Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

The Endbringer posted:

That was cool but no POKOPOKOPIKOTAN

edit: Also, K is for Knell from the ABCs of Death 2 anthology is pretty rad.

Man, that was an hour down a strange YouTube trail. That nana guy is bizarre. 9 years of weird creepy art and.. ants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
An odd image...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there a "greatest hits" sort of thing with the ABC's of death? I've seen some of them and it was pretty hit or miss.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it:
https://youtu.be/lHXgNn18z90

Begotten is a modern masterpiece.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

^ Oh man, I forgot about that video. And yeah, the ABCs of Death definitely vary in quality.

Crossposting from the PYF unnerving article thread:

FourLeaf posted:

http://imgur.com/a/UA90S (because I can't figure out how to directly put imgur posts on the forums anymore)

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

FourLeaf posted:

Ihttp://imgur.com/a/UA90S (because I can't figure out how to directly put imgur posts on the forums anymore)

This gave me quite the creeps, and while looking on google for the other images I found this:

Kind of a let down, it's not nearly as disturbing as the one on the toy.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
If I was The Penguin's daughter, I'd probably be into cutting as well.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Croisquessein posted:

This gave me quite the creeps, and while looking on google for the other images I found this:

Reminds me of my first girlfriend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Croisquessein posted:

This is why I don't Masquerade RP.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

:vince:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

If I was The Penguin's daughter, I'd probably be into cutting as well.

Good

Aleph Null posted:

Reminds me of my first girlfriend.

Better

Inzombiac posted:

:five:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I think fleshlight has finally crossed into the Uncanny Valley.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DandyLion posted:

I think fleshlight has finally crossed into the Uncanny Valley.

That looks so much like a regular vagina that it becomes unnerving to you?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Solice Kirsk posted:

:thejoke:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

There's something out there wanking for us, and it ain't no man

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:doh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/UoGMTRB.mp4

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is it creepy because the food is alive or what? Looks the same as most cartoons of that era.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's creepy to beat your meat for Minnie Mouse

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

RJWaters2 posted:

It's creepy to beat your meat for Minnie Mouse

Look, it's not like he didn't have the courtesy to pay her first.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Its creepy because Mickey is living a "Predestination"-esque life, judging from that picture

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Man, that thing is gonna give some fishing rednecks a heart attack. Or it's gonna get shot up.

Either way, can you imagine toodling along to do some fishing and see that?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Free Market Mambo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-pj8OtyO2I

This House Has People in It reminds e a bit of the Local 58 videos, definitely slow-burning creepy.

Am I the only one who's bothered by the misspelling of "birthday"?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Am I the only one who's bothered by the misspelling of "birthday"?

There is like 2 more hours of video and other content which goes on to sort of explain what is going on in that, including the misspelling. It's setup as a puzzle you can find and sift through if you follow clues in the video, or you can just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjBTAnCUbZc

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Space Skeleton posted:

There is like 2 more hours of video and other content which goes on to sort of explain what is going on in that, including the misspelling. It's setup as a puzzle you can find and sift through if you follow clues in the video, or you can just watch this:

You know, I didn't even realize it was a puzzle until I saw the "explanation" video on the sidebar. I had half an eye on it while I was at work and just thought it was a creepy video. I loving love puzzles--when I have some time I'll sit down and dig through it. Thanks!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Maggie Fletcher posted:

You know, I didn't even realize it was a puzzle until I saw the "explanation" video on the sidebar. I had half an eye on it while I was at work and just thought it was a creepy video. I loving love puzzles--when I have some time I'll sit down and dig through it. Thanks!

If that's your jam, there is also a similar (less complex) puzzle video by the same people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

One of the writers, Alan Resnick, is also the creator of the youtube channel alantutorial, which is tailor made to weird you out, bum you out, and creep you out.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Space Skeleton posted:

Huh, I didn't know that it was a puzzle, but I do know that this guy doing the explanation is a loving idiot who thinks antidepressants cause spree killings.

