Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will have the better offseason?
This poll is closed.
Montreal 19 14.29%
Edmonton 65 48.87%
Vancouver 49 36.84%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Guys relax weber was just traded from the only nhl team hes every played on and was the cornerstone of the team let him stay in the woods of bumfuck british columbia...price does that every year...

gently caress that means price is next!

FIRE EVERYBODY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I think regardless of media appearances Habs fans will come to hate Weber once the Habs do predictably poorly this season, and bergevin will likely be run out of town by season's end

e: but then weber will remain, a constant reminder, as he gets older and slower but still hammers the cap all the same

Vicas fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 5, 2016

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

the montreal are going to win the stanley cup. alex radulov id going to score 40 goals. alex galchuck is going to be the captain now, and he score 40 goals. shea weber breaks the slapshot record, shooting 119 mph

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Shea Weber is going to be suspended for a month because of a disgusting boarding on Sidney Crosby 3 games into the season

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

What if Shea Weber… joined ISIS.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope Weber gets sick of Therrien like 2 weeks into the season and just retires. Then with his hilarious cap penalties Nashville is forced to trade Subban to Florida so that all is right in the world.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dale Ouise posted:

I'm only okay with this if that happened to be a clause in the trade and we get PK back.

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
Maybe Montreal can trade Weber for Pk Subban?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Shea Weber is one of Carmen Sandiego's best known associates. He was supposed to arrive in Montreal, Quebec two weeks ago but no one has seen hide or hair of him since. His last known whereabouts was Nashville, Tennessee. Home of the Country Music Hall of Fame, it has produced some of the world's most famous country music musicians including Johnny Cash and Billy Ray Cyrus. All right gumshoes, time to sleuth him out. Let's play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego!

True story, i got to interview the beatbox guy from Rockapella back in college on the radio. it owned.

That's my carmen sandiego related story.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Vicas posted:

Shea Weber is going to be suspended for a month because of a disgusting boarding on Sidney Crosby 3 games into the season

I'm pretty sure Weber's move is slamming someone's head in to the boards wrestling-style.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

CountingCrows posted:

I think Bergevin might be able to trade Weber for the Sedin twins now, but I'm really hoping he waits a year and trades him for Yakupov and Draisatl who don't play the right way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dale Ouise posted:

What, like again?

CountingCrows posted:

What did we say about making stupid HFboards trade proposals?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
trade Weber for Chara please

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
This is why Canada is killing hockey

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

fits posted:

when shea weber isn't in the room people should be asking "where's shea weber??"

this is shea weber speaking

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vicas posted:

Shea Weber is going to be suspended for 3 games because of a disgusting boarding on Sidney Crosby a month into the season

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

It's going to happen to Sidney and suddenly Gary Bettman is going to give a speech explaining how he has always been extremely pro-anti-concussion and the league is taking steps by removing dirty players like one Shea Weber from the game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The league didn't even suspend a scrub like Dan Winnik for literally giving Crosby brain damage during their premiere event

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Dale Ouise posted:

His PDO would be sky high and the Canadian media might agree that a guy's shooting percentage was unsustainable.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

The league didn't even suspend a scrub like Dan Winnik for literally giving Crosby brain damage during their premiere event

Steckel you mean? Or is there another brain mush incident I'm forgetting?

But yeah for all the whining people do about [x] star getting favoritism the league is actually pretty awful about protecting its star players. Look how many dumb rear end hits Cooke and Torres have been allowed to throw and still hold NHL jobs.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Steckel you mean? Or is there another brain mush incident I'm forgetting?

But yeah for all the whining people do about [x] star getting favoritism the league is actually pretty awful about protecting its star players. Look how many dumb rear end hits Cooke and Torres have been allowed to throw and still hold NHL jobs.

Oh yeah, crossed up my former-Leaf 3rd line scrubs that were mildly useful for a time

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

"60 replies since I last checked the thread? What news did I miss?"

"Shea Weber?"
"Shea Weber."
"Weber."
"WEBER!!!"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Technetium posted:

"Shea Weber?"
"Shea Weber."
"Weber."
"WEBER!!!"

Every now and then there's this HAS Helldump where all the rage about the idea that Bergevin thought trading Subban for Weber straight up was a good idea just needs to come out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technetium posted:

"Shea Weber?"
"Shea Weber."
"Weber."
"WEBER!!!"

I'll show them, he thought, as he crafted an even worse post.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oh, I see there were 11 new posts since I last looked at the thread.

Just in case you guys were wondering how often I check the thread.

It's only maybe once or twice a day.

Maybe more sometimes if I'm not busy at work.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Will Shea Weber's tyranny ever end?

The answer is yes, when he LTIR-retires in ~2 years.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You might say he's Shea-WOL :smug:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Beautiful. Hand Knit, you know what to do.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

:drat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ThinkTank posted:

Beautiful. Hand Knit, you know what to do.
???

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The high water mark for disappointing player responses to acquisitions is barricading himself in his beach house and only coming out after a welcome party of his new team's GM, head coach, and captain has to fly to New Jersey to talk to him.

Until then, Shea Weber ain't got poo poo on Jeff Carter. :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ha ha they have to tell mods how to punctuate.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Close. I meant thread title, but that's also an acceptable solution. God knows it's probably long overdue after years of my mindless overposting.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 5, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ThinkTank just got dunked on. :thurman:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
yes!!! do it hand knit!!

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Aphrodite posted:

I'll show them, he thought, as he crafted an even worse post.

I never claimed to contribute anything to discussions here.

Or anywhere for that matter.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Forget it, Jake, it's Offseason N/V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I'm sad that the Preds matched the offer sheet now on Weber because by some totally sound logic that I don't have to explain it means PK could have been a Flyer.

• Locked thread