Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I'm in for Bloodstained, but if there's a Metroidvania I wanna play on a Nintendo system, it'll have metroids in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The Wii U inarguably has certain edges over the PS3 (not least of which is quadruple the RAM), but game devs had a decade to figure out how to get the best performance out of the 360 and PS3, achieving feats that should be impossible (just check out things like Metal Gear Solid 5, which has a PS3/360 version that manages to somehow run). What games have pushed the Wii U to its limits? Xenoblade Chronicles: X (720p/30FPS), despite it's...interesting...character design, has absolutely stunning seamless environments in both NLA and in Mira at large, and you could walk and swim all the way from Primordia to Cauldros without a single loading screen if you so determined. Besides XC:X, there's...well...I guess FAST Racing NEO (720p/60FPS), which, despite being a budget title, pulls off all sorts of fancy visual effects that no other game on the Wii U attempts.

FAST Racing Neo needs to be seen in motion, but even still it really shows off what the Wii U is capable of when people try to put it to the test like that.

EDIT: better picture (courtesy of Digital Foundry):

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 5, 2016

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm not too knowledgable about specs and such but weren't the developers of Need For Speed: Most Wanted specifically able to do more on the Wii U version due to increased power over the 360/PS3?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk about what console had more power or whatever but I do know most if not all of the flagship WiiU games looked beautiful so I'm fine with a new system only being a bit better in graphical terms while still maintaining 60fps across most games.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

soo is the NX gonna be pocket sized? cause for my job I do a bunch of sitting about waiting between stuff so I wouldn't mind having a really cool little console to whip out.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

hemale in pain posted:

soo is the NX gonna be pocket sized? cause for my job I do a bunch of sitting about waiting between stuff so I wouldn't mind having a really cool little console to whip out.

No one knows anything for sure

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

hemale in pain posted:

nintendo has confirmed the nx will not be pocket-sized.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I really wish Fast Racing NEO was a much more interesting game than it ended up being. It looks and runs so well, but the tracks are so boring (which is a super big deal to me, one of the core reasons I loved the F zero series) that I really can barely recommend the game.

Minidust posted:

I'm not too knowledgable about specs and such but weren't the developers of Need For Speed: Most Wanted specifically able to do more on the Wii U version due to increased power over the 360/PS3?

Yeah, the game was done better compared to the other console releases, but not by a super significant amount. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u-face-off

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Paper Triangle posted:

nintendo has confirmed the nx will not be pocket-sized.

Buddy, wait til you see the size of my pockets.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The pocket discussion stops now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's chic now for adults to have some kind of satchel with them at all times. It lets us pretend we're important messengers

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

It's chic now for adults to have some kind of satchel with them at all times. It lets us pretend we're important messengers

Or Indiana Jones.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I, for one, will be adding the NX to may daily loadout. Here's hoping it will fit in the side pocket of my 511 tac pants :cheers:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
it surgically attaches itself to your hands so you can't put it down. you won't need pockets where wii're going.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

greatn posted:

Messengers have bags that can fit a 55" TV. Hopefully it's a handheld with a 55" screen.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My tactical kilt probably has enough room for it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Soul Glo posted:

I'm in for Bloodstained, but if there's a Metroidvania I wanna play on a Nintendo system, it'll have metroids in it.

well metroid Fed Force will be out soon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hemale in pain posted:

It'll probably be tablet-sized, so it'll fit in most normal pockets.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i had a flap sewn to my gut in anticipation of the NX because none of my sweatpants have pockets

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BillmasterCozb posted:

well metroid Fed Force will be out soon

Not a Metroidvania :colbert: Isn't that game a FPS on the 3DS? Yes, why don't I just delete this copy of Overwatch, because the King has arrived.

The NX should proooobably get Overwatch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly looking at preview footage Metroid prime federation force looks a lot like a Zelda game in puzzle design. It's kind of a Zelda fps, with a chapter structure like triforce heroes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Paper Triangle posted:

it surgically attaches itself to your hands so you can't put it down. you won't need pockets where wii're going.
You say that like I would ever put it down in the first place

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Not a Metroidvania :colbert: Isn't that game a FPS on the 3DS? Yes, why don't I just delete this copy of Overwatch, because the King has arrived.

