Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Moon isn't very good at securing objectives.

E: Welp, that's probably the game.

E2: Aaand, TLA is out.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Schiavona posted:

Is Piglet on TLA so Steve can try to sell an LCS spot for a million dollars or is he not a good player this season, I haven't watched at all

Piglet has been fine, and he's way better than Fabbbyyyyy. He's on TLA because the team can't figure out how to distribute gold and it was their solution to put more on Dardoch.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

you still can't convince me moon and hard are two different people

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I love Stunt's profile photo with that stupid smile

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Piglet has been fine, and he's way better than Fabbbyyyyy. He's on TLA because the team can't figure out how to distribute gold and it was their solution to put more on Dardoch.

Also the fact that there is personality clash with Piglet/Dardoch/Loco if they all in the same team. Piglet and Dardoch have bad attitude. Well atleast Lourlo has looked decent since Piglet left. Their win condition is basically Dardoch snowballing or Fenix carrying teamfights late game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIyIUHgHVg

This show is the best idea anyones ever had

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jerkface posted:

"Even CLG fans don't like CLG, let's be real"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Can't loving believe I watched this and furthermore that Roccat ended up winning the series in spite of this.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jerkface posted:

the dynamic of this show where scarra tries desperately to make qtpie say something serious is just the best thing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

qt defending him and kiwi as a top three bot lane

scarra: didn't you go 0-4 in lane when you duoed with him last time
qtpie: yeah but thats because he wouldnt get on fuckin teamspeak, and we faced a really good bot lane. solo queue. a real good solo queue bot lane

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

YancyQ posted:

Keith will forever be Piglet's white whale

Keith always plays better when Piglet's career is on the line.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Jerkface posted:

wait this is a serial thing? thanks obama

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me i think all you have to look at is the stats to prove how much better keith is. for instance when echo fox win, keith has good numbers, but when they lose, his stats look bad. so its obvious that keith is the guy who dictates whether the team wins or loses. whereas piglet had some good numbers in a defeat, which means he just can't will his team to win. he doesnt just win games. and thats why Keith.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sofm is playing jungle malzahar right now fyi

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Piglet is totally hosed over because bot lane meta is just baby bitch utility carries right now. They should have just said gently caress it and put him on hard carrying late game poo poo every single game. His Twitch game was beautiful.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Wow, apparently Kuro played mid lane Pantheon in game one of Afreeca vs Rox.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Libertine posted:

Piglet is totally hosed over because bot lane meta is just baby bitch utility carries right now. They should have just said gently caress it and put him on hard carrying late game poo poo every single game. His Twitch game was beautiful.

It also didnt help that the game they decided to ban Sivir so Piglet could go off, Froggen's Vlad made TLA commit to 3 mid bans for the rest of the series.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Tigers qualified for Worlds as the first team. Hope they can win the whole thing this year.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Savage Cracker posted:

Tigers qualified for Worlds as the first team. Hope they can win the whole thing this year.

ROX is dumb good, but I do not think they will win worlds.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

ROX is dumb good, but I do not think they will win worlds.

Yeah I'm sticking to hoping. If SKT fix their jungle issues they'll probably bulldoze the whole thing again.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol SKT is falling apart.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

lol SKT is falling apart.

Kashuno posted:

SKT doesn't have to care about the Longzhu game. They can take this time to take things lightly and get a break while not actually on break.

Hopefully :ohdear:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I am an SKT fan and totally believe they can turn it around in playoffs, but still, that was really bad!

Good for Longzhu though. They looked good, especially Crash.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Every split I'm like "this is the one Longzhu gets it. This is the one it clicks," and have been let down. This split they would've been so good if they got this going like 3 weeks earlier :smith:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IM will always be a gatekeeper team no matter who they have. They basically run a team of the 8th best player at every position in the league every year and finish about 8th.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Also wtf is piglet doing on TLA because he looked about ten times better than every other player on that team yesterday.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Who's ready to see Origen get knocked out of the LCS?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Who's ready to see Origen get knocked out of the LCS?

i'll be sad for soaz and peke but amazing can get absolutely hosed yeah

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Origen are bad but I don't think they could ever really be bad enough to lose in relegations. I feel like they are going to sweep this series even though I wish they didn't.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Ignar's Ruby Thresh doesn't have a single complete item and Hybrid's Eyestone Karma is sitting at 45% CDR and almost full build. LIke, I don't get it in terms of pro priority on these items. 20% Item CDR doesn't matter if you don't finish any active items to reduce via the Ruby stone.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
If EU challenger couldn't get rid of Giants or Roccats last split, they aren't going to get rid of OG this split.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people had high hopes for misfits because they have meme players but the gap in macro skill (presumably) is still a bit too large for most teams to really overcome unless the org has a lot of staff analyzing games and they're also able to get scrims with some LCS teams that really bomb hard that year since it seems like otherwise no CS team is able to learn it well.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

Ignar's Ruby Thresh doesn't have a single complete item and Hybrid's Eyestone Karma is sitting at 45% CDR and almost full build. LIke, I don't get it in terms of pro priority on these items. 20% Item CDR doesn't matter if you don't finish any active items to reduce via the Ruby stone.

It's definitely up there with blue smite+sightstone Rek'sai

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

It's definitely up there with blue smite+sightstone Rek'sai

gently caress it's here again. This time it's machete, blue sightstone, tiamat Rek'Sai. What the loving poo poo.

e: add in a mini-sunfire cape. 4 incomplete items at 15 minutes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
origin are loving bad

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

gently caress it's here again. This time it's machete, blue sightstone, tiamat Rek'Sai. What the loving poo poo.

e: add in a mini-sunfire cape. 4 incomplete items at 15 minutes.

now tiamat

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Has piglet challenged keith to a knife fight to the death yet or is he waiting until worlds?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

now tiamat

The Tiamat inexplicably came first and then the mini-Sunfire. This Rek'Sai is ready to do a really lovely job of warding and split-pushing with zero durability, just what you need in a pro game with your job on the line.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Has piglet challenged keith to a knife fight to the death yet or is he waiting until worlds?

since neither of them are gonna be at worlds he might be waiting a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hehe that was amazing

• Locked thread