This House Has People In It is a nicely creepy video in and of itself though, that is for sure.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

MissEchelon posted:

Huh, I didn't know that it was a puzzle, but I do know that this guy doing the explanation is a loving idiot who thinks antidepressants cause spree killings.

This House Has People In It is a nicely creepy video in and of itself though, that is for sure.

Are you referencing his video about Unedited Footage of a Bear? He very specifically talks about "antidepressant support medications that act as multipliers and accelerators", and he also very specifically talks about "drug abuse" in that video.

And More has a new favorite as of 11:28 on Aug 20, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And More posted:

If that's your jam, there is also a similar (less complex) puzzle video by the same people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

One of the writers, Alan Resnick, is also the creator of the youtube channel alantutorial, which is tailor made to weird you out, bum you out, and creep you out.

This was garbage. It's a shame the idea didn't come to more talented people because it could have been a ton better. Maybe "garbage" is harsh though. It's just a good idea wasted.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

This was garbage. It's a shame the idea didn't come to more talented people because it could have been a ton better. Maybe "garbage" is harsh though. It's just a good idea wasted.

Yeah, not so good.

It's funny that the explainer guy compares this to David Lynch.

I can't image a Lynch movie where we need an explainer that is four times as long as the film, and considers "three film stills"

If you have to examine it frame by frame, and clues are in just a couple frames, of a 15 minute film, gently caress that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Slammy posted:

Yeah, not so good.

It's funny that the explainer guy compares this to David Lynch.

I can't image a Lynch movie where we need an explainer that is four times as long as the film, and considers "three film stills"

If you have to examine it frame by frame, and clues are in just a couple frames, of a 15 minute film, gently caress that.

It is basically a really drawn out version of that one scene from Fire Walk With Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dNwFVk68PI

Gotta say, though, that Night Mind dude over-explains this stuff way too much. It's not that complex.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Night Mind can go off the rails sometimes, and not in a good way. I skipped around in that longass explaination video for everymanhybrid, and they were on a solid ten or so minutes about how the fictional universe of EMH intersects with ours and holy gently caress duuuude that's so spooky and wild!! It was pretty unnecessary. Same goes for the bit where they keep reiterating how many hours of footage is involved with the 'This house has people in it' video. Not to mention they're kind of racist.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Night Mind guy is somewhat up his own rear end, he's a huge fan of Marble Hornets and went on about how great their current project is. I watched some of it and it was pretty "eh".

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
His "This House Has People In It" video is either cribbing hard-core from the trope page on TV Tropes or they've cribbed from him. I'm inclined to go for the former knowing how autistic troopers can be.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
I seem to remember he did a review of the Marble Hornets film someone made a while back and was so affronted by it because it wasn't the "proper" marble hornets slenderman and they got the lore wrong or something. I also seem to remember one part in the everyman hybrid video series where he tells you to go watch the video he's going to be gushing about for the next 20 minutes on the everyman hybrid main channel, and then just puts the entire video you just watched into his. What the hell is the point in sending me to watch someone else's video if you're just going to have it in it's entirety five seconds later in your own? Plus the videos he linked to weren't even that good and they were supposed to be some of their best work? Nicely done, really selling us on this series nightmind

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, you people really need to simmer the gently caress down about Nightmind.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wedemeyer posted:

Night Mind can go off the rails sometimes, and not in a good way. I skipped around in that longass explaination video for everymanhybrid, and they were on a solid ten or so minutes about how the fictional universe of EMH intersects with ours and holy gently caress duuuude that's so spooky and wild!! It was pretty unnecessary. Same goes for the bit where they keep reiterating how many hours of footage is involved with the 'This house has people in it' video. Not to mention they're kind of racist.

Yeah, I'd never heard of him before and watched the whole "This House" video today. He spends way too much time talking about "horse apples" despite them having pretty much a second's connection, and not even in the main video. I mean, I guess I also understand the whole clay eating thing as also being a holistic medicine approach, but still, he's grasping at straws sometimes. Is there anyone that has a better breakdown out there?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

That man is clipping into his own geometry. What the gently caress, how did this pass QA?