Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

LmaoTheKid posted:

Allen
Nelson
Marshall (though I worry about the Cycle of Fitz)
Cooks
Evans
Watkins

I'm a little bearish on Nelson and bullish on Evans so I'd go:

Allen
Evans
Marshall
Cooks
Nelson
Watkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
You guys are nuts if you take cooks over any of those guys.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Papes posted:

You guys are nuts if you take cooks over any of those guys.

Marshall and Cooks were a tossup for me and I bet on the QB there.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My league is doing keepers for the first time, but we use ESPN and their settings are poo poo. I'm thinking that we'll do the draft elsewhere and I'll just import rosters to ESPN afterward. Which of Yahoo or NFL is better for doing a keeper draft?

I've looked through commish settings on both and either one seems to be capable of handling our rules, I'm just not sure which has the better draft experience. I'm assuming that we may have at least 1 person drafting from a phone app so I'm keeping that in mind as well.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

Can I get a few opinions on this?

Rank these guys in a PPR league:

Mike Evans
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Brandon Cooks
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen

Here's another uninformed opinion:

Marshall
Evans
Allen
Jordy
Cooks
Watkins

I can't get behind dropping Marshall to the bottom (sorry spoeank) and Watkins won't get near enough volume to be in the same tier as those guys above him in full PPR (sorry papes). I basically wouldn't care who I got out of Evans, Allen, or Jordy, fwiw, and I wouldn't be too sad about any of that list as my WR1 in full PPR (except Watkins, who I'd be happy with in standard).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Teeter posted:

My league is doing keepers for the first time, but we use ESPN and their settings are poo poo. I'm thinking that we'll do the draft elsewhere and I'll just import rosters to ESPN afterward. Which of Yahoo or NFL is better for doing a keeper draft?

I've looked through commish settings on both and either one seems to be capable of handling our rules, I'm just not sure which has the better draft experience. I'm assuming that we may have at least 1 person drafting from a phone app so I'm keeping that in mind as well.

Clickydraft maybe? Or MFL.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Clickydraft maybe? Or MFL.

These are options as well, though with the caveat that I'm trying to keep it most accessible to lowest common denominator and Yahoo/NFL are more familiar. I've heard negative things about the MFL interface and I've sorta ruled out Clickydraft/DraftNight because I know that $20 will have to come out of my pocket. Are they really that much better?

This is for a basic keeper league. 2 players kept, penalty is 2 rounds before draft position last season. I have no clue why ESPN has such poo poo settings for this.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 5, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Allen
Evans
Marshall
Nelson
Cooks
Watkins

Allen to me is the undisputed #1 here. The Chargers are not going to throw as much as they did last year, but they've got a great QB and are a pass first team. Through the first 7 weeks of last season before his injury, Allen had the #3 most targets in the NFL behind Nuk and Julio. He also had an insanely high 77% completion average (Julio had 69% and Nuk had 57%). Both of those numbers could regress significantly this season and he'd still be a top 10 WR in PPR.

Continuing with that logic of following the targets, it's a toss up between Evans and Marshall here. Marshall had more targets and a better completion percentage, but we all know that Evans was nearly league worst in drop percentage last year, and I expect that to trend upwards this season. Add to that Evans being the obvious focal point in the red zone (despite only catching 3 TDs last year...jesus those drops) and he could easily do better than Marshall this year.

Marshall was the #3 WR in PPR last year though! So he should absolutely be next on this list. The Jets are the Jets, but Marshall and Fitz had chemistry and I don't see that changing much this year. I think Forte siphons a few targets away from Marshall, and I think his TD numbers regress a bit too, which is why he goes behind Evans.

I expect Nelson to be back to form. Also, Aaron Rodgers.

Cooks really came around in the last half of last season, but I don't fully trust him yet. That uncertainty about who he is drops him down to second to last here, Brees be damned.

Health is a skill and Watkins doesn't have it. Also, even a receiver as talented as a healthy Sammy gets a ding for playing on a team that rushes more than every team aside from Carolina.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks guys. I kept Antonio Brown and am picking 8 and 11 overall in my draft. I'm giving zero RB a shot and I've pretty much narrowed my top 3 to Allen-Evans-Marshall in some sort of order. Pretty good chance I'll get two of them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

The Boston Globe's Ben Volin believes Dion Lewis (knee) "might" start the season on reserve/PUP.

Lewis practiced at June minicamp, but he hasn't been seen at all at training camp. He's currently on the active/PUP list, and there's been very little word on his recovery since he tore his ACL back in November. Opening the season on reserve/PUP would cost Lewis at least the first six weeks. The Patriots are a team to watch at final cuts next month when running backs hit the market.

If Dion was leaning towards my "do not draft" list, he's definitely on it now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teeter posted:

These are options as well, though with the caveat that I'm trying to keep it most accessible to lowest common denominator and Yahoo/NFL are more familiar. I've heard negative things about the MFL interface and I've sorta ruled out Clickydraft/DraftNight because I know that $20 will have to come out of my pocket. Are they really that much better?

