Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

haha this rules, death to the GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also there's more Hispanics who would be in favor of stricter immigration laws (oftentimes Cubans, a group that used to set the gold standard for ladder kicking but not so much anymore) than there are blacks who literally want to return to 1950.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

zoux posted:

Has Drumpf said or done anything racist vs black folks becide general anti-BLM stuff that everyone everywheres doing anyway? It's interesting that he polls so badly with them while Hispanic voters, whose heritage and history he's slandered constantly, are more likely to vote for him. I guess that's a testament to Hillary's ties to that constituency, I wonder how different the "are you voting for her or against him" is in the African American crosstab vs the population as a whole.

What do Drumpf's numbers look like among Muslim voters.

They've been jumping off the GOP ship steadily since the Islamophobia of post 9/11 and the various adventures into the ME.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Everything's fine guys. Trump actually leads Clinton!

https://inquir.io/2016/08/05/donald-trump-leading-new-polls/#.V6PNMGW8tEw

"For clarification, LongRoom conducts their polls a bit differently than traditional polling places, they compensate for the over sampling of Democrats and Republicans and use accurate representations of area demographics to skew the results in a more unbiased manner."

Oh.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Piquai Souban posted:

Central Park 5, insane attacks on Obama, refusing to rent to blacks.

Most Americans never knew about/don't remember a single one of these.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Pander posted:

They've been jumping off the GOP ship steadily since the Islamophobia of post 9/11 and the various adventures into the ME.

A few articles on this, this was recent:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/arab-american-muslim-vote-2016-trump-bush-dearborn-detroit-michigan-214134

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This is a straight up fanservice handjob to political junkies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MadJackal posted:

This is a straight up fanservice handjob to political junkies.

Thats pretty much the only people that follow hillary clinton on twitter

pantsofwar
Jul 14, 2006
Yea, becouse pants do go to war? Eh?

zoux posted:

Has Trump said or done anything racist vs black folks becide general anti-BLM stuff that everyone everywheres doing anyway? It's interesting that he polls so badly with them while Hispanic voters, whose heritage and history he's slandered constantly, are more likely to vote for him. I guess that's a testament to Hillary's ties to that constituency, I wonder how different the "are you voting for her or against him" is in the African American crosstab vs the population as a whole.

What do Trump's numbers look like among Muslim voters.

He has never really done any outreach to the minority voting blocks. What makes matters worse for his PR is that he never gave/donated anything to the minority groups. Trump status/credibility is mud.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i love how vain and insipid her twitter is holy poo poo

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Okonner posted:

Most Americans never knew about/don't remember a single one of these.

Birtherism is definitely the biggest factor, but Kaine will be reminding us of Trump's hateful landlord work soon - he was on it today.

But think about birtherism, and Trump's idea that a black man like Obama could never be considered truly American.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Can they remove Trump at this point? Are there still enough true believers that dumping him would be political suicide for the GOP?

I heard a mention in the news here about some kind of intervention by Trump's confidants or whatever to try and get him to pull his head in; is that likely to go ahead, and is it likely to succeed?

They dump him now and his supporters have all the evidence in the world that the Republicans sabotaged Trump, because if they do dump him, they did. This makes Trump and Trump alike's an issue in the next couple of elections as well, as they will not have been defeated handily. Issue is of course, that even if Trump loses, he is already laying the groundwork for excuses, from fixing from his opponents to a lack of support from his supposed allies. So maybe a loss, even a big one doesn't kill the alt right as a Republican King Maker. The math problem is whether keeping him on drags them all down the pit with him or whether they can manage to avoid being tainted in the next few cycles by his time as their face. Pick your poison I guess?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

Can they remove Trump at this point? Are there still enough true believers that dumping him would be political suicide for the GOP?

I heard a mention in the news here about some kind of intervention by Trump's confidants or whatever to try and get him to pull his head in; is that likely to go ahead, and is it likely to succeed?

There is no mechanism I'm aware of to withdraw the nomination. They'd have to recall the convention, pass a bunch of new rules, and proceed from there. Then they'd have to come up with an alternate candidate, and no one is going to want the job.

The RNC can act if Trump withdraws, without the full convention, but we're already past some states' deadlines for ballot printing.

Thus they could dump him in principle, but in reality they can't.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

zoux posted:

Has Trump said or done anything racist vs black folks becide general anti-BLM stuff that everyone everywheres doing anyway? It's interesting that he polls so badly with them while Hispanic voters, whose heritage and history he's slandered constantly, are more likely to vote for him. I guess that's a testament to Hillary's ties to that constituency, I wonder how different the "are you voting for her or against him" is in the African American crosstab vs the population as a whole.

What do Trump's numbers look like among Muslim voters.

