Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

it's because they live in a house where they scrim overwatch as a day job after quitting their actual jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
So I've opened 75 boxes during this event, and I've gotten every skin except the epic Torb one, and many dupe legendaries. Only missing the Lucio emote and Roadhog/Zen victory poses besides the sprays/icons. Seems like a pretty good drop rate on most of them unless I got really lucky.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Akumos posted:

So I've opened 75 boxes during this event, and I've gotten every skin except the epic Torb one, and many dupe legendaries. Only missing the Lucio emote and Roadhog/Zen victory poses besides the sprays/icons. Seems like a pretty good drop rate on most of them unless I got really lucky.

Are you going to be ok? Should we write mean things to Blizzard because they sold you all those boxes against your will?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Such a gambler. :swoon:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe he just levelled up 75 times

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well, that was a fun match. We actually had someone pick a second tank on Gibraltar, and they just had Rein, so I did some shielding but mainly did the Reinhardt Mating Dance. Kept their tank running back from spawn, swing my hammer at some other guys in their back line, and while three folks would take me down, it was time the rest of my team was taking their other 2-3 apart. We had a nice easy push to the goal, and their Rein wasn't nearly as good at charging as I was.

One thing I haven't pinned down (pun intended), sometimes it looks like I hit someone square with my charge and they bounce instead of getting grabbed. Is it just a precise hitbox, or does jumping dodge the pin or something?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Akumos posted:

just remember: it's not your fault

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao if you think something under $100 is a lot of money, especially for a Blizzard game I'm probably going to sink hundreds of hours into over time.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Akumos posted:

lmao if you think something under $100 is a lot of money, especially for a Blizzard game I'm probably going to sink hundreds of hours into over time.

lmao if you think saying poo poo like this justifies yourself buying 50+ lootboxes

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

Well, that was a fun match. We actually had someone pick a second tank on Gibraltar, and they just had Rein, so I did some shielding but mainly did the Reinhardt Mating Dance. Kept their tank running back from spawn, swing my hammer at some other guys in their back line, and while three folks would take me down, it was time the rest of my team was taking their other 2-3 apart. We had a nice easy push to the goal, and their Rein wasn't nearly as good at charging as I was.

One thing I haven't pinned down (pun intended), sometimes it looks like I hit someone square with my charge and they bounce instead of getting grabbed. Is it just a precise hitbox, or does jumping dodge the pin or something?

I think there's a hitbox and if you jump at the right time you get bounced, I've done it accidentally a few times. It's more generous of a hitbox than you think, Rein can vacuum up someone who's standing a bit to his left or right, but getting enough height seems to put you out of its area of effect.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tokit posted:

lmao if you think saying poo poo like this justifies yourself buying 50+ lootboxes
It's okay, he's only a social lootboxer.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I think of the defense heroes, Bastion and Junkrat can be saved.

For Bastion, give Recon improved bloom for LMB, and for RMB allow him to launch up to 2 sonar drones. Sonar drones will reveal enemies that come close to them and give an audible ping to the player of Bastion that a sonar drone has been activated. Sonar drones go silent while in Sentry or Tank mode. Further, ad another 50 health and 50 armor, Bastion is huge and is very prone to absorb a ton of damage.

For Junkrat, give higher velocity grenades, increase the grenades increased splash radius, increase steel traps throw distance, decrease cooldowns by 2s for concussion mine and steel trap, and improve the velocity of rip tire.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I hope future maps and heroes will be put into limited edition crates. Please vote up this post so Blizzard sees it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Let Junkrat switch between impact and sticky nades so he can be the Demoman

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I don't know what's been going on, but I keep getting disconnected mid game, if I'm the group leader it kicks everyone out. Its now giving me a leaver penalty (great :)). Has this been happening to anyone else?

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

Bill NYSE posted:

The announcer does shout "Goal" although I re-watched a clip of mine and it's quiet compared to the music. Might just be my settings.

https://youtu.be/D6Ntk8peiIE
Kinda

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
:iiam:

http://plays.tv/video/57a3e1b98ed1c6d332/dva-and-symmetra-in-lucioball

(fast forward to 5:20)

torb main fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 5, 2016

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Akumos posted:

Not if they catch you hacking

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Okay so yeah, new skins and stuff are cool and I'd love to have them, but also, jesus christ are people on the blizz forums histrionically entitled to content

like seriously people, it's decorative digital tinsel and you're coming at the developers like they kicked you and your family off the list of people that will get underground railroaded out of a totalitarian gulag

newsflash, sometimes you don't get to have literally everything the second you want it just because

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

SlimGoodbody posted:

newsflash, sometimes you don't get to have literally everything the second you want it just because

But they paid money...

I'm so confused. Can I spend money on boxes or not? Is hacking ok or not? Is gambling unethical?! Should Blizz get sued??! Is D'va OP?? Should the game be balanced based on competitive players?! Is it ok to watch pro gamers? Is it even ok to like OW!?!

There's just no way to knoooow

strong bird
May 12, 2009

loving entitled paupers.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chewbot posted:

But they paid money...

I'm so confused. Can I spend money on boxes or not? Is hacking ok or not? Is gambling unethical?! Should Blizz get sued??! Is D'va OP?? Should the game be balanced based on competitive players?! Is it ok to watch pro gamers? Is it even ok to like OW!?!

There's just no way to knoooow

Yes. No. Sort of. I'd like to see an EULA challenged in court. Maybe a little, but that may be because I find her annoying to fight. Yes but they shouldn't ignore balance at lower levels. Yes. Yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My level 50 box game American McCree, so I'm happy. It's high noon in America, and I'm gonna hard-lock a character I'm absolutely no good with until I get sick of him or I git gud.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Yes. No. Sort of. I'd like to see an EULA challenged in court. Maybe a little, but that may be because I find her annoying to fight. Yes but they shouldn't ignore balance at lower levels. Yes. Yes.

Man you loving suck

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So uhh, the last 3 games quick play threw me into were instant defeats. What the gently caress Blizzard. Let me play.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Augh, entitled!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jinh posted:

I like boxes more gently caress you

gently caress you!!!!

i bought boxes on my bday yesterday and got 3 epics and 5 legendaries :p

e: i was watching ster's latest stream before todays i assume and he was battling a mcree that had the golden pistol

it looks like poo poo ingame its literally just as bad as the gold TF2 weapons

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 5, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Golden Zarya gun looks dope as gently caress though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bolow posted:

a few are p drat good that is true

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bolow posted:

This and also the Genji gold weapons.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gettin' mad at video games. Are there any other goons who are interested in actual competitive play that'd like to hook up? Jastiger#1506

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I want a gold gun please blizzard

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hereby christen American McCree as MagaCree

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's no way to control what you get out of those summer lootboxes right? There's literally one thing I want from them but I'm sure even if I played 100 games I wouldn't get it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no way to control what you get out of those summer lootboxes right? There's literally one thing I want from them but I'm sure even if I played 100 games I wouldn't get it.

Just as with regular lootboxes you are never guaranteed to get anything, the exception is at least one thing in each summer lootbox will be a summer loot item, most of which are still sprays and icons.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Got the Junkrat shotput intro. :getin:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Akumos posted:

How much have you spent on lootboxes? How much did you spend on wow mounts?

The first step is admitting it

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ok I get why "Avoid player" was removed but can I just have a setting that says "don't place me on a team with anyone who has 80+% of their time played as Widowmaker and Hanzo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Guess no one else has got Sombra out of their boxes then :dance: