Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want that bull head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
JESUS CHRIST

RIP WARHEAD

Minotaur looks like it could fly away if it wanted to

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
minotauro is the best robot ever

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sweet Jesus, Minotaur :dogbutton:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Minotaur is real good.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

BOOM

goes the dynamite

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

minotauro vs bronco is going to be one of my favourite battles

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Want to see how Minotaur survives being flipped

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

A wedge!?!?

My god. The madness

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kloaked00 posted:

A wedge!?!?

My god. The madness

I kinda wanted to see if they'd double suicide with drum on drum action.

Edit: looks like they both still have their drums. nvm

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That was a pretty good match. Really seemed like Hypershock was gonna take it there

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That was a really good match. Too bad the way it ended though :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kloaked00 posted:

That was a pretty good match. Really seemed like Hypershock was gonna take it there

Definitely. Their drive system has a lot more power, but I guess their spinner was weaker and they couldn't get a fatal hit in. I was kinda annoyed that Poison Arrow didn't try to hit the sides when they had the opportunity and instead rammed the backside.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is Razorback gonna suplex another bot?

RIP Rakebot

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rest in peace rake train.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Let's go bombshell!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bombshell has a huge team. it's kinda crazy

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

nice weapon

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

remember when witch doctor lost to this thing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Bombshell was the better bot bot and complete dominated, but the judges have shown to hate wedgebots

Should go to bombshell

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If not for that last hit by Red Devil at the end, I'd think Bombshell had that in the bag, even with a dead weapon. But because of that hit, Red Devil might get those Aggression points.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if red devil literally did anything theyd probably give it to them but they literally didn't do anything

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Come on, why cut to commercial there? There's no suspense because there's no goddamn way in hell that Red Devil won that.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pakled posted:

Come on, why cut to commercial there? There's no suspense because there's no goddamn way in hell that Red Devil won that.

Poison arrow vs mega tentomushi
Razorback vs saw blaze
Chomp vs disco inferno

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I hate commercials

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Tonight was not a good night for me.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009
This show got me to watch live tv for the first time in years.

fml why do people pay for cable this bullshit sucks, at least I'm scraping by with bunny ears.

e: more commercials than fights in past 10 minutes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pakled posted:

Tonight was not a good night for me.

You still have two bots left which isn't the worst thing and you got one point due to it going to decision.

Edit: It's network TV. 60 minutes of TV is actually less than 45 minutes of content but that's how they pay the bills.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont think this exposed wheel lil wedge strat is gonna work against minotauro

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

That flipper is lethal even in reverse :stare:

Minotaur comin

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ahahaha that was amazing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If Bronco can keep its rear end pointed towards Minotaur's spinner it has a shot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Fantasy Battlebots

Results:
Beer4TheBeerGod pulls ahead to 14 with Poison Arrow taking the KO and STILL has all of their bots (but the second half of the round has yet to be decided). Pakled gets a point to go to 12 due to Red Devil going to a decision but has now joined the rest of the League with two bots left. Toadstyle goes to 9 points with Bombshell's decision, but also loses Razorback in the process. They've now sunk to 1 bot remaining, but it's the swiss army Goon-bot, so they might have a chance. I ascend to 7 points with my Bronco victory while DOOP joins me in the 1 bot party and remains at 6. Dongsbot goes up to 5 with their Minotaur victory and is now tied with PBS who had none of their remaining bots participate. Goondolences to SLICK GOKU BABY as they have no bots and 2 points.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

If anyone wants to know what was up with Bombshell take a look at: http://www.chaoscorps.org/bombshell-vs-red-devil-pre-fight-activities-strategy-and-post-fight-analysis/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

They drew so much current that it melted the solder in the wires. Holy poo poo. I love this hobby.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer's Round 2 Predictions

Bronco (Xelkelvos) vs Razorback (Toadstyle)
By all appearance Razorback is a very ruggedly constructed bot. Frankly I think they're going to need all the protection they can get as Bronco is likely to get at least a few hits in that send their bot flying. There isn't much that Razorback will be able to do in response; Bronco's size makes it extremely difficult to grapple and from a judge's perspective seeing Razorback get flung all over the place will be far more enticing. I think this will go down to a judge's decision that ultimately ends in favor of Bronco.

Minotaur (Dongsbot) vs Warhead (DOOP)
Minotaur is simplicity in action. Much like Tombstone the bot is ridiculously well built for a single purpose. I remain convinced that Minotaur is criminally underseeded and there isn't much that Warhead will be able to do in response. While Warhead's slanted sides are certainly less than ideal for a vertical drum, all it takes is a little bit of contact to send Warhead flying. I see this as a KO for Minotaur.

Red Devil (Pakled) vs Bombshell (Toadstyle)
Red Devil and Bombshell are both very cool designs that embrace a desire to take combat robotics outside of the realm of simple spinners. It's hard to know what weapon Bombshell will use, but I wouldn't expect to see the axe or the lifter used. Instead I would expect some kind of high energy weapon that will take advantage of Red Devil's square sides and brutalize it in a manner that Witch Doctor wasn't able to do. Unfortunately Red Devil's design required a significant amount of precision and I just don't see that lucky hit happening twice. KO for Bombshell.

Poison Arrow (Beer) vs HyperShock (Pakled)
I'm excited for this one. Poison Arrow is essentially a more compact version of Toro whereas Hypershock has a really cool design with a lot of capability and features. For me this match is all about positioning and getting that hit in. HyperShock has a less compact design and I would be worried about those wheels. Whoever wins it's going to be brutal. My guess is Poison Arrow by KO.

Called two and would have likely gotten the Bronco fight right had Razorback not landed on its side. Bombshell was a surprise but I learned about reflowing solder so that's cool.

What connections does Bombshell use now? Anderson?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
About that Razorback fight - Always find all of the stable resting points of your robots, 'cause it's gonna happen. A friend posted these on facebook a few weeks ago, and I was reminded of them:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13490865_251596575220212_7806197255222614866_o.jpg
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13528301_251596541886882_8049494533162636379_o.jpg

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Called two and would have likely gotten the Bronco fight right had Razorback not landed on its side. Bombshell was a surprise but I learned about reflowing solder so that's cool.

What connections does Bombshell use now? Anderson?

We'll be switching to Anderson's for next time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MikeNCR posted:

We'll be switching to Anderson's for next time.

You probably already know this, but a miniature zip tie works great to keep the connectors together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You probably already know this, but a miniature zip tie works great to keep the connectors together.

I tend to wrap connections with electrical tape. The failure was the wire itself detaching, not the connector, so that wouldn't have made the difference. We did end up using zip ties as part of our wire stress relief method to fix the issue.

• Locked thread