Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I badly need to get off my rear end and figure out how to fit the gym into my schedule. I'm 6' and 240 right now.

*wahoo! Next page = me complaining about how fat I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This thread makes me feel far better about having a couple of beers after work. 162lbs at 6'1 :parrot:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

the spyder posted:

I badly need to get off my rear end and figure out how to fit the gym into my schedule. I'm 6' and 240 right now.

I'm 6' 230 right now, so right there with you.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

This thread makes me feel far better about having a couple of beers after work. 162lbs at 6'1 :parrot:

Step that poo poo up to more than a couple and you'll be right there with us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 5'8" and have been as heavy as 230. I was on a supplement program when I dropped so much weight. It's going to be a battle to get there again.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

the spyder posted:

The only way I've been able to stick with the gym and having it fit my schedule is doing it before work. Had to bump up bedtime or take naps to offset but it's been worth it.

More people in this thread around my height than I thought there would be. 5'6" manlet slowly putting on weight

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

6' tall and 200 lb right on the nose, and I am pretty lean too; starting about a year ago I began cutting out all the extraneous stuff in my diet. No more pop or juice (which these days is arguably worse for sugar content than pop), cut my booze consumption in half (and doubled the cost of the stuff I drank - best decision ever) and started eating more fruits, vegetables and lean protein combined with almost no fried or processed food. The result is pretty profound actually, even for someone who was already in pretty good shape before I began the process.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
So far I'm heavier than anyone in this thread, but I'm okay with it. Once the school year picks up and my financial stresses drop off, I'm hitting up the gym down the street from my school.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hearing how short you guys are explains a lot of the attitude in here :v:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm 6'1 in shoes and 166 lbs - I eat pretty well but drink too much. Since I'm a cyclist I'd like to drop to 150; I used weigh that (and less) and was a great climber. Alternatively lowing my body fat % would be fine too, I don't really care what my weight number is as long as I have the power to balance it out on climbs.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

6'5" and a svelte 350 pounds here. :v:

I was lifting weights and losing weight for a while, got down to 260 from my previous max of 295, but the depression that had been pushed away by the exercise endorphins finally came back with a vengeance and I fell off the wagon, gained back all the weight plus 1.5x more.

Turns out I gotta get my brain working before it can make my muscles do things! Who knew?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm probably gonna sweat 10 pounds off before the end of next week.

Top floor apartment: never again. Especially poorly maintained top floor apartments. I'm gonna have to pick up a window unit for my bedroom so I can at least sleep in semi comfort.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Guess who got a bill in the mail for Frontier FiOS?

:fuckoff:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I now get why people hate millennials. I think this officially makes me old but I don't care.

Sitting at dinner with my almost-4-year-old, a couple of college age kids sit in the booth directly behind us. After ten minutes of them reading off all of their hilarious Pokémon names like "Gloopy gently caress" and calling the girl who brought them food a "dumb ho", I told them to shut the hell up. Response?

"Why are you using harsh language?"

I think the last time I wanted to cause someone such severe physical harm was back in high school when some shithead with pretty much the exact same flippant attitude decided that he needed to ride in the bed of my truck. Wouldn't listen to me saying no until I gave it a few quick stabs of gas and brake.

Country is doomed, terrorists win.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
As a millennial, yes we are the worst.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

IOwnCalculus posted:

I now get why people hate millennials. I think this officially makes me old but I don't care.

I think it was in university hanging out with music department students who genuinely had zero self-accountability, respect for anybody's personal property or idea what self control was when I played "Rock and Roll McDonalds" and they all stared at me like I had just decapitated a newborn kitten that realized that there was a huge cultural divide between myself and other people of my generation (aka Millenials)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sitting at dinner with my almost-4-year-old, a couple of college age kids sit in the booth directly behind us. After ten minutes of them reading off all of their hilarious Pokémon names like "Gloopy gently caress" and calling the girl who brought them food a "dumb ho", I told them to shut the hell up. Response?

I think the last time I wanted to cause someone such severe physical harm was back in high school when some shithead with pretty much the exact same flippant attitude decided that he needed to ride in the bed of my truck. Wouldn't listen to me saying no until I gave it a few quick stabs of gas and brake.

Not much worse than listening to a bunch of baby boomers talking about "That dumb bitch that brought our food" and discussing their fantasies for shooting blacks.

That was a really weird business lunch...

But yeah, there are a lot of lovely millenials.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Not much worse than listening to a bunch of baby boomers talking about "That dumb bitch that brought our food" and discussing their fantasies for shooting blacks.

That was a really weird business lunch...

But yeah, there are a lot of lovely millenials.

That's pretty terrible too, goddamn.

