 had a lot of aggression. TI4 had a fairly low level. As the tourney goes on teams start figuring out how to stay safer from the aggression that teams run.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Glumslinger posted:

The last year of patching trends:
Killing AI things = less gold
Killing players = more gold

Basically they aren't going to get rid of stacking, even if it's an illogical Warcraft 3 anachronism, but they're going to make it a lot less important. Last year's games had a lot of enormous ancient stacks and teams fighting over them and trying to catch each other farming them.

Now, gently caress that. Don't farm dinosaurs and dragons, farm other people.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

The last year of patching trends:
Killing AI things = less gold
Killing players = more gold

Basically they aren't going to get rid of stacking, even if it's an illogical Warcraft 3 anachronism, but they're going to make it a lot less important. Last year's games had a lot of enormous ancient stacks and teams fighting over them and trying to catch each other farming them.

Now, gently caress that. Don't farm dinosaurs and dragons, farm other people.

Tell me more about anti-fun hidden power toxic antipatterns counterplay.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sub-100 gpm on BH and KOTL for TNC

e: kotl has like 101gpm now

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nanomashoes posted:

Tell me more about anti-fun hidden power toxic antipatterns counterplay.
Uh, I wasn't complaining. Game is more awesome now to watch than it's ever been.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Uh, I wasn't complaining. Game is more awesome now to watch than it's ever been.

I'm complaining. Laning is fun.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
fear hitting for about 360 damage at 23 mins with armlet, 72 duel dmg, empower. oh and Venge aura

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Either EG wins or TNC wins a 70+ minute naga game. There's no other way.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
:confused: abounds in the LGD-Navi game where Alch's first Aghs upgrade choice goes to himself.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
85 gpm KOTL, 63 gpm BH

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

emdash posted:

sub-100 gpm on BH and KOTL for TNC

e: kotl has like 101gpm now

supporting Naga or Tinker is the worst thing ever

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

yeah nothing better than hitting creeps until money falls out, my other hobbies include watching paint dry and listening to recordings of the phonebook

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nanomashoes posted:

It seems to me they wanted to be able to reduce the dependency on the comeback mechanic (because pros hated it) while also controlling the snowball stomp nature (because viewers hated it.) So rather than a winning team getting a huge farm advantage killing trolls and dragons, and the losing team getting back into it by hunting the richest bounty, you go for more straight up manfights.

They've retracted a bit. Winning teams usually have more kills than the 1.5x-2x (with 2x being a typical pub loss) they used to, but they aren't in the 3x range like they were in 6.86. Announcers are having to point out more and more often that the kills count doesn't necessarily indicate who is winning.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

lurksion posted:

:confused: abounds in the LGD-Navi game where Alch's first Aghs upgrade choice goes to himself.

Now he's buying Tomes of Knowledge for himself at level 23.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

botany posted:

yeah nothing better than hitting creeps until money falls out, my other hobbies include watching paint dry and listening to recordings of the phonebook

Nothing more fun than being so good you shut your opponent out of the game for the next 20 minutes instead of supports being able to roam eternally and shore up any lane they're losing.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

Nothing more fun than being so good you shut your opponent out of the game for the next 20 minutes instead of supports being able to roam eternally and shore up any lane they're losing.

as a roaming support player i disagree

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Na'vi should do aghs drow
I wanna see aghs drow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

botany posted:

as a roaming support player i disagree

I weep for you, for you shall never know the joys of pwning on the mid lane