Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

"media bias of the day"
Donald Trump with the three minutes salt

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/761372435665027073

he obviously didn't just see maddow's views on said rally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah? Wanna go head to head with "what the gently caress is going on?"

Way behind on this but if you did a ctrl+f on the whole thread for either, yeah.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They are hoping for concessions under the new regime. I certainly hope they don't get them.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

blue squares posted:

No, it's "thousand new pages, what did I miss?"

This would be right but the value of pages changes wildly from one rip van winkle to the next.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/761149116328005633

https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/761151747712745472

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/761154971605741568

we don't deserve this

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Nichael posted:

The Trump boys going on safari and shooting up elephants is beyond repugnant because they are incredibly intelligent animals who have complex social systems.

Eh, pigs aren't far behind them. What the Trumps did was hosed up but meat eating is hosed up all around.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

remusclaw posted:

Office that provides ID for voting in one Wisconsin burg is open 4 days in 2016, John Oliver says-- Rated Mostly True
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2016/feb/19/john-oliver/office-provides-id-voting-one-wisconsin-burg-open-/

It isn't always this egregious, but this is an issue. Think about like the issue with illegal abortions, a rich person can travel to get one someplace else, a poor person does not always have that option.

Mostly the issue is this:

Proponents of Voter ID claim it will prevent voter fraud, but when pressed to prove fraud exists, they cannot. Voter ID is one of many franchise restrictions that disproportionately affects minority voters. North Carolina's legislature literally requested race data on voting practices and then legislated away those that were disproportionately used by blacks.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

we don't deserve this

What in the gently caress? Why would his kids be any more acceptable

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I love the Secret Service hug. The "Hey, how's it going, we're close friends, this is a perfectly appropriate time, I'm definitely not awkwardly invading your personal space so I can take a potential bullet for you" hug.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
This doesn't matter right I don't even know anymore

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/04/trumps-immigration-policies-wouldve-stopped-him-from-melania-over-immigration-violations/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Don't forget the ID you need to have to get a state ID. A lot of adults don't have their birth certificates (or never had them, but that's a smaller and smaller demographic.) Getting a new copy of your birth certificate from North Carolina, for instance, costs you $24 sent by money order or certified check. People who work with the homeless and the very poor often have clients who don't even know what state they were born in, which makes it impossible to get a copy of the birth certificate. (When your parents are migrant workers, or just move around a lot, that can happen.) If you were born before the '90s, your parents didn't apply for a Social Security card at the hospital. If you've only ever worked cash jobs, you almost certainly don't have a Social Security card.

To get a California ID, you need:
* Your Social Security number
* One of driver's license/passport/birth certificate
* If your name doesn't match the birth certificate, you need a marriage certificate, name change document, or adoption papers
* Two documents proving your California residency, chosen from

* * Home utility bills.
* * Title or deed to your residence/property.
* * Pay stub from your employer.
(the full list is here; note that they've added "Letter on letterhead from a homeless shelter, a shelter for abused women, nonprofit entity, employer, faith-based organization, or government within the U.S. attesting that the applicant is a resident of California.", presumably for cases like my imaginary person.)

If you're working for cash and paying cash to your landlord, you won't have any of the finance-based ones, and will have to go find an organization that will write you a document.

Starting from scratch, Mrs. John Jones of Everyville, California needs her birth certificate ($24 from NC), her marriage certificate ($17 from Colorado), her social security card (free, but takes time), and then $28 for the California ID card. That's $69 to vote, and that is a hefty poll tax even before you add in time taken off from work to stand in line at the DMV. Which is why it should be illegal to require photo ID without making it free and easy to get photo ID.

I'm a white dude in Chicago and it was a bitch and a half to track down all the documents I needed for a new Illinois id. And the Chicago DMV isnt open three times a quarter.

gregday
May 23, 2003

powerofrecall posted:

This for real gave me a real heavy respect for the Hilldawg. You can see a bit of fear in her eyes, which is understandable, but she doesn't completely poo poo her pants like Trump. Amazing.

The only time she looks startled is when the secret service agent comes up behind her.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I just re-checked and lyincrookedhillary.com still hasn't delivered on lies #4-10 that they promised

I guess they looked as hard as they could and just couldn't come up with more than 3 :sad:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Corek posted:

We are all liberals now

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

gregday posted:

The only time she looks startled is when the secret service agent comes up behind her.