Blizzard are pros at getting their software able to run on anything. If the NX doesn't get Overwatch, it's down to Blizzard deciding there's no market for it on NX.

(A handheld Overwatch with gyroscopic Splatoon-style aiming would be a legitimately new experience with that game.)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

i'd buy nx overwatch if it came with nintendo skins for all the characters that also work on the pc version

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
They better not be putting main line Pokemon games on this thing unless it can fit in a pants pocket.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

There is zero chance this thing is going to fit into standard pockets.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ddogflex posted:

Messengers have bags that can fit a 55" TV. Hopefully it's a handheld with a 55" screen.

My uncle at Nintendo said they perfected unrollable screen technology, so it will be.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm just going to get an LCD tattoo and play it on my arm.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does n3dsxl fit in a pocket? That thing looks huge

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The n3dsxl can fit fully in the front pocket of my jeans (Levi 514s, so it should fit in just about any other jeans), but it isn't exactly practical to walk around like that.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Germstore posted:

The n3dsxl can fit fully in the front pocket of my jeans (Levi 514s, so it should fit in just about any other jeans), but it isn't exactly practical to walk around like that.

I walk around with my n3dsxl in my front jeans pocket pretty often, and I don't even notice it unless I happen to have a lot of stuff I want to put in my pockets that day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Dexo posted:

The Wii U was more powerful than a PS3 tho?

Like Every Wii U game p much ran at 1080/60 besides poo poo like split screen Multiplayer on Mario Kart.

As opposed to the 900p/30 most games ran at on the PS3(besideds like CoD multiplayer and other exceptions.)

whether or not wii u was more powerful u understand this argument doesnt prove it either way rite?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Since there isn't a general Wii U thread anymore... Has anyone played both the disc and the virtual console versions of Xenoblade Chronicles? I tried it out for the first time and noticed the disc seems to chug a lot with a bit of a lag when opening menus. I did some googling to see if the VC version runs better by virtue of being on the drive already, and the few opinions I found seem split: one thread even claimed the VC was a bad port that had performance issues worse than the disc. There isn't a lot of discussion that I could find so I was wondering if anyone here had input.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

I walk around with my n3dsxl in my front jeans pocket pretty often, and I don't even notice it unless I happen to have a lot of stuff I want to put in my pockets that day.

What type of fit?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

JNCO

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Since there isn't a general Wii U thread anymore... Has anyone played both the disc and the virtual console versions of Xenoblade Chronicles? I tried it out for the first time and noticed the disc seems to chug a lot with a bit of a lag when opening menus. I did some googling to see if the VC version runs better by virtue of being on the drive already, and the few opinions I found seem split: one thread even claimed the VC was a bad port that had performance issues worse than the disc. There isn't a lot of discussion that I could find so I was wondering if anyone here had input.

Oh hey I have! Except the disc version wasn't slow for me because I downloaded the "free DLC" that exists just to put most of the game on your external drive, as I initially played the game from a rental copy and downloaded it while waiting for it to arrive, then bought it on the eShop outright later. If you download the "DLC" there really isn't a noticeable difference between eShop and disc, and I didn't feel burdened by load times either way.

As such, get it in whichever format you prefer, and be prepared for a 10+GB download either way.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Germstore posted:

What type of fit?

I had to check..Levi's relaxed straight... I guess that makes sense, it claims to have more room in the hip.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i hate that you guys that can put your consoles in your pockets. i have to turn my cell phone sideways to fit in in my front pockets, let alone carry something like a 3DS around.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Instant Sunrise posted:

i hate that you guys that can put your consoles in your pockets. i have to turn my cell phone sideways to fit in in my front pockets, let alone carry something like a 3DS around.
:raise: I'm racking my brain trying to think of more than one way to put a phone in a pocket. Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Minidust posted:

:raise: I'm racking my brain trying to think of more than one way to put a phone in a pocket. Help.

women's jeans have tiny pockets and aren't usually deep enough to hold an iphone without turning it on its side :ssh:

• Locked thread