He acted like he didn't know who David Duke was in that one interview, I think that was big. Retweeting alt-righters as well but Duke is literal KKK and he just acted really annoyed when they asked him to to disavow his support. I don't think there are too many blacks willing to overlook that.

pantsofwar
Jul 14, 2006
Yea, becouse pants do go to war? Eh?
One thing Trump can do that can possibly make him credible in the polling is to spend cash. He is not doing the one thing that can help him, is to spend on lobbying, outreach and or just anything really. Maybe he is just pulling some sort of boxing trick and waiting it out till next month till he makes his moves?

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Deteriorata posted:

At this point it is looking like they are going to lose big with or without him and one of those options gives them a slightly plausible way to save face. I can see Trump suddenly having "health issues" and having to withdraw or something.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

If you just told me this without numbers or a graphic I'd say "yeah, I'll buy that", but seeing it quantified like this it takes me a moment to wrap my head around it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They could just withdraw their endorsements and tell everybody to vote for Johnson as President and the Republicans down ballot, but at this point every Republican that hasn't yet withdrawn their endorsement have already shown that they're huge unprincipled cowards so what's the point.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Didn't even flinch. Boss.

Matt "M'lady" Drudge posted:

VIDEO: Hillary panics after protesters shout near Vegas rally stage...

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Is the Secret Service guy named Hillary too? Small world.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Agree 100%

https://twitter.com/Alex__Katz/status/761336013235056640

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

There is no mechanism I'm aware of to withdraw the nomination. They'd have to recall the convention, pass a bunch of new rules, and proceed from there. Then they'd have to come up with an alternate candidate, and no one is going to want the job.

The RNC can act if Trump withdraws, without the full convention, but we're already past some states' deadlines for ballot printing.

Even if they did dump him, it's not like he'd go away. He'd be out there sabotaging Republicans on purpose rather than by accident.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bar Crow posted:

Even if they did dump him, it's not like he'd go away. He'd be out there sabotaging Republicans on purpose rather than by accident.

Well he's already announced he might form SuperPACs to go after Cruz, Kasich, and other Republicans that didn't endorse him, so I guess that's a possibility.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Okonner posted:

I just figured a lot of regular voters in the African American community have a good spidey-sense for racism.

it's this

look at that politico article upthread where hispanics are like "whoa they're just gonna come for us next"

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Piquai Souban posted:

Central Park 5, insane attacks on Obama, refusing to rent to blacks.

Plus minorities often know that hate directed at other groups will eventually come around for them.

As a Korean, I have this feleing he's going to start on Asians very soon.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Lot of African Americans know about the "Laziness is an inherent trait in blacks" quote.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shadowhand00 posted:

the Japanaheez and their steakhouses

WOW

i mean geez, i tell ya folks

they make a great filet, the best

of course it could be better if they were using my steaks but hey

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Piquai Souban posted:

Birtherism is definitely the biggest factor, but Kaine will be reminding us of Trump's hateful landlord work soon - he was on it today.

But think about birtherism, and Trump's idea that a black man like Obama could never be considered truly American.

I don't doubt the Clinton campaign can remind people of how much Trump hates black people. But even before they have we see polls like this.

I'm white but if I had to guess as to why this is the case I would assume a lot of black voters realize that racism directed against other races is still just as bad.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

the Japanaheez and their steakhouses

WOW

i mean geez, i tell ya folks

they make a great filet, the best
y'see 'em? They got those knives! dadadadadaddada

Chops those well-done steaks into bits, I love it. You can just get in there with your lil' fingers and enjoy every bite.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Plus Trump has seemingly elevated ambient racism in his followers and online and in the general political conversation and moved the Overton window so that we hear a lot more dumb poo poo like that Nehlen weirdo wanting to deport all Muslims.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

could someone explain what the (((parentheses))) mean

i've seen em in the thread a couple thousand pages back but i forgot to ask

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Secret Jews. Seriously.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kerrrrrrr posted:

it's to signify friends of the keebler elves

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shadowhand00 posted:

You mean he hasn't been railing against china for months?

Grey Fox posted:

Secret Jews. Seriously.

mods, please change my name to "A Winner is ((()))"

poppingseagull
Apr 12, 2004
So I've only been following the Trump twitter account closely since the RNC, but it seems to me that his twitter has been reined in by someone the past 24 hours. He's only posted positive notes of thanks.

Is that normal for him to take a break like this or is it a sign of a possible change?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fullhouse posted:

haha this rules, death to the GOP

Apocryphal dads better start saying "welcome to the republican party" faster or else there will be no more republicans left by 2100

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Racists started using ((())) to denote either Jewish reporters or organizations/people that they thought were Jew-controlled. Jewish reporters (and supporters) started using it themselves as a way of appropriating it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It's used in Alt-Right circles to indicate people who either are Jews or are owned by Jews, and has been reclaimed by some journalists and political wonks as a gently caress-the-alt-right indicator and to show they aren't anti-semites

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"I love Asians! They built the best railroads. They don't make 'em like that anymore."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Like that scene with tinkerbell only trying to get everybody to stand up and clap for the republican party

• Locked thread