I still refuse to be associated with millenials. Oregon Trail generation, goddamnit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Last time I kicked some high school kids off our property at work they wanted to use foul language with me, so I used it right back. The next day one of the parents came to complain to management that I was using harsh language with their fragile children (teenagers) and refused to believe their little angels started in with it and would never do such a thing :rolleyes:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MrChips posted:

cut my booze consumption in half (and doubled the cost of the stuff I drank - best decision ever).

I did this same method but applied it to ice cream with the same conclusion.

I don't drink alcohol at all so I've got that going for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yup, looks like i broke one of the super thing factory welds. Of course this happens when I get motivated to work out again.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Yup, looks like i broke one of the super thing factory welds. Of course this happens when I get motivated to work out again.

Hope this doesn't kill your motivation.

Yeah, I am a millennial and can admit we suck. Girlfriends sister was complaining about how she was trying to get her internet bill reduced. She said the retention lady was rude and claimed that she deserved her rate lowered back to her promo rate because she was a good customer and paid her bills on time. Gee, I wonder why they might've been rude to you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Hope this doesn't kill your motivation.

I'll need to figure something out. Running is hell on my feet which is why I bought this thing to begin with. I have an idea on how to maybe stabilize it a bit, we'll see if I can make it work on Sunday.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

No different to the older cunts, no different from the cunts close to my age, no different from younger cunts - People are just straight out cunts no matter the generation. And to be honest, the Boomers have done far more to utterly gently caress everyone else so a few rear end in a top hat Millenials don't bother me.

And to be honest, I tend to find Boomers much more offensive and rude with far shittier attitudes. Certainly, I haven't wanted to skullfuck a Millenial to death for spectacularly racist comments. Yet.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I haven't wanted to skullfuck a Millenial to death... yet

September chat thread title spotted.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
People of all ages and races are loving pricks. gently caress all of them. Especially Boomers, but especially Millennials.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's pretty terrible too, goddamn.

I still refuse to be associated with millenials. Oregon Trail generation, goddamnit.

I'm an early millennial, class of 2000 and I feel like gen x fits better

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Sitting round the campfire at Road America for the Weathertech IMSA whatever series, drinking some beers and listening to AvE vijeos on the YouTube's after having tacos in the rain. Tomorrow I get to be woken up by loud rear end race cars, our campsites are right on the outside of turn 3 where they hammer it down the middle straight :coolfish:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So it looks like I did crack a weld on this thing.

Hopefully I can find somebody locally to reweld this sucker for cheap.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Maybe you should just relax you mental autist

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Let's all be ageist and denounce a group of people based on stereotypes and anecdotal evidence :waycool:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Let's all be ageist and denounce a group of people based on stereotypes and anecdotal evidence :waycool:

Hell yeah.

loving boomers, you paid $500 for a running 68 charger, quit trying to get $15k for a rusted out shell :argh:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

6' dead, 32 as of last week and 84kg/185lb. Havent changed weight in about 5 years now and I drink way too much and eat like poo poo too.

Probably all down to the 100% outdoor job I work I suspect...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

In a show of good faith wrt book chat I have downloaded and begun to read The Long Earth

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

5'11 and 90kg / 200lbs, unfortunately a noticeable part of it centered on my gut. Cut out all sweet soda and candy a few months back and started walking which has at least stopped me from getting winded just from the three flights of stairs at work, but I think I need to start taking advice from YLLS.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Collateral Damage posted:

5'11 and 90kg / 200lbs, unfortunately a noticeable part of it centered on my gut. Cut out all sweet soda and candy a few months back and started walking which has at least stopped me from getting winded just from the three flights of stairs at work, but I think I need to start taking advice from YLLS.

There's enough fit buggers right here who will be happy to help and cheer you on. Get a bike :D

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'm at the other end of the spectrum, 6'1" and had somehow crept down to 135-140lbs when I switched jobs over a year ago and became less active. Didn't really notice it until the wife pointed it out. Started tracking calories and yeah, definitely thought I was eating more than I was.

Upped the calories and doing weight training 3 days a week a few weeks ago, up to 143lbs as of this morning. Trying to gain mostly lean muscle.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
6' 7", 200 pounds, trying to bulk up but I can't afford the extra calories per day.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

the spyder posted:

:same:

About a year ago I got transferred from an office in a walkable urban area to a suburban office where I have to drive to get lunch, coffee, etc., and while I haven't gained much weight I've definitely gotten (even more) out of shape. I've been eating better/less lately so hopefully I'll see some positive results from that. In the meantime I'm embracing my bearishness. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm more worried about my teeth than my weight.

Dental Insurance barely covers anything, its ridiculous.

• Locked thread