Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

Also

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :stare:

I've said before MRA types come up with a lot of really homoerotic stuff but that might take the cake.

Bonus points for "and babies". :stonk:

There's this terrifying story by Pamela Sargent called 'Fears' that deals with the idea of an all male society and it's... it's pretty grim.

I highly recommend the story, and also her novel "The Shore of Women"

Tesseraction posted:

Another interesting discussion was that at the time the UK government passed gay marriage he said that while he personally was fine with gay people he still thought that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Did you have any mutual friends? I would have been stand offish after that tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Didn't radfems also hate gay dudes way back when because of the possibility that men had found a way to make women redundant and thus completely disposable?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Did you have any mutual friends? I would have been stand offish after that tbh

One. She thinks he's an rear end in a top hat.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jack Gladney posted:

Didn't radfems also hate gay dudes way back when because of the possibility that men had found a way to make women redundant and thus completely disposable?

First and Second Wave Feminism didn't embrace intersectionality so I wouldn't be surprised

Tesseraction posted:

One. She thinks he's an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, should have said gently caress that guy from the start imo (of course I know very little about the whole thing). Find a new band after that? Ima guess you play... keyboard or guitar

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Yeah, should have said gently caress that guy from the start imo (of course I know very little about the whole thing). Find a new band after that? Ima guess you play... keyboard or guitar

Both, but I was the drummer in that particular band. She came to the conclusion he was an arsehole after I quit - we were only acquaintances originally and I met her again a year or two later and she'd cut the idiot out and we agreed it was for the best. She's started dating a good friend of mine and I was a bit surprised at the crossover.

The last time I'd spoken to her prior to that she still thought she could get through to him. Not anymore. It was similar with me - I'd hoped I could turn him around, but his comments on women made me give up. Only society as a whole can solve that, not one-to-ones.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Both, but I was the drummer in that particular band. She came to the conclusion he was an arsehole after I quit - we were only acquaintances originally and I met her again a year or two later and she'd cut the idiot out and we agreed it was for the best. She's started dating a good friend of mine and I was a bit surprised at the crossover.

The last time I'd spoken to her prior to that she still thought she could get through to him. Not anymore. It was similar with me - I'd hoped I could turn him around, but his comments on women made me give up. Only society as a whole can solve that, not one-to-ones.

You're a good person Tess

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

There's this terrifying story by Pamela Sargent called 'Fears' that deals with the idea of an all male society and it's... it's pretty grim.

I highly recommend the story, and also her novel "The Shore of Women"
"Walk to the End of the World" by Suzy McKee Charnas is about a post-apocalyptic world in which women are literally treated as a subhuman class (think plantation slavery, with bonus cannibalism) in a society where all citizens are male. It's grim as gently caress, and also second-wave feminist as gently caress, but it's really interesting reading if you can stomach the gruesomeness.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

pookel posted:

"Walk to the End of the World" by Suzy McKee Charnas is about a post-apocalyptic world in which women are literally treated as a subhuman class (think plantation slavery, with bonus cannibalism) in a society where all citizens are male. It's grim as gently caress, and also second-wave feminist as gently caress, but it's really interesting reading if you can stomach the gruesomeness.

The book "Radical Utopias" is a 3-pack of great gender-analysing sci-fi novels: "Walk to the End of the World", "The Female Man" by Joanna Russ, and "Triton" by Sam Delaney. It's an absolutey dynamite trilogy, especially "The Female Man" which explores the , if you haven't read one or more you should buy the book. It's cheap used on Amazon.

On the most superficial level, one's about slavery and misery in an ultra-masculinist hell-on-earth, one's about freedom and liberation in an ultra-feminist utopia, and one's about a post-scarcity society where people can have whatever body they want which does not prevent awkward technologically-spoiled goonlords from moping around obsessing over ex-girlfriends and whining about their stupid personal problem.

