Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
http://imgur.com/gallery/VkfEj

"Hey um g-guys m-my friend needs uh money, just ignore he's in court over sexual assault charges :downs:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

puck puck goose posted:

"Hey um g-guys m-my friend needs uh money, just ignore he's in court over sexual assault charges :downs:"

Charged with second and third degree sexual abuse, which as someone pointed out in, is a bit more than groping a titty.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.425

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.415

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh wait, that guy who spat on me and threatened to kill me and my family because I wouldn't let him ride for free on my tram had a family? Well I guess I should've dropped the charges then. How selfish of me.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

puck puck goose posted:

It's super cool that you can get free money from imgurians just by saying your friend raped somebody. Or, rather, that he's a *good guy*, so he couldn't have possibly raped somebody, therefore he is innocent of all charges.

I wonder how different the numbers would be for a woman who needed money to bring her rapist to justice. probably would die in usersub.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

trapped mouse posted:

It's super cool that you can get free money from imgurians just by saying your friend raped somebody. Or, rather, that he's a *good guy*, so he couldn't have possibly raped somebody, therefore he is innocent of all charges.

I wonder how different the numbers would be for a woman who needed money to bring her rapist to justice. probably would die in usersub.

I mean maybe I could grok it if it was a super tight knit community with well-known users that everyone knows and likes, and after months or years one of them says "Um so hey guys, I never thought I'd have to ask this but..."

But I don't get the feeling imgur is any more distincive-user-centric than the Anon chans. Hell, I've been on SA for the better part of a decade and (and I mean this in the most self-deprecating way possible) I am only just now starting to be able to recognize certain individual usernames and link them to personalities in my head.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
poo poo I'm just mad I didn't try that first, what a good scam, he's almost at 1k at the time of his last update.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Ironic check

Jesus christ, when Hillary loving Clinton is consistently handing you your own rear end on social media, you got problems, son

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

I mean maybe I could grok it if it was a super tight knit community with well-known users that everyone knows and likes, and after months or years one of them says "Um so hey guys, I never thought I'd have to ask this but..."

But I don't get the feeling imgur is any more distincive-user-centric than the Anon chans. Hell, I've been on SA for the better part of a decade and (and I mean this in the most self-deprecating way possible) I am only just now starting to be able to recognize certain individual usernames and link them to personalities in my head.

A super tight knit community still has its weird bullshit. I was on a big roleplaying forum a few years ago and it started semi-regularly having bizarre drama after I left. Like two of the users were supposedly an Irish lesbian couple....until someone noticed that all the pictures were taken off an unrelated Myspace account and eventually the story unraveled until it was revealed that two beloved members of the community were actually a single, very sad man.

Or the time when one of the members suffered a breakdown when her character was going to be killed off for inactivity and she threatened to report the forum for ToS violations unless they let her stay alive. If anything, really tight communities can end up with worse drama because everyone knows each other personally and it turns into a soap opera.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I went to the donation page and here are some things posted by well-intentioned rubes:

$150- Anonymous
Good luck. People suck. Not you, obviously. I hope all goes well. I don't know you, you don't know me. But I can help a little and you seem like a good person to pay it forward to.

$10-- Brandon Hoffman
Imgurian helping out a good stranger.

$4- Anonymous
I'm offended that Sean was accused of such horrible acts, considering what a genuine human being he is. Please keep updating to imgur so we can see if and when he gets the jsutice he deserves. I'm only seventeen, and I know it's not much, but i would feel awful not giving what I could. I hope that the mercy of God reaches your beloved friend, as I keep him in my prayers tonight.

$5- Callie Reynolds
Saw this on Imgur - I can't do much but I wanted to donate something. I hope you get to your total.
-cobbycat

$50- Emily Dawes
Whether or not Mr Elder perpetrated this crime he may or may not have been falsely
accused of is not why I am donating. I am donating because every single person in the world deserves fair legal representation, and no innocent child deserves to go hungry through such a time of turmoil.
My best wishes to you Mr Elder, and I sincerely hope for your darling children's sake that you are not guilty of this crime, and are judged as such.

$120- Timmy Braun
My best friend is a massage therapist in school, and my other best bud was falsely accused of rape to cover up that she had a boyfriend and didnt want to own up to cheating after they'd had sex. They're both doing fine and I'm sure he will be too.

$20- Cameron Winget
I know it's not a ton, but I hate hearing about bad things happening to good people. Put this to good use and don't let her get away with it.

Names not censored because they chose to put them out there. I'm sure he'll have more by the end of the day too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk posted:

poo poo I'm just mad I didn't try that first, what a good scam, he's almost at 1k at the time of his last update.

Oh poo poo, this dude was even better at it

https://m.reddit.com/r/shittykickst...ct&compact=true

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
http://imgur.com/gallery/NreZg

And here is the guy's way of backing out of it. Even if this guy had real intentions in his heart to do this, why would you not have more of your poo poo together before soliciting for money from the internet? And then milking it for months?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

RatHat posted:

When you have a destination wedding you probably shouldn't expect any gifts at all tbh.
A few years ago I was at this event some friends were doing, and I overheard them complaining that someone who was volunteering at the event hadn't brought them a gift when they picked her up from the train station. This woman had bought a round trip train ticket, dragged a bunch of displays through the city and onto the train, and rented a motel room so she could be there for both days of the event. Her present to them was that she was there. I've avoided these people ever since, so fortunately they'll probably never send me a wedding invitation.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pot Of Shoe posted:

And here is the guy's way of backing out of it. Even if this guy had real intentions in his heart to do this, why would you not have more of your poo poo together before soliciting for money from the internet? And then milking it for months?