Her recovery from it was pretty slick too. Maybe she could even manage to be appealing and relatable with a little more adrenaline pumping through her veins on a regular basis.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The drat has broken, and the valley of the GOP is consumed in fire. They thought it's shattering would be the deliverance of water to a long parched land, but only lava made of pure hate floods from the breach. Some lay down to be slowly consumed by it and others run praying the flow eventually stops. Above it all stands the crooked one, the one who sent them on this crusade all those decades ago.

"You want hate? Then you shall have it, and you shall drown in it"

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Epic High Five posted:

I just re-checked and lyincrookedhillary.com still hasn't delivered on lies #4-10 that they promised

I guess they looked as hard as they could and just couldn't come up with more than 3 :sad:

They're saving them for dramatic suspense

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wall Is Life posted:

Now would be a good time for them. Or don't, see if I care

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Wall Is Life posted:

Scott Walker is preparing a multi election reveal where one Hillary lie is revealed each presidential election

gregday
May 23, 2003

powerofrecall posted:

Her recovery from it was pretty slick too. Maybe she could even manage to be appealing and relatable with a little more adrenaline pumping through her veins on a regular basis.

Those few seconds where her eyes narrow and she's assessing the situation is something I've never seen on her face before but I like it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Corek posted:

We are all liberals now

Trump is a uniter.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall
A real liberal would vote for trump

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

powerofrecall posted:

Kinda hosed they recast Jason Statham for crank 3

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

The drat has broken, and the valley of the GOP is consumed in fire. They thought it's shattering would be the deliverance of water to a long parched land, but only lava made of pure hate floods from the breach. Some lay down to be slowly consumed by it and others run praying the flow eventually stops. Above it all stands the crooked one, the one who sent them on this crusade all those decades ago.

"You want hate? Then you shall have it, and you shall drown in it"

PRAISE THE SPACE EMPRESS :abuela:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was reflecting on all this insanity and I remembered this from a while ago: http://www.mediaite.com/online/el-chapo-sends-death-threats-to-donald-trump-calling-him-a-whitey-milkshtter/

Since in the grim dark future international drug lords can talk to us on loving twitter, El Chapo called Trump a "milk shitter" for all the world to see

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
There has to be a hard correction soon. I refuse to believe that the universe is so kind that we'd see the GOP's majority's in the house crushed.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

What in the gently caress? Why would his kids be any more acceptable

There is no way, but Ivanka at least would be more acceptable in that A) she doesn't just say the first lovely thing that pops into her head B) She spares the GOP the legacy of having actually run Donald loving Trump in a Presidential election C) If she won (she wouldn't) she'd theoretically be easier to control or at least bargain with due to not being a mentally unstable narcissist.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

"Borderline bigotry" t:what:

Setting aside the fact that he is way past border, why would you tip toe around that in your take down article of him? If you are trying to build a case against him (and you don't want to piss off your racist readers) site only the judge comments which even Ryan called racist.

Edit: in regards to Clinton's reaction to a potential threat, I can't help but wonder what physical preparedness training she's had from the Secret Service. I get annual training at my job as a desk jockey.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 5, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, that Bill Mitchell guy is having a fantastic little meltdown on Twitter right now

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761373922981969920
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761374305208897537
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761377730281766913
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761378346580185089
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761378686599856128
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761378920792989698

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Trump is the most amazing democrat ever make him president.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Also if you listen to her speech from the convention it's clear that until maybe a year ago Ivanka was a democrat

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

TheBalor posted:

There has to be a hard correction soon. I refuse to believe that the universe is so kind that we'd see the GOP's majority's in the house crushed.

I think a "hard correction" would require Trump to stop being Trump, which won't happen. But you will see a "soft correction" of Hillary's convention bounce fading, Trump's penalty from the Khan feud fading, and the Olympics distracting everyone. This should lead to the race settling back into an equlibrium of...I dunno, maybe Clinton +4 or so.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gret posted:

Trump is a uniter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal-Conservative_Party

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol ol' 5head has opinions about things

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Small-town newspaper fights back against the Khans, transcribed from my hometown's weekly newspaper:

quote:

Guest Column: Michael Boren
The Danger of Islam

The Muslim religion (Islam) has always been a deadly danger to Judaism, Christianity and to Western Civilization. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignoring the history of the religious, political and military ideology that has always been spread by the sword - by conquest. The Arabs believe, as the Bible states, that they are descendants of Ishmael, the son of Abraham and his Egyptian concubine, named Hagar. Not all Muslims are Arabs, but nearly all Arabs are Muslims. The future of the Arabs is given concisely in one verse of Genesis, chapter 16, verse 12: "He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility towards all his brothers." This has been so very true for 4,000 years. Wars and fighting and rebellion of different Arabian tribes against other shave been a constant of history.

