Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till 2042 so I can finally see what the Steel Ball Run OPs are like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

His accessories are a sound plate, pic below, Stray Cat with a plant pot (and you can put him in KQ's belly, and a bunch of hands.

"interchangable figure" hands or "kira gf" hands

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only KQ hands, but I guess you can use any other spares as "gf" ones.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Going off anime thread, i always thought that introducing two characters immediately before they are killed off was really sloppy from a pacing perspective, but if they move Cinderella to next week then that means quiet life and SHA are right next to each other which seems to ruin the pacing even more. If they are going to move stuff around they should have moved some filler arcs to space it out a bit, like moving Ratt later or moving Harvest and Cinderella earlier.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah. It definitely seems like it'd either make more sense to have fiddled with the schedule further, or just leave it alone. Immediately finding Kira after he kills Shigechi kind of blows, and I prefer the pacing of new character dies over losing that downtime between in which Kira is still chasing hands. At least with the new characters almost immediately dying, you can chalk that up to it being a result of getting mixed up with the Joestars. Kira needs to believably be able to have a quiet life.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's Cinderella next.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh god

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad change imo.
Better to have a gap between Shigechi dying and them taking a little while to find Kira.

Kira appears in the Diamond in the ED now and I think Stray Cat cameos. This ep is a bit quality.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bad change imo.
Better to have a gap between Shigechi dying and them taking a little while to find Kira.

At least it's a one parter?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Boooooooo. At least we're gonna have a straight month, at least, of Kira.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Uuuuuuuuuugh. At least it seems to be a one parter? That's odd, but okay

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wanted to see my cool friend Killer Queen next week gently caress you david you ruined everything ever i still love you though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Even though I want to see Kira right the gently caress now, I will tolerate one episode of Yukako

Although how the hell are they going to squeeze that into one episode, I recall it being pretty two-part sized

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
David Productions, you have failed me for the first time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys posted:

Even though I want to see Kira right the gently caress now, I will tolerate one episode of Yukako

Although how the hell are they going to squeeze that into one episode, I recall it being pretty two-part sized

It's a good 6, it's going to be pretty poorly paced. This week was good, but quite cheaply drawn. Next week is probably going to be budget too. As long as Kira and Sheer Heart Attack is HQ, it works out but gently caress, I need Kira.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They're going to cut a lot, and I'm fine with that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'd be okay if next week is just a clipshow if we can get a solid 4 - 5 weeks of Kira.

I'd actually be okay if was a clipshow either way honestly, Cinderella is the last arc of Part 4 I'm not excited for

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

It's a good 6, it's going to be pretty poorly paced.
Maybe, but it's also not really two episodes' worth of material, and having 1.5 episodes of Cinderella followed by the start of Quiet Life would've been kind of weird, so David is kind of stuck. They'll probably just trim down some of the conversations. As long as they don't completely cut the funny but non-essential things like Yukako repeatedly disrupting traffic or Josuke nearly falling out a window in shock, I'm fine with that. The episode order change is weird, but people were bound to complain about pacing problems with this part of Part 4 no matter what, I think.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think the changes are ok, no more insta death of characters right after they're introduced (though still very fast, but it should be less jarring.) and Quiet Life + Sheer Heart Attack doesn't seem that weird, there's a logical thread between the two

the only risk is a sheer overdose of Kira.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I guess it's good that we will have Shigechi around for another episode instead of him getting immediately offed, but I wish I didn't have to wait another week for Kira.

On the other hand

Moltrey posted:

a solid 4 - 5 weeks of Kira.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm going to cry

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I guess it's good that we will have Shigechi around for another episode instead of him getting immediately offed, but I wish I didn't have to wait another week for Kira.

i mean, the argument for that never really entirely clicked with me because it's not like he's even going to be relevant in the episode gap between the end of harvest and quiet life. it's an unrelated event starring koichi and yukako that sets up another event entirely that also has nothing to do with shigechi

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

its kind of weird mostly because studio david is overwhelmingly loyal to the manga, it seems strange for them to decide to do something like this.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Kurtofan posted:

Quiet Life + Sheer Heart Attack doesn't seem that weird, there's a logical thread between the two
Yeah to be clear I only think it's weird because David hasn't really made a point of changing much from the source material beyond adding the occasional cameo, though I do kind of like that when the Kira stuff is split up, it feels more like he got his girlfriend back and got to enjoy some quiet life before SHA.

e: f, b

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 5, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shifting Shooting DIO!? is considerably less big but that's the other time they did it. Unless they add something like "Two weeks pass since the death of Shigechi", it's going to be a bit weird going from "we have a single clue to finding him" to "we have figured out the clue"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

shooting dio was also an event that took place in an entirely different place with two characters that weren't super relevant in the main plot with the protags at the time, so it was easier for them to shift it around a little. in this case it's a direct plot element that's supposed to be a bridge between events, so it's innately weirder.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, the argument for that never really entirely clicked with me because it's not like he's even going to be relevant in the episode gap between the end of harvest and quiet life. it's an unrelated event starring koichi and yukako that sets up another event entirely that also has nothing to do with shigechi

Maybe they'll have him cameo in the episode like Yukako did in Harvest Part I? :shrug:

Edit: Josuke bit his lip in fear when he got caught in the lie about the ticket. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 5, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shifting Shooting DIO!? is considerably less big but that's the other time they did it. Unless they add something like "Two weeks pass since the death of Shigechi", it's going to be a bit weird going from "we have a single clue to finding him" to "we have figured out the clue"

As far as clue goes it's not that hard to figure out, button from suit= let's find a tailor.

The whole fly thing in part 3 was more contrived

Also nice cameo by British Blue this week and Shigechi and Kira have appeared in the ending.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So with the order change I guess that means it'll be a Kira-fest-stretch from Kira wants a quiet life to Kira's new life for six-ish episodes. That's a lot of Kira, which I respect.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
In retrospect it's sad how few screen time blonde Kira gets before changing faces (and hair).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Blond Kira is cool, but crazy hair Kira when he gets Bites The Dust is also very good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Frionnel posted:

In retrospect it's sad how few screen time blonde Kira gets before changing faces (and hair).

he does get a nice comeback

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If there's one thing of DiU you could gut I'm glad it's Cinderella and not something I actually care about.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't believe Killer Queen isn't next week it's so hosed up

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I know, i already told all the friends i got into JoJo to look out for next week's episode :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Frionnel posted:

I know, i already told all the friends i got into JoJo to look out for next week's episode :smith:

what are you going to tell them

edit: did people notice josuke biting his lips in the banker's office? that was awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's gonna have to do dogeza because he just told them to be excited for a Yukako episode

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dogeza Style

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i really don't care much for yukako bits and don't really like how koichi and her get together or whatever, so if nothing else i guess it'll at least be gotten out of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

it's going to be a bit weird going from "we have a single clue to finding him" to "we have figured out the clue"

It's pretty much what happens in the manga though, they find the tailor the day after Kira drop offs his coat.