Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Somewhere on the other side of the country from me, Artour Babeav slumbers in a hotel room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
lmao i went to bed yesterday here in euroland, i wake up and somehow secret lost everything. any games (secret or otherwise) i need to watch?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

Nyx at 14 picks/78.5% winrate and Kunkka at 17/76% are pretty impressie as well. Ursa is at 80%, but with only 10 games.

imagine kunkka's winrate if not for puppey lol

e. its very funny that secret might very well not have won a single map if not for them huskaring their opening day to the top

Radical fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

botany posted:

lmao i went to bed yesterday here in euroland, i wake up and somehow secret lost everything. any games (secret or otherwise) i need to watch?

Watch all Secret's games.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Puppey sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

botany posted:

DC 2-0'd Newbee in like 35 minutes.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Good to know that Secret can't win without huskar cheesing

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://gfycat.com/BabyishSandyAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
So far, Arteezy has a 0% winrate on heroes that are not huskar.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kainser posted:

Good to know that Secret can't win without huskar cheesing

In fairness, it's still not sure they can win WITH Huskar cheesing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Arteezy has been playing well this tournament but Puppey has just been drafting them into a corner that they lose the game at the pick screen. Seriously needs to stop picking Kunkka that poo poo just is not working.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Questionable PPY drafts and standard EE baffling plays.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Also EE playing utility scaling heroes (e.g DP, Slardar, Bat)? He's always been better (and had most success) on hard carries. Then again, drow did fail, but thats just one game.

How did the original Speedgaming EE+RTZ combo work?

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
It's really frustrating that EE can be good when he just sits down, shuts up, and farms on a good farming hero, but instead he just has to be ~~next level~~ in literally everything he does

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
I just like that the way the standings are now, the top 2 teams in Group A would have to face either Liquid or Newbee in the first round of the UB

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm taking a lot of pleasure in this Secret performance given the whole kicking W33ha and Misery after you won a goddamn major thing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It also conveniently reinforces my belief that Bulba is dota cancer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bulba won a TI though

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

I'm taking a lot of pleasure in this Secret performance given the whole kicking W33ha and Misery after you won a goddamn major thing.

W33 and Misery with DC poopin' on secret 2-0 was definitely satisfying. And a 15-year-old poopin' on swindlemelonzz, and EG poopin' on their group, and Newbee gettin pooped on in 29 and 15 minute games....

This Electronic Sports Tournament, it is a Good Electronic Sports Tournament and we're not even at the main event yet.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

El Golden Goose posted:

W33 and Misery with DC poopin' on secret 2-0 was definitely satisfying. And a 15-year-old poopin' on swindlemelonzz, and EG poopin' on their group, and Newbee gettin pooped on in 29 and 15 minute games....

This Electronic Sports Tournament, it is a Good Electronic Sports Tournament and we're not even at the main event yet.

It feels like Group A has had far less crazy poo poo going on that B, unless you count TNC turning out to be actually quite good.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

It feels like Group A has had far less crazy poo poo going on that B, unless you count TNC turning out to be actually quite good.

Well you have that, you have the Alliance lv1 rosh play, and uh... Na'Vi not being back and LGD being poop? That's all I can think of.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

mikeraskol posted:

Win Major -> Kick someone for Arteezy has happened not once, but twice. I'm still trying to puzzle out why exactly.

lurksion posted:

Also EE playing utility scaling heroes (e.g DP, Slardar, Bat)? He's always been better (and had most success) on hard carries. Then again, drow did fail, but thats just one game.

How did the original Speedgaming EE+RTZ combo work?

Hopefully someone with more insight will chime in but EE was playing the safe lane position and Arteezy was mid. I think the main things that were different is that Arteezy was still a pubstar and the scene wasn't what it is today with your Miracles and your Sumails and your w33s. Pool's got a whole lot more sharks nowadays.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 5, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm really interested in seeing EHOME and DC go head to head now.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/NoxvilleZA/status/761593101659938817

Secret literally worse than a team already eliminated from TI6

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

What the gently caress is "Trueskill"?

Edit: Turns out it's easily found on google. Lol Secret suck etc. etc.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Mainwaring posted:

What the gently caress is "Trueskill"?

elo with a different ranking algorithm

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"TrueSkill is a Bayesian ranking algorithm developed by Microsoft Research and used in the Xbox matchmaking system built to address some perceived flaws in the Elo rating system. "

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lemme see the 2-0 jimmy

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

god I took my loving general card off my roster for today whyyyy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can loving hear Tobi screaming from his room on the other streams.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Lmao what is kuku doing

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
moooooooooooooooon :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Wings got 2-0'd by this????

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Na'Vi pooping on Wings is cool and good, what are other cool and good matchups going on right now?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So I am an incredibly non-serious DoTA viewer (not even player, really), who is only really watching Stream 1 rather then jumping around to find the best games, but as I'm watching this Wings/Navi thing I'm starting to wonder why Huskar wasn't banned here or whatever. From what the casters have said both this tournament and the last one I remember, Huskar is still really good, and I haven't seen a team with him lose yet; though I may have missed it.

I know what he does and I get that he's strong, but what are appropriate counters for him, or, failing that, why would people leave him up at all to let him be taken when the end result always seems to be him destroying everything.

Like I said I'm supremely uninformed so I"m not like trying to go 'man I'm so smarter then these pro dota players', but rather I'm trying to understand their choices to learn a bit more about what I'm watching.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Wings got 2-0'd by this????

they're about to lose a game to navi too

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
loving huskar man

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
China falling apart to unrelenting aggression from CIS supermen

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

15:22 GG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
That was great. Worst stomp ti6?

• Locked thread