Ooh speaking of 2nd wave feminist scifi, I'd love to hear a neo-reactionary reaction to "[url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston,_Houston,_Do_You_Read%3F"]Houston, Houston, Do You Read?" by James Tiptree, Jr, I bet that would literallty give them nightmares.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Jack Gladney posted:

If you can find a good cite or two, this might help explain the MGTOW trope that women are horrified, horrified at the idea these men will retreat into their world of sexbots and not want women any more.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Not to get all :godwin: here, but "The Iron Dream" (a very, very gay book throughout) ends with a race of perfect, all-male Aryan supermen colonizing the galaxy as the endpoint of Nazism. You're going to say, bah, a postmodern deconstruction of Hitler, they're a dime a dozen, but yesterday I found out about "Swastika Night", a novel that:

quote:

takes place seven hundred years after Nazism achieved power, by which time Adolf Hitler is worshiped as a god. Though no major character is a woman, the story concentrates on the oppression of women, portraying the Nazis as homosexual misogynists. Christians are marginalized, Jews eliminated, and women disfranchised — deprived of all rights.

And it was written in 1937

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

There is no Islam that fails to provide a favorable environment for terror. Terror is so fundamental and intrinsic to Islam, that any supposedly Muslim religion that seriously disengages from terror really is not Muslim, and any Muslim monarchy that fails to support terror gets assailed as inauthentically Muslim, as not taking Islam seriously, and it is transparently apparent that any nominally Muslim monarchy that fails to support terror is inauthentically Muslim, does not take Islam seriously.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Remember when Big Yud wrote a post about how he was genuinely worried that in the future, due to irreconcilable differences between the sexes, both genders would retreat to their own planets of catgirl/catboy sexbots?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

pookel posted:

I like this book. They sure don't make 'em like this anymore.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Remember when Big Yud wrote a post about how he was genuinely worried that in the future, due to irreconcilable differences between the sexes, both genders would retreat to their own planets of catgirl/catboy sexbots?

Failed Utopia #4-2. Quite a lot of the commenters said that actually, that would be pretty good.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ThatExLiberal/status/722086639514861569

https://twitter.com/gihenry1993/status/761338237730197504

Fututor Magnus has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Aug 5, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

hackbunny posted:

Not to get all :godwin: here, but "The Iron Dream" (a very, very gay book throughout) ends with a race of perfect, all-male Aryan supermen colonizing the galaxy as the endpoint of Nazism. You're going to say, bah, a postmodern deconstruction of Hitler, they're a dime a dozen, but yesterday I found out about "Swastika Night", a novel that:

When does B J Blazkowicz enter into this?

Ronwayne has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Aug 5, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

hackbunny posted:

And it was written in 1937

Knowing that I have a thing for Taylor Swift and Nazis,

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Just put a sepia filter over your pictures, weird twitter user.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Failed Utopia #4-2. Quite a lot of the commenters said that actually, that would be pretty good.

No I remember a version that wasn't in story format

EDIT:

The Vosgian Beast has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Aug 5, 2016

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Where do I sign up

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

No I remember a version that wasn't in story format

EDIT:

:whitewater:

What does he mean the modern academic left likes to pretend these people don't exist? What is it with these dingholes not bothering to do the courses they decry and then whining that they're not represented on these courses. He does know that Das Kapital talks entirely about capitalism for the entire run, not communism, right? Surely if he's so sure of his ideology he should be able to disprove the 'modern academic left' quite easily and become a professor himself.

Also lol that he calls it the 'modern' academic left. As opposed to the ancient academic left who fully accepted there was a dark enlightenment(???) and hung out with them all day and everything was sunshine and rainbows (but no gay rainbows). Not to mention the theories aren't new and the academics have been around since the counter-culture at latest.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I wish Nietzsche were alive today so he could kick that guy right in the balls for putting VOX loving DAY ahead of him. Also Nietzsche thought racism was dumb.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

W-why catgirl/catboy?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Tesseraction posted:

W-why catgirl/catboy?

I think you know why tess

I think you know
:smugmrgw:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tesseraction posted:

W-why catgirl/catboy?

Because Big Yud is a walking, talking caricature of what the manosphere thinks of as a beta male nerd at this point

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The only good thing to come off of John Derbyshire's computer was Prime Obsession. :smith:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

neonnoodle posted:

I wish Nietzsche were alive today so he could kick that guy right in the balls for putting VOX loving DAY ahead of him. Also Nietzsche thought racism was dumb.

