Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Something to capitalize on stress like that would be almost too good in Rebs, but Rebs really need some Too Good stuff, TBH. I kind of miss the game being about the Galactic Civil War, rather than Imperials policing dumb criminals a bunch of garbage EU ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

Something to capitalize on stress like that would be almost too good in Rebs, but Rebs really need some Too Good stuff, TBH. I kind of miss the game being about the Galactic Civil War, rather than Imperials policing dumb criminals a bunch of garbage EU ships.

I'm sure Heroes of the Resistance will be full of good and useful stuff that isn't stupidly overpriced and marginally useful outside of kitchen table play. Yep, aaaaaany day now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Smug Computers just might be able to get Rebels back into competitiveness when HOTR finally drops, but right now man... rebels are hosed. I mean good lord.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Otisburg posted:

Under the personal supervision of Emperor Palpatine, in most cases.

The slick part of the slicer tools is that a 13 point banana pirate or four can zip in within range 2 of a PTL stressed ace (closing the range band on the Inquisitor, for example) and then use the slicers to sneak in a damage card on a successful roll.
Range 2 and not restricted to arc seems really powerful. Banana Slicers are probably going to occupy the same space as Wampa, which is "a pretty rude way to spend 13/14 points, but not something you build a list around"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Wait slicers is range 2? gently caress me that's going to make it suck to be a PTL ace. I may need to rethink my belief that Fenn will work best with PTL...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

thespaceinvader posted:

Wait slicers is range 2? gently caress me that's going to make it suck to be a PTL ace. I may need to rethink my belief that Fenn will work best with PTL...

If slicers makes people rethink PtL usage... this could be very very good.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Luckily the scum Soontir has a sweet title and an alternate EPT he can use instead. Suck it, real factions! :v:

With all this hate for aces coming up, I'm seriously looking at Dash again, though. He eats up Dengaroo by simply killing Manaroo posthaste, same for dealing with torpedo Jumps. He can potentially kill Palp Aces by doing the same to the shuttle, especially with a wing-ghost with autoblaster turret to threaten aces trying to jump Dash himself. Seems really strong? Even better once Rebel Vets lands.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The Gate posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Luckily the scum Soontir has a sweet title and an alternate EPT he can use instead. Suck it, real factions! :v:

With all this hate for aces coming up, I'm seriously looking at Dash again, though. He eats up Dengaroo by simply killing Manaroo posthaste, same for dealing with torpedo Jumps. He can potentially kill Palp Aces by doing the same to the shuttle, especially with a wing-ghost with autoblaster turret to threaten aces trying to jump Dash himself. Seems really strong? Even better once Rebel Vets lands.

Dash rules!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, the slicer tools says remove a stress token. As the ship using slicer tools, do *I* remove the stress token or the enemy ship?

Because if I lose the stress...

Eaden Vrill (32)
Kyle Katarn (3)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Experimental Interface (3)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Clearly I'm going to need another YT-2400.

Eaden Vrill (32)
Kyle Katarn (3)

Dash Rendar (36)
Push the Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Outrider (5)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So throw the slicer on low PS ships to get to the aces. Might see a race to the bottom then to avoid that? The return of PS1 ships?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Needs FAQ

And removing the enemy's stress seems to be a thing this wave. So does adding it. Stress meta yay?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

It has to be that you remove the stress from the enemy ship. There is no way for you to have a stress and take the action (outside of Tycho). My understanding of PtL and EI is that they give you the stress after all actions in the chain are completed. So you will have to complete the action before you are assigned the stress from those abilities.

Fake edit:Forgot about Chopper Crew, but that seems a bad combo to make a card work around.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Orvin posted:

It has to be that you remove the stress from the enemy ship. There is no way for you to have a stress and take the action (outside of Tycho). My understanding of PtL and EI is that they give you the stress after all actions in the chain are completed. So you will have to complete the action before you are assigned the stress from those abilities.

Fake edit:Forgot about Chopper Crew, but that seems a bad combo to make a card work around.

Yeah, good point. Unless the person writing the card didn't know how stress works.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Finster Dexter posted:

Eaden Vrill (32)
Kyle Katarn (3)

Dash Rendar (36)
Push the Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Outrider (5)

I don't think that would work with Kyle anyway, because Kyle is worded:
After you remove a stress token from your ship, you may assign a focus token to your ship.