This is for a basic keeper league. 2 players kept, penalty is 2 rounds before draft position last season. I have no clue why ESPN has such poo poo settings for this.

My league all loves yahoo over nfl. Our dynasty league is now on MFL though and we all love the customization capabilities.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
MFL is loving awesome. You could also just run the draft through ESPN and have people manually put their keepers in.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
While the endless customization options of MFL are awesome, the site layout and UI is a real heap of poo poo without significant tweaking. I had a dynasty league disband pretty much solely because the site was so non-user friendly and no one in the league had the smarts to fix it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Am I alone in not wanting anything to do with jordy?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Am I alone in not wanting anything to do with jordy?

Piggybacking on this: it seems a lot of the players injured last year are still real touchy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What do people think of the mid round RBs this year in PPR leagues?

I've been running draftwizards for my 4th pick in a 14 person 1 ppr league and I keep coming down to a decision between C.J. Anderson, Danny Woodhead, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, DeMarco Murray, Thomas Rawls, and Dion Lewis. I'm feeling like I should go Woodhead - Anderson - Rawls - Hyde - Murray - Duke - Lewis.

There's also a tier below them that worries me because I have to have two RBs in a league where a ton of people grab them after going double WR early. Ryan Matthews, Jeremy Langford, Frank Gore, Jeremy Hill, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster. I really feel like Riddick is the best option in that second group just for the PPR value alone. Langford is the other option but his games just seemed so undrwhelming. JStew and Hill seem yawnstipating and Foster is a huge mystery for a 4th/5th rounder.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Doltos posted:

What do people think of the mid round RBs this year in PPR leagues?

I've been running draftwizards for my 4th pick in a 14 person 1 ppr league and I keep coming down to a decision between C.J. Anderson, Danny Woodhead, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, DeMarco Murray, Thomas Rawls, and Dion Lewis. I'm feeling like I should go Woodhead - Anderson - Rawls - Hyde - Murray - Duke - Lewis.

There's also a tier below them that worries me because I have to have two RBs in a league where a ton of people grab them after going double WR early. Ryan Matthews, Jeremy Langford, Frank Gore, Jeremy Hill, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster. I really feel like Riddick is the best option in that second group just for the PPR value alone. Langford is the other option but his games just seemed so undrwhelming. JStew and Hill seem yawnstipating and Foster is a huge mystery for a 4th/5th rounder.

I know it's the trend this year, but I'm loving the idea on loading up on elite WRs because of how much depth that area of RB has. Scoop all of the RBs up in the 5th round-9th

Rawls/Woodhead/Mathews/Gore/etc

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If anyone is up for a dynasty mock draft, I have one space left in an MFL mock slow draft that's about to kick off. We're using Scott Fish Bowl scoring, which attempts to equalize positions - it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Superflex, TE Premium, .25 points per carry. 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/4Flex/1SFLEX

Pick trading is also allowed, so it might be good practice for anyone who has dynasty startups on the horizon.

Let me know!

Edit: filled up.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 6, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Bennie Fowler has emerged as the "frontrunner" for the Broncos' No. 3 receiver job.

In related news, Cody Latimer continues to shape up as a bust. Among Denver's sub-package wideouts, Fowler has reportedly been the most "consistent" early in camp. As the Broncos use far more two-tight end than three-receiver sets, Fowlers fantasy impact will be negligible even if he wins the No. 3 job.

Who was that one guy who kept scrubbing Cody Latimer's balls every chance he got, I want to know how many people wasted a draft pick because of him.

Reminder that the Broncos drafted Latimer five spots ahead of Allen Robinson.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Benne posted:

Who was that one guy who kept scrubbing Cody Latimer's balls every chance he got, I want to know how many people wasted a draft pick because of him.

Reminder that the Broncos drafted Latimer five spots ahead of Allen Robinson.

Cecil Lammey

https://twitter.com/cecillammey/status/632386652426498048

"The Denver Broncos could have found a star in the second round of the 2014 NFL draft. ".

"Latimer is bigger, more versatile and a better blocker than Caldwell. The rookie has the makings of a star in this league. The Broncos won’t be able to hold this talent down for long... Simply put—Latimer is the future for the Broncos, and the future is now."

A few days ago:

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/760252747367145472

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Hey gang, I'll make a proper thread later but I'm starting up a dynasty league and need players.