Every time an idiot white guy misinterprets Nietzshe, an angel gets its mustache.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Just put a sepia filter over your pictures, weird twitter user.

https://twitter.com/ThatExLiberal/status/761482095600566272

https://twitter.com/ThatExLiberal/status/761568750592266240

EDIT: god what is with these loving people?

https://twitter.com/occupycorruptDC/status/761223060867452932

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Hey I got five bucks to blow you want a new AV coupon?

Seriously? If you're being serious then yes. GBS has literally become ironic racism/sexism corner. Guess thats what Lowtax meant when he said he was going to "deTumblrfly" the forums. Im not even white! :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Aug 5, 2016

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

That's pretty much what I expected out of the guy. Just a whole lot of crazy.

Girl has good trigger discipline.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The most important tool for a militia is obviously a suppressor, for those covert militia night missions.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TinTower posted:

The only good thing to come off of John Derbyshire's computer was Prime Obsession. :smith:

Popular thread target St_Rev has gone on and on and on about how John Derbyshire is the best of the dark enlighteners, because of his bottomless sense of compassion and the deep sense of tragedy at how blacks are doomed to be mindless violent thugs fit only for extinction.

That might just be because he's part of the Mathematics Kool Kids Klub like former mathematician St_Rev though.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Can someone fill me in on Black Lives Matter? Why are they so feared? I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but it seems to me they do standard protestor stuff. Some people make them sound like a terrorist organization (they can't be that dangerous or the FBI would have already COINTELPROed them to death)

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Race Realists posted:

Seriously? If you're being serious then yes. GBS has literally become ironic racism/sexism corner.
Bring back Icequeen and Abraham and have them start a purge of GBS posters.

hackbunny posted:

Can someone fill me in on Black Lives Matter? Why are they so feared? I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but it seems to me they do standard protestor stuff. Some people make them sound like a terrorist organization (they can't be that dangerous or the FBI would have already COINTELPROed them to death)

They're black, and according to the black brute stereotype, all black people possess an inborn "thuggish" nature that will cause them to rise up and kill whitey and turn the US into the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It's racism, it doesn't have to make any sense.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

hackbunny posted:

White people afraid black people

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

neonnoodle posted:

Nietzsche also thought that the Uberdude all would be an artist. No mention of capitalist-engineers rescuing us all. with technovaginas.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Space Poodle posted:

Nietzsche also thought that the Uberdude all would be an artist. No mention of capitalist-engineers rescuing us all. with technovaginas.

If you haven't noticed, both neoreactionaries and Less Wrongites have a very attenuated artistic instinct.

The only good thing by a rationalist I've ever read was The Northern Caves by Nostalgebraist, who's on the edges of that community anyway, and afaik the only remotely interesting thing to come out of the Dark Enlightenment's fiction is Nick Land's short stories.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

hackbunny posted:

BLM is harmless, they've cleared a path for fire trucks and ambulances during their traffic blockades even

It's just racism

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

The genius of BLM is that they have captured in their name something white Americans feel is fundamentally untrue.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
They literally don't understand what separates philosophy from douchebags rambling on the internet. They have no loving clue what philosophy even is, but they're pretty sure it's entirely comprised of yelling the loudest.

You see it most often when someone goes to bat for Rand or Harris, at this point. The only reason they can come up with for Rand and Harris (or, I guess, Theodore Dorkshit Beale, Angry Racist Boll Weevil) not being heralded as the obvious geniuses they undoubtedly are, is Regressive Leftists. Even when someone like Dennett goes after Harris for being an arrogant, clueless dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/ThatExLiberal/status/761482095600566272

https://twitter.com/ThatExLiberal/status/761568750592266240

EDIT: god what is with these loving people?

https://twitter.com/occupycorruptDC/status/761223060867452932

Seriously? If you're being serious then yes. GBS has literally become ironic racism/sexism corner. Guess thats what Lowtax meant when he said he was going to "deTumblrfly" the forums. Im not even white! :v:

I Bought you the thing, send me an email at bassdrumsand@gmail.com and I can give you the gift certificate. I dunno how to do it anyway else :/