Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I didn't even realize envy had a rapier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Digital cTrash too good

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The secret is they're loving terrible at Dota 2.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
DC wins The International

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lmao get hosed secret, see ya when you fail out of round one of the lower bracket

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Majuju posted:

stop picking morphling you should've just picked CK again

WRONG!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
loving waterman I am so sorry I ever doubted you

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Cabbit posted:

The secret is they're loving terrible at Dota 2.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Imagine if Secret was able to live with their post-TI offlaners. Just imagine.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol too ez for RTZ

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
0-10 2difficult4rtz

This is the best day of Dota in the three years I've watched.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

secret just flunk out of the tournament, your throwing skills are needed in rio for various field events

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
They have to play newbee and liquid tomorrow rofl

0-10 inbound

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
What's Mirana's win rate in the group stages, she seems like a trap hero to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju posted:

secret just flunk out of the tournament, your throwing skills are needed in rio for various field events

interesting fact: Team Secret is one of the few things in the world that could actually make the water in Rio more toxic

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

ZionestLord posted:

56% right now

e: batrider the real trap, most-picked but 45% winrate

meanwhile elder titan 77% winrate in 22 picks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
6-0 EHOME and 0-6 Secret

Today is good

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZionestLord posted:

I saw her win plenty of games. EE didn't even play bad on her, in fact I'd say he was doing more work than most of his team. They just ended up playing terribly sloppily. RTZ was definitely on full tilt, his chronos were complete garbage in the later half of the game.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

interesting fact: Team Secret is one of the few things in the world that could actually make the water in Rio more toxic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3uOMCfopR8

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

cerious posted:

They have to play newbee and liquid tomorrow rofl

(Context: Liquid had just beaten the "four champs and RTZ" EG and while everybody else celebrated Kuro stared across the stage at the EG booth and basked in the satisfaction that he was indeed right.)

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Day 2 standings. If you swapped TNC with Na'vi and DC with MVP, it would literally be my top 8.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I saw her win plenty of games. EE didn't even play bad on her, in fact I'd say he was doing more work than most of his team. They just ended up playing terribly sloppily. RTZ was definitely on full tilt, his chronos were complete garbage in the later half of the game.

He played well but his item build was kind of weird, most people have been doing eblade into dagon and he went shivas butterfly for some reason.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Biggest surprise is definitely TnC gaming getting swole.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

IncendiaC posted:

Day 2 standings. If you swapped TNC with Na'vi and DC with MVP, it would literally be my top 8.

lol if you still root for poo poo'vi

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

IncendiaC posted:

Which poor bastards did Escape take a game off of?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Majuju posted:

56% right now

Where are your numbers from because http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/4664/picks?date=week has those close but a little off

UNPICKED: Arc Warden, Bloodseeker, Centuar, Gyro, Jakiro, Leshrac, Lina, OD, Omni (banned once), Necrophos (banned once), Sniper, Spectre, Techies, Treant, Visage

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Which poor bastards did Escape take a game off of?

Nanomashoes posted:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

loving of course, I should have known.

Can Dendi just retire or find a good team or something? What loving crime has he committed that he's still shackled to that albatross?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Holy moly Secret. I've been driving for 7 hours and take a break to see they're getting blown out lmao. I am done with my hopes for this team. Blow it up Kemal.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

schmitty9800 posted:

Where are your numbers from because http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/4664/picks?date=week has those close but a little off

UNPICKED: Arc Warden, Bloodseeker, Centuar, Gyro, Jakiro, Leshrac, Lina, OD, Omni (banned once), Necrophos (banned once), Sniper, Spectre, Techies, Treant, Visage

Ahh, I was using this one http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/124/heroes which may be where the discrepancy lies.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Majuju posted:

Ahh, I was using this one http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/124/heroes which may be where the discrepancy lies.

Yeah I think the link I had includes the wildcards, as whichever heroes Swindlez mashed his greasy face over might not be relevant to the tournament meta.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

In my defense, they looked kinda decent leading up to TI. Also lol if you think I'm rooting for escape, alliance, or the purse-snatcher

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why on earth was Necrophos banned? Just a team not wanting to ban anything in particular?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if people saw it or not but Valve had Slacks and Pyrion do a video and its great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWn2ipeftqo

my favorite part is how Slacks can't stop grinning his rear end off the entire time

e;

Craptacular! posted:

(Context: Liquid had just beaten the "four champs and RTZ" EG and while everybody else celebrated Kuro stared across the stage at the EG booth and basked in the satisfaction that he was indeed right.)

Holy poo poo I need to find the twitch vod for this because I need to see that loving chat

Why Anything
Apr 15, 2006
Because everything. Obviously.
What games from yesterday would people recommend watching?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why Anything posted:

What games from yesterday would people recommend watching?

Anything with EHOME

Anything with Secret.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Majuju posted:

56% right now

Nyx at 14 picks/78.5% winrate and Kunkka at 17/76% are pretty impressie as well. Ursa is at 80%, but with only 10 games.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Cabbit posted:

Can Dendi just retire or find a good team or something? What loving crime has he committed that he's still shackled to that albatross?

It's more of a random loss. It happens. TI4 Navi was a poo poo team coming apart at the seams, but also managed to beat the Vici deathball BO1 that claimed everybody except EG and C9. Sometimes you get caught with your pants down against a much worse team.

Luna Was Here posted:

Holy poo poo I need to find the twitch vod for this because I need to see that loving chat

Shanghai was too long ago but you can enjoy the Reddit thread it spawned. There's a lot of jokes about "lost in the trees" because this was the tournament where PPD drafted Sven frequently to steamroll everyone, so Kuro kept picking Furion and trapping RTZ in Sprout, forcing him to either waste a slot on a goddamn Quelling Blade instead of a good lategame item, or forever be isolated and erased from teamfights. (He chose the latter.)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 5, 2016

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I very strongly disagree with the Dendi hate and confusion. I think that he's just a franchise player who is loyal to the brand because they took care of him for most of his life and pay him very well.

His performance at The International is nowhere near as important as his cultural influence and popularity in the community. Especially in the non-English communities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Love Stole the Day posted:

I very strongly disagree with the Dendi hate and confusion. I think that he's just a franchise player who is loyal to the brand because they took care of him for most of his life and pay him very well.

His performance at The International is nowhere near as important as his cultural influence and popularity in the community. Especially in the non-English communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21IkGDf_zi0
Reminder

• Locked thread