If anyone is interested in a dynasty league with:

- auction draft
- blind bidding waivers
- superflex
- full ppr, 1.5 ppr for tes
- .2 points per carry
- no kickers

send me a pm or reply in this thread. I'm thinking around a $25-30 buy in.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cecil Lammey is a huge Broncos dickrider and was also the main person responsible for CJ Anderson: First Round Pick last year. He yelled me down when I told him CJA in the first was insane.

gently caress Cecil Lammey.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
breaking: eric ebron

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ASJ
Ebron

Go uh, Clive Walford? Will Tye? Martellus Bennett?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/761974293723045889

:rip: Ebron you may or may not have gotten good or useful but I guess we'll never find out now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

ASJ
Ebron

I'm in a few 2 TE dynasty leagues and it really hammers home how poo poo the position is. In a start up right now, picked up Fleener and Ertz somewhat early, and now looking at guys like Tye and Amaro and Witten and Heuerman as a TE3. Might just not draft one and hope for the best :shrug: I guess I should take Witten and hope he plays til he's 40??

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

ASJ
Ebron

You of all people should know we've already moved on to future hall of famer Vance McDonald, duh.

Also pour one out for the CJ Fiedorowicz dream while you're at it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/761974293723045889

:rip: Ebron you may or may not have gotten good or useful but I guess we'll never find out now

Shrodingers tight end if you will

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

You of all people should know we've already moved on to future hall of famer Vance McDonald, duh.

Also pour one out for the CJ Fiedorowicz dream while you're at it.

Vance McDonald is bad I tells ya! Bad!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Crockett Gilmore, that is all

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

Crockett Gilmore, that is all

Isn't he hurt? Am I imagining things?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Isn't he hurt? Am I imagining things?

Less hurt than Pitta, at least. But also Watson and Maxx Williams are there, so there's basically no appeal.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

Will Tye

This is where I'm shifting my focus unless Fleener falls into a round wherein it is not an embarrassing mistake to draft a TE

gently caress TEs forever

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Gary Barnidge is the tight end to carry your team to glory.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm starting to think that TE isn't as deep as we'd like to hope, and that there's a solid argument for not waiting on them.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm starting to think that TE isn't as deep as we'd like to hope, and that there's a solid argument for not waiting on them.

I wanna say we go through that every season. Once a couple TEs go down (usually including someone in the group right below Gronk), everyone realizes there's only 5ish good TEs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The whole idea behind waiting/punting TEs is that, statistically, at least half of the first 10 TEs drafted are going to be dogshit regardless of ADP; so unless you're getting Gronk, you're playing with fire no matter what you do. The fact is, that unless you're in an 8 team league, at least 2-6 of the owners in your league are going to have below-replacement level TEs (and probably no more than 4 who aren't Gronk will actually be remotely close to a difference maker) and there's nothing you can do about it. When you're operating within a set that has such limited outcomes as is, it's probably less risky to just ignore it altogether.

A lot of people will tell you that the draft is mostly a crapshoot, and that leagues are won on the WW. If that is the case, and you're just throwing darts, doesn't it make more sense to focus on fewer targets? Especially when you need 3-5 each of RB/WR to fill a roster, and only one, already notably fickle, TE?

Let someone else spend a top-50 pick on Jordan loving Reed and laugh all the way to the bank with your stash of WR/RBs that will all score more points.

Maybe this is first year ever that every TE will play up to his ADP? Or will it just be like every other year where like 4 of the top 7 non-Gronk TEs have an ADP north of 150 and you're an idiot for drafting one so high.

e: Unless you drafted Gronk/Graham that one year, I don't think a TE draft pick has ever won anyone a fantasy league in the entire history of fantasy. Someone point out to me the guy who drafted Marques Colston in 2004 or Gary Barnidge/Benjamin Watson last year because that guy is probably lying.

e2: I guess I think it's just way less risky to use one of your late picks to try to guess one of the 1-3 undrafted TEs that will crack the top-10, than to use an actually valuable pick on an ADP top-10 TE that, unless he's Gronk, has about a 50% chance of being a JAG.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 6, 2016

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Dwayne Allen is still going to have the TD upside that everyone was projecting onto Ebron.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I did the research for an article and over the last five years, I think it was 4.5 of the top 12 TEs were drafted in the top 7 and 4.5 were outside of the top 15 by ADP.

Don't draft a tight end, y'all.

Edit:

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-2016-on-tyler-eiferts-injury-and-why-tight-ends-dont-matter.html

"If you take the last four years, the numbers are equal, with an average of 4.5 top-seven draftees in the TE1 ranks, and 4.5 completely undrafted tight ends among the TEs."

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I did the research for an article and over the last five years, I think it was 4.5 of the top 12 TEs were drafted in the top 7 and 4.5 were outside of the top 15 by ADP.

Don't draft a tight end, y'all.

Edit:

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-2016-on-tyler-eiferts-injury-and-why-tight-ends-dont-matter.html

"If you take the last four years, the numbers are equal, with an average of 4.5 top-seven draftees in the TE1 ranks, and 4.5 completely undrafted tight ends among the TEs."

Uhhhhh that actually sounds like a really high hit rate. 5 of 7 of early TEa end as TE1?

There's no way running back is that high.

• Locked thread