As written, I don't think removing a stress from another player's ship would trigger it, just like removing stress from another one of your own ships wouldn't trigger Kyle on a different ship.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think Kyle is there for the free focus for clearing the ExpInt stress.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

Eaden Vrill (32)
Kyle Katarn (3)

Dash Rendar (36)
Push the Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Outrider (5)

Clearly you do because Eaden and Dash own together regardless.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I guess that limits the effectiveness of a slicer swarm, since if one Z95 gets the damage thru, then the enemy ace will be unstressed and the other Z95s will have nothing to slice. Actually do you end up removing the stress from your enemy regardless of whether you damage them or not?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
If you miss the stress remains, giving another ship an opportunity to try again.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

flightless greeb posted:

I guess that limits the effectiveness of a slicer swarm, since if one Z95 gets the damage thru, then the enemy ace will be unstressed and the other Z95s will have nothing to slice. Actually do you end up removing the stress from your enemy regardless of whether you damage them or not?

Well, sort of. But the ships all move and take an action one at a time. So in theory if the first one nabbed the stress, the next however many could TL or Focus or whatever and just shoot the thing (assuming it's still in arc).

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

LOOKS LIKE VADER'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

E: actually, I think we might be going into a situation where every list is two u-boats with slicer tools and either a third boat or fenn rau.

Brunas fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 4, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tekopo posted:

lol @ anyone that, when they heard that the ARC had 6 green at speed 1/2, thought it meant that straights/banks/sharps.

Protectorate is a A-Wing/Inties dial with t-rolls

I had hope the same way I have hope that Heroes of the Resistance won't be a waste of everyone's time.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Going back to this for a minute, if these matches turn out like the X-Wing Open deal then you probably aren't missing much unless you like watching Jumpmaster lists play against other Jumpmaster lists and a dozen variations of Palp aces duke it out to see who's the Palpiest. Competitive X-Wing right now is dull as dishwater to watch.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Nah I have fun watching, especially Team Covenant's well produced videos.

https://twitter.com/RadioTCXPodcast/status/761333541363998720

Looks like a B-wing, E-wing, and X-wing list against Palp Aces at the top table here.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Apparently hes running Sabine Biggs and Corran

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

As a connoisseur of bad list I'm looking forward to playing this when it's all out

2FAST2FURIOUS

100 points

PILOTS

Fenn Rau (34)
Protectorate Starfighter (28), Push the Limit (3), Concord Dawn Protector (1), Autothrusters (2)

Talonbane Cobra (35)
Kihraxz Fighter (28), Predator (3), Glitterstim (2), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Serissu (31)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (20), Wingman (2), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Stealth Device (3), “Mangler” Cannon (4)

1) Fly into range 1
2) ????
3) Profit!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Aramoro posted:

As a connoisseur of bad list I'm looking forward to playing this when it's all out

2FAST2FURIOUS

100 points

PILOTS

Fenn Rau (34)
Protectorate Starfighter (28), Push the Limit (3), Concord Dawn Protector (1), Autothrusters (2)

Talonbane Cobra (35)
Kihraxz Fighter (28), Predator (3), Glitterstim (2), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Serissu (31)
M3-A “Scyk” Interceptor (20), Wingman (2), “Heavy Scyk” Interceptor (2), Stealth Device (3), “Mangler” Cannon (4)

1) Fly into range 1
2) ????
3) Profit!

Comedy option: drop Wingman for Fearlessness on Serissu and swap Mangler for Autoblaster.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

Comedy option: drop Wingman for Fearlessness on Serissu and swap Mangler for Autoblaster.

I did actually have Astroblaster in there on my first pass, this is a good idea! Or a terrible idea, I have trouble telling.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Guys, you can slap tactician and stressbot on an arc. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

bunnyofdoom posted:

Guys, you can slap tactician and stressbot on an arc. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Still less good than the stresshog.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Tactician will work on Slicer Eaden:

Eaden Vrill (32)
Flechette Cannon (2)
Tactician (2)

He fuels his own gimmick!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Deviant X Wang Status Update:

Loss, 100-74
Win, 100-66

If I win my third I'll keep playing. If not I'll drop I guess.

Also one of my local friends won't shut up that he beat Paul Heaver. And I would have won that first game but I forgot juke beats c3p0. :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Sabines TIE (WHAT?!!) Kylo's shuttle, and Quad Jumper for Wave X

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rebel TIEs :allears:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

alg posted:

Sabines TIE (WHAT?!!) Kylo's shuttle, and Quad Jumper for Wave X

:gowron:

wha huh? this from a FFG panel or something?

I still want a Poe pilot card for TIE/sf :colbert:

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761619165883097089/photo/1
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/ill-show-you-the-dark-side/

TastyShrimpPlatter fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 5, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

holy poo poo that looks a millions times better than I thought it would... loving GIMME

Also: what are those weird cards on the left??

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That's going to be a nightmare to store.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Too bad Sabine's TIE title is unique. I would've loved to run a rebel TIE swarm each with crew and illicit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lol the official forums are melting down right now.

quote:

Jesus wept.  And I thought Wave 9 was bad.

This has Disney's demands written all over it.

• Locked thread