"I have a list of mails from people who donated. Please send me a loving imgur pm of you want your money back because I'm sure as hell not gonna bother using said list to contact you directly to offer your money back."

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
The comments section reveals that 2nd Degree Sexual Assault, in OR, is NON-CONSENSUAL PENETRATION. He is charged with putting his dingus somewhere that it wasn't supposed to go. But look, man, he's got a wife so it's probably just made up.

robotsinmyhead has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Aug 4, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pot Of Shoe posted:

I find the constant use of meme photos to try and argue his point the most baffling part of this.

But yeah, what the gently caress was the guy thinking? He's trying to argue that nothing happened because making a web series is actually really hard, but he ends up making himself look like an idiot instead of a scammer by instead revealing that he had no idea what the gently caress he was doing and just solicited donations before actually doing any work.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

robotsinmyhead posted:

The comments section reveals that 2nd Degree Sexual Assault, in OR, is NON-CONSENSUAL PENETRATION. He is charged with putting his dingus somewhere that it wasn't supposed to go. But look, man, he's got a wife so it's probably just made up.

I mean I'm not defending the guy or anything but based on the link posted earlier it's not specific to penetration with a penis, could have been fingers or an "object" according to the law. There's also a note about "propelling a dangerous substance towards the victim" so no jizzing in their general direction either!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

AOKay posted:

Public post.

Hmmm

Assuming this is your wall, did you let him/her know about a little old person named Anders Brevik?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Imgur and Reddit believe that false rape allegations happen WAY more than actual rape and that actually guys are the ones to be pitied in all of this.Most of them think "because there was a woman that she must be lying like all women do, those bitches, why wont they sleep with me! Im going to give this guy money and fight the system!"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

quote:

Real reason millennial gentleman aren't having sex is because they don't want to be accused of rape (and unrealistic standards thanks Disney)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hihohe posted:

Imgur and Reddit believe that false rape allegations happen WAY more than actual rape and that actually guys are the ones to be pitied in all of this.Most of them think "because there was a woman that she must be lying like all women do, those bitches, why wont they sleep with me! Im going to give this guy money and fight the system!"

Rape is over

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
http://imgur.com/gallery/OfGIC

Hahaha!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Forgall posted:

I bet there are numerous fetish websites proving him wrong.

Neither does Malcolm McDowell.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson claimed “It was under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that changed the rules of engagements that probably cost (soldier Humayun Khan)'s life.” As Khan died in 2004, the internet has been mocking her relentlessly, with a few exceptions.

Sediments. Good times, good times.

Reminder. Last year that woman wore a bullet necklace during some CNN piece and when she got some minor flack for it she doubled down on the edge and said she was going to were dead babies next time. Trump's inner circle is crazy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

puck puck goose posted:

I clicked on the fundraiser link and they don't even disclose that this guy is on trial for being a sex offender. Maybe it's just me, but that seems really dishonest and might break some rules somewhere.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

robotsinmyhead posted:

Wolololololo via Android-3 pts7h
Ya know after 9 months, I don't think it takes that much time to get over the trauma of sexual harassment.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RareAcumen posted:

Ironic check

i wish the green party wasn't so retarded about poo poo like vaccines global warming etc. would be nice to have a real left wing in this country to vote for in elections that weren't throwing the vote to trump.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jill Stein is smart enough to not actually believe in that poo poo, but desperate enough for votes and support that she won't be outright in denouncing them

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jill Stein is smart enough to not actually believe in that poo poo, but desperate enough for votes and support that she won't be outright in denouncing them

Jill Stein isn't smart she just wants attention.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

yeah pretty much

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/759859623784386560/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone make a Fallout mod that changes the drug names to all those magic fruit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Someone make a Fallout mod that changes the drug names to all those magic fruit.

You are suffering from Lime withdrawal.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Radiation storms are just lime storms.

This post just keeps coming up over and over again.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IEfx2

"Gender equality done messed up again"

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

what is even considered a toxin

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

The sad part about that fruit thing is that it was on some public page and on the Asian pear one there was a veteran sincerely asking if it would help with the sterility he got during the Iraq War and it was pretty depressing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know doctors (well, optometrists) that go on juice cleanses and they fully believe in the toxin stuff. You're just starving yourselves.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok i'm throwing pears all around my house to prevent WiFi from giving me cancerrrrrr

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Simsmagic posted:

Have you ever walked down the street and just smelled something weird? Kind of farty but not quite and then it was gone right away? That was a toxin and now its inside you. Eat a pear.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Simsmagic posted:

Not even the people sharing our starting this poo poo can tell you. Try asking "what toxins?" and watch them stumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Simsmagic posted:

You know, chemicals.