Indeed, the one fortunate feature for the world, as the darkness of a barbaric seventh-century desert sect seeps out of its arid birthplace, is the fact that the two great branches of Islam, Sunni and Shiite, hate each other, and will kill each other just as quickly as they will kill other "infidels." ISIS, grave danger that it is to all mankind, will never take Baghdad in the failed nation of Iraq, because ISIS is Sunni and 90% of the people of Baghdad are Shiite, and are supported by Iran, the center of Shiism. The Shiites know that only death awaits them from their Sunni "brothers" in ISIS, so they will fight them to the death.

Let us contrast the beginnings of Islam and Christianity. Jesus Christ and Mohammed, the founder of Islam, both had similar experiences as religious leaders. They both were rejected by their home towns when they brought different religious teachings back home. In the 4th chapter of Luke we see how Jesus was rejected by the people of Nazareth, and nearly killed by a mom, but he miraculously escaped. Mohammed had a similar experience some 600 years later when the people of Mecca rejected his new religious views. But the responses of Jesus and Mohammed to such rejection were very different. Jesus continued teaching in other cities and eventually gave his life as a perfect sacrifice for mankind. Mohammed fled to Medina, where he was assisted by a Jewish tribe (which he later exterminated) then eight years later, he returned to Mecca with an army, and killed anyone who would not submit to his new religion.

In the Koran, which is the holy book of Islam, which Mohammed says was given to him by the angel Gabriel, Muslim warriors are urged to follow jihad, which is war against infidels. They are given extra incentive to fight hard, as they are guaranteed to go straight to paradise if they die in jihad. In paradise the men are promised large number (70 or more?) of compliant virgins and all the wine they can drink (This is a religion which does not allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages.)

This is one reason why Islamic warriors (terrorists) are so dangerous. They are happy to blow themselves up in order to hurt and kill as many other people as possible. Don't let anyone deceive you: the concept of jihad has always been part of Islam, AND IT STILL IS. When Muslims blow themselves up, or fly airplanes into buildings, or are killed by law enforcement personnel after horrendous slaughters, they are not just crazy - no - they are following the precepts of their barbaric 7th century religion. And they expect to go straight to paradise.

In my next column I hope to present more of the history of the clash between Islam and the United States. Your homework assignment is to find out why United States Marines are called "Leathernecks," and why the "shores of Tripoli" is a phrase in the Marine Hymn.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bryter posted:

Eh, pigs aren't far behind them. What the Trumps did was hosed up but meat eating is hosed up all around.

Absolutely, thus the reason I haven't eaten any animals since I was seven years old. But elephants are in a much more precarious situation than pigs and those shitheads aren't actually eating the elephant-it's just pointless bloodshed. It's such a blatantly lovely thing to do that it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

I don't know what kind of person could see a beautiful creature like that and think "I'm going to inflict tremendous pain on it and its herd for no reason. gently caress yeah."

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
He's still going lol

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761379144160702464
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761379546994212864
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761379771003666432
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/761380116744339460

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

thethreeman posted:

Trump is uniquely at risk of getting caught in a losing spiral. When swing senate candidates inevitably disavow him to save their necks, he's going to lash back out at them harder than ever

You have any more presidential polls coming up now that today's is out? Need to feed my poll and anecdote habit :drugnerd:

Just some GOP internal stuff targeting the Southwest. In Arizona, a lot of McCain fans are looking to split for Clinton, but a lot of diehard Trump Republicans are actually thinking of voting for Strickland to get McCain out of office. It's weird.

The Trump voters I've been talking to are getting more rabid and mean than in the past too. During the Primaries they were super polite, but now they keep asking me if I'm a "fag Democrat" or "globalist lackey." I'm usually safe dialing under my real name outside the Deep South, but I'm getting called a Kike even in Arizona now so I might need to pseudonym it up for Red States in general until November.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elephanthead posted:

Trump is the most amazing democrat ever make him president.

He's done what no Democrat has managed to do: destroy the Republican Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gret posted:

He's done what no Democrat has managed to do: destroy the Republican Party.

Trump has been more effective than Obama or either Clinton ever was or ever will be. Is it too late for the DNC to nominate?

• Locked thread