Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Unrelated to Berserk but I just found out that Hirasawa was also the go to composer for Satashi Kon.

Including this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XjTpm9coJA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

It's even better with the visuals attached to it

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

bondster posted:

Unrelated to Berserk but I just found out that Hirasawa was also the go to composer for Satashi Kon.

Including this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XjTpm9coJA

Paranoia Agent is excellent and everyone should watch it

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Paranoia Agent is excellent and everyone should watch it

Agreed. That's some good anime right there. Lil Slugger is a cool guy.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Paprika is by the same guy with Hirasawa composing again and it's also good.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Begemot posted:

Miura definitely went overboard with some of the Falconia spreads, and the sea monsters. At a certain point it's hard to tell what you're looking at there's so much detail to every roof tile or slimy tentacle. These recent chapters have been just right though. A little bit cartoony but with the details in the right places. I love the designs of all the wizards and witches so far.

if you pay attention guts busts an anime sweatdrop at the young ones' food chasing antics

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Lamebot posted:

if you pay attention guts busts an anime sweatdrop at the young ones' food chasing antics

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Golden Age Berserk had a dude that was basically Eggman as a recurring antagonist, just saying.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Last Celebration posted:

Golden Age Berserk had a dude that was basically Eggman as a recurring antagonist, just saying.

Do you mean the legendary Adon Coborlwitz? Miss that guy. Thinking about old antagonists like him makes me want to see Casca back in action again. Broke his face and made him humble.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zodd is playable in the Berserk game.

In both forms!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

What about the antagonist whos just an egg with legs.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

What about the antagonist whos just an egg with legs.

Not a real man anymore, so he's disqualified.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Now we need a segment where you play as Gatts riding Zodd. I need to murder harder in my dynasty warriors clone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Now we need a segment where you play as Gatts riding Zodd. I need to murder harder in my dynasty warriors clone.

I'm pretty sure you mean Gatsu

I'm sorry LordMune

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
You will regret this. You all will, some day.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Unrelated, chicken katsu might be my favorite Japanese dish. Unfortunately no one near my house does it well so I have to drive into the city to get it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Chicken katsu is indeed the best and I'm lucky enough to live in Seattle where it's available on practically every street corner.

Chicken gatsu would presumably be deep fried in the blood of apostles.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Sounds tasty. And if anything, blame the band of the hawks translation I'm reading. I can't dl the evil genius scans so I make do.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Chicken gatsu-don :chef101:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

I'm a tonkatsu man myself. Next time I go to Japan I plan to subsist entirely on tonkatsu sandwiches (katsusando). Bread, shredded cabbage, tonkatsu sauce, tonkatsu. Actually incredible.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Sounds tasty. And if anything, blame the band of the hawks translation I'm reading. I can't dl the evil genius scans so I make do.

You deserve to read better manga, to see it with your own eyes. If you can't buy the Dark Horse releases I'm sure there's a suitable dot com just a google away.

EDIT: Just to be clear, buy the Dark Horse volumes ASAP. Many were reprinted not too long ago and can still be found at a reasonable price. But no one deserves Band of the Hawk scanlations.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 4, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LordMune posted:

But no one deserves Band of the Hawk scanlations.

Duwang they are not. All the jank with none of the entertainment or charm.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chicken Katsu is indeed great just by itself, but specifically chicken katsu curry is my favorite. I like Indian curry just fine but there is just something special about the kind they use in Japan that makes the rest not measure up for me.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Nate RFB posted:

Chicken Katsu is indeed great just by itself, but specifically chicken katsu curry is my favorite. I like Indian curry just fine but there is just something special about the kind they use in Japan that makes the rest not measure up for me.

Even in Japan not all curry is made equal.

Behold, Perfection.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Oh I definitely plan on getting the dark horse books, when I have spare money. But for now I'm just reading online since this ones a good series.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Start scraping Abebooks, bn, Amazon (note my us-centric info). Buy them piecemeal when the price is right.

I was fortunate that most were running around $15, except for a few that were backordered for a couple weeks. I had a system going where I knew approximately how long free/cheap shipping would take, so I ordered them ahead and forced myself to slow down my reading pace.

Only trouble is the two-page spreads. As someone has pointed out, some of them really need to be on A1 or A0, rolled, and shipped in a tube. As long as they're not Griffith hair spreads :aaaaa:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

:getin:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
POST THE SOURCE!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Fffffffffffffffffffine

http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2016/08/koei-tecmos-berserk-screenshots.html

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Thank you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep, yep, yep
YEEEEEP
yep
yeaaah
yes
yes
that's the good poo poo right there

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao, maybe these guys can give the anime producers some insight on to how to make Berserk look good in 3D because god drat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm genuinely going to be sad as gently caress if Zodd dies, even if Guts is the one to do it. Even if Zodd happily dies to someone he considers his equal in a fair duel.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New episode is out, Solid Snake is the voice of the Skull Knight.

CG aside, some of the editing decisions are bizarre. You probably could of just put the bit about Farneses lust for burning people before the Pagan scenes and have Guts arriving be the post credits stinger. It felt pretty awkward to have 3 minutes of post credits when that could of been easily moved

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bondster posted:

New episode is out, Solid Snake is the voice of the Skull Knight.

CG aside, some of the editing decisions are bizarre. You probably could of just put the bit about Farneses lust for burning people before the Pagan scenes and have Guts arriving be the post credits stinger. It felt pretty awkward to have 3 minutes of post credits when that could of been easily moved

yeah i got excited when the credits started playing, and was very sad to find out there was still 3 more minutes left to watch

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh so Zodd is actually a flying Pumaman Gargoyle?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This week was pretty average*.
Nina is somehow less likeable here.

*Berserk 2016 standards.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I forgot how absolutely lovely Nina was.

Also the censorship totally ruined the weird witch orgy

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 6, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A cgi doll spanking a naked cgi doll.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Such weird editing. The director or editor on this project just has no idea what to do with a camera.

This episode, and every episode of this series now that I think about it, feels like the unfinished version you send to the client for notes a few months before it's actually done. The only time I feel like I'm watching a professional production is when the Hirasawa song plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I actually don't like this Hirasawa song.

HAI YO is incredibly phoned in compared to, say, Aria or Forces. And every time the anime uses it, it's just the song itself, uncut. There's no specific notes or chords or motif they use to try to set a tone for a given scene, just here's the song, or the chorus at least, awkwardly shoved in whenever they think it's needed. It's making me really dislike the song, and the fact that it's so distinct compared to the rest of the music makes it stick out even more.