Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Let's see, I watched a few episodes last night, all from Season 6. Beginning with Dragons Teeth and eventually passing out during Fair Haven.

Fair Haven seemed pretty loving dumb and weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Sten Freak posted:

We watched the polygamist dandruff refugees with doofus husbands episode last night. Pretty weak. I did like the big ol truth smackdown the lady puts on Kira at the end right before they leave DS9 (we are farmers and could have fed your planet but you're sending us to trigon2 or whatever) but the space flute dude, twitchy beta dudes, jacked up universal translator and all - sometimes I wish the federation was a little less accommodating to annoying species. The Bajorans not only told them to no to immigrating but blew up the one craft that came toward their planet.

That's the episode that convinced me that Bajorans are assholes. The lady's speech at the end is the best part.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

criscodisco posted:

Here's a secret: I was just looking for a reaction :ssh:

I am fine with games on PC I just like the convenience of a ps4.

Well played, goon sir

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Fair Haven seemed pretty loving dumb and weird

Accurate perception

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Nothing good happens in Star Trek where the Irish are involved.

See: that TNG season 2 episode, every episode featuring O'Brien, also the later ep in VOY where they revisit Fair Haven

(slight distinction: O'Brien episodes are good TV generally, their plots just involve terrible things happening to a space-Irishman)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

cheerfullydrab posted:

That's the episode that convinced me that Bajorans are assholes. The lady's speech at the end is the best part.

The aliens were pretty big assholes too. The wanted to live on a previously war torn and barley functioning planet with a interim government that almost just had a civil war. They offer nothing but... "Hey we can farm" but have never done so on that planet. Their culture is very different than the indigenous one. The reason they give for wanting to plant themselves on this planet is because "it's the promised land!" which always ends well for the natives as history has shown.

Oh and the Feds were already willing to give them an ENTIRE planet to colonize but the dandruff gals wanted the first one they saw. gently caress their entitled rear end. Bajorans were right on that one.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

No no no no no. The Scrreea were led by prophecy you understand. They were absolutely entitled to that land its just that the BJ's are racist as gently caress and like North Korea, prefer to suffer a famine in total ethnic purity.

The Bajorans were never right.

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

shadow puppet of a posted:

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong.

What about Kai Winn?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What about Kai Winn?

Adami could be forgiven for butting heads with cakehole and falling for Dukat's colbra dicks. The rest of her crimes on on her though.

But in fairness who among us would not plot to kill Bareil after a few years of listening to his slow n' low drawling sermons that double as pickup lines?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I know the lowest common denominator joke for Star Trek is making fun of the technobabble, but jesus christ voyager.

At least half the time the actors look like they were told to improvise.

"Can we instantly resolve this bullshit?"
"Sure.....if......we.........take an inverse .......symmetrical warp field and channel it to.........the EPS conduits"

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
In the future, all complex theoretical science and its applications to the field of engineering will be solved by the "Yes, and..." method.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
don't forget an anecdote by a wacky alien crew member

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
goastse

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm not sure if this is worse than the above

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Baronjutter posted:

They misspelled pedophile as xenophile.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Baronjutter posted:

Ive been seeing ads for a ST game app on my tablet which is well rated. Thats not the same game right?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Sten Freak posted:

Ive been seeing ads for a ST game app on my tablet which is well rated. Thats not the same game right?

No, the picture is of Star Trek Online, a PC game.

I just wish I could find an app that made my tablet look like LCARS, but none of them are free and I refuse to pay for an app that'll probably make my tablet slow and a pain to use.

I also with I could find some Trek mp3 sounds that I could use on my phone as ringtones and message alerts, but I'm too lazy to bother looking. My current ring is "mullato butts", but I'm getting bored with it and also I feel weird every time it rings loudly at the mostly black Kroger I shop at.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Sten Freak posted:

No that is a Stellaris faction mod. An actual good game.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Baronjutter posted:

I don't understand how people are playing STO, it just hangs at loading for me no matter what I do.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't understand how people are playing STO, it just hangs at loading for me no matter what I do.

That's not STO, but congrats on winning the game!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh, I also thought it was STO.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

criscodisco posted:

Oh, I also thought it was STO.

A small upside to STO is you get a chance to genocide some talaxians.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Trast posted:

A small upside to STO is you get a chance to genocide some talaxians.

I can see the draw in that, but unless it has a dnc that turns it into one of those Japanese fingerbang simulators on a hairy young ensign, I'm not sold.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
*Ensign Taint has accidentally keistered the ships last dilithium crystal, you're our only hope to get it out!*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Baronjutter posted:

This is a good mod. I want to play as the Romulan Empire and actually get poo poo done.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm about ready to voyage into the final frontier

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i'm about ready to voyage into the final frontier

ST5?

... - .- -. -.. / -... .- -.-. -.-

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

etalian posted:

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong
Cannot be said enough.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Burning_Monk posted:

The aliens were pretty big assholes too. The wanted to live on a previously war torn and barley functioning planet with a interim government that almost just had a civil war. They offer nothing but... "Hey we can farm" but have never done so on that planet. Their culture is very different than the indigenous one. The reason they give for wanting to plant themselves on this planet is because "it's the promised land!" which always ends well for the natives as history has shown.

Oh and the Feds were already willing to give them an ENTIRE planet to colonize but the dandruff gals wanted the first one they saw. gently caress their entitled rear end. Bajorans were right on that one.

You make the Skreas sound like Pakleds with bad skin. They just wanted to hang around and farm some area where nobody was living because Cardassians hosed it up so badly, that's it. Also Bajorans do not have poo poo to say when it comes to dumbass prophecies and religious beliefs.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Seriously, if some strangers show up and say "hey your back yard is super lovely if we can plant a garden we'll fix it up and you can have some veggies" I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

criscodisco posted:

Seriously, if some strangers show up and say "hey your back yard is super lovely if we can plant a garden we'll fix it up and you can have some veggies" I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Wah wah our planet got robbed and destroyed by Cardassians come save us Federation people we need all the help we can get!*

*dirty skrreeas not allowed to help us

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

criscodisco posted:

Your pagh is weak.

The backyard is sacred soil of the prophets.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Sacred soil of a vole (that's a Swedish mole) infestation maybe.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

Your pagh is weak.

The backyard is sacred soil of the prophets.

Best things about Vedek Bareil:

#340 - Specifically did not believe in grabbing your ear without asking to feel your intangibles, thought it was stupid, said this to anybody who would listen.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
the prophets are a group of homeless people living in the woods bordering the backyard that huff paint all day but seem to know stuff

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

cheerfullydrab posted:

#340 - Specifically did not believe in grabbing your ear without asking to feel your intangibles, thought it was stupid, said this to anybody who would listen.

See even if it hurt, I'd love to have my ear read. I've always wanted to have my palms read, too. I know it's hokum, but I like hokum sometimes.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

criscodisco posted:

Sacred soil of a vole (that's a Swedish mole) infestation maybe.

Jävla.

cheerfullydrab posted:

And that's why Winn murked him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

the prophets are a group of homeless people living in the woods bordering the backyard that huff paint all day but seem to know stuff

I was thinking about the Prophets a while back and came to the conclusion that they are the ultimate evil in the universe. They manipulated Sisko's dad to make Benjamin and then manipulated events so he would end up on Bajor. This leads me to conclude that they caused the massacre at Wolf 359 to kill Ben's wife so he would be reassigned. They influenced the Cardassians so they would occupy Bajor leading the federation to eventually occupy Deep Space 9. The Prophets are literally responsible for decades of genocide and massacres.

Dukat did nothing wrong.