Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I have the strongest boner.

Unkar Plett seems way too fun for bumping shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

alg posted:

Lol the official forums are melting down right now.

Wait what? Those ships make me extremely hyped, just on the minis alone. People are annoyed that it's Episode 7 stuff or what? idgi

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What are we going to vocally call the BMST? Can't think of any nicknames that flow nicely.

BS tools ? Bums?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Finster Dexter posted:

Wait what? Those ships make me extremely hyped, just on the minis alone. People are annoyed that it's Episode 7 stuff or what? idgi

Mostly about Sabine's TIE. I can only imagine it's misogyny / anti Disney sentiment lol

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
A Score to Settle is really solid.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

alg posted:

Mostly about Sabine's TIE. I can only imagine it's misogyny / anti Disney sentiment lol

They're mad because people can now purchase Sabine's paintjob instead of commissioning them for their lovingly crafted (lovely) paintjobs.

I'm glad since that means I don't have to paint the inside of the tie panels. I never painted the inside of my wampa's panels and now it comes premade. I was looking for a nice excuse to use oranges and yellows again anyway.

e: oh. Kylo's shuttle. Guess I'm gonna ditch the old plans and put the waifu decals on that instead. Wings are at the perfect angle for maximum table visibility too.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 5, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, for zero points it's pretty good. Maybe really nasty on Vader, actually, with ATC, Double crits all day.

Or on Wedge, actually. More action economy, save focus for defence or take a TL action for offence. Or barrel roll with the new mod.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It looks like the Hound's Tooth has stiff competition in the "ship that's a huge pain in the rear end to store and transport" contest.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

e: oh. Kylo's shuttle. Guess I'm gonna ditch the old plans and put the waifu decals on that instead. Wings are at the perfect angle for maximum table visibility too.

Hahaha holy poo poo that will be awesome. What about an anime Poe on one of the wings?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
New ships, gently caress yes. Cool looking ships? Fucker yes.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It appears the quadjumper has some kind of reverse and the new shuttle has the coordinate action.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Hmmm, should I go e-1 and C3p0 or Plasma Torps and Chips on Ten Numb? (He also has mangler)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I don't know that I'm a big fan of how the last two waves seem to be putting more and more of an emphasis on unique pilots/upgrades. Both the ARC and the Rebel TIE set have no unique pilots, and the Rebel Tie expac comes with five upgrades, four of which are themselves unique.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I would laugh if the PS1 quadjumper was 13 pts.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Finster Dexter posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo that will be awesome. What about an anime Poe on one of the wings?

:ssh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chill la Chill posted:

What are we going to vocally call the BMST? Can't think of any nicknames that flow nicely.

BS tools ? Bums?

A Binayre Pirate with slicer tools is a "Banana Slicer"

Wowzer, that shuttle has 4 attack, and two Tech slots :eyepop:

I am most interested to see the Quadjumper dial, a maneuver dial with no fewer than six different speed "1" maneuvers.
A 1 speed K turn?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

canyoneer posted:

A Binayre Pirate with slicer tools is a "Banana Slicer"

Wowzer, that shuttle has 4 attack, and two Tech slots :eyepop:

I am most interested to see the Quadjumper dial, a maneuver dial with no fewer than six different speed "1" maneuvers.
A 1 speed K turn?

Might be a 1 speed reverse.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kai Tave posted:

I don't know that I'm a big fan of how the last two waves seem to be putting more and more of an emphasis on unique pilots/upgrades. Both the ARC and the Rebel TIE set have no unique pilots, and the Rebel Tie expac comes with five upgrades, four of which are themselves unique.

It definitely sucks, especially for the ARC.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A Debt To Pay condition is given by a zero point EPT that works like Calculation on a single target, but not requiring you spend a focus token? Hello Bossk!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Deviant posted:

Deviant X Wang Status Update:

Loss, 100-74
Win, 100-66

If I win my third I'll keep playing. If not I'll drop I guess.

Also one of my local friends won't shut up that he beat Paul Heaver. And I would have won that first game but I forgot juke beats c3p0. :(

Round 3: win, 100-0. I guess I'm not dropping.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That quadjumper as a blocker is going to be hysterical.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

Stop blaming the devs cause you hate the new ships. Its not there fault they like a lot of us are just doing a job. Its the new bosses fault a boss that looks like a mouse and is named Disney. If you hate the ships so much just find joy in blowing them off the table when they come out. 

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Holy poo poo why are people so angry about this game?

This stuff looks awesome! New things are always appreciated. New mechanics keep the game fresh!

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I like these ships a lot. Good alternative cheap options for Rebels and Scum, and another solid big chunky ship to pair with an ace or two for Imps. Filling in the holes more.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
What are the chances that anyone at Disney actually gives a poo poo about the X-Wing Miniatures Tabletop Game by Fantasy Flight Games beyond simply license approvals? I mean I guess they had someone devise the Raider for them so there's that, but the people posting to the FFG forums must be huffing industrial-grade farts if they thought for a second that FFG was ever not going to mine Rebels the cartoon for everything it's worth. I'm fully expecting to see Scum get some sort of Mining Guild TIE down the line.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Is there any way to get replacement dials? I lost my yt-2400 one I think

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is there any way to get replacement dials? I lost my yt-2400 one I think

Send FFG an email from their support section. They're very good about replacing things, possibly even if you've had the ship a while.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Send FFG an email from their support section. They're very good about replacing things, possibly even if you've had the ship a while.

Just expect the replacement dial to show up 8 weeks after submitting a request.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm hyped.

Beyond what everyone else has said, the Kylo Ren's Shuttle title looks really strong. I'm definitely curious to see the pricing on the generic.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait, fourth quarter 2016?! Even allowing for FFG time and putting that in March, that's three waves and (likely) two supplementary sets in less than a year!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ha ha coordinate + quickdraw

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I'm really mad we're getting cool new ships that actually have screentime and not hideous EU abominations like the assault gunboat, because reasons

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Pretty good going on the bingo today.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Manbabies crying on facebook cos they don't like this wave is very lol indeed

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, fourth quarter 2016?! Even allowing for FFG time and putting that in March, that's three waves and (likely) two supplementary sets in less than a year!

Yeah, fourth quarter of 2016 won't happen. We'll be lucky if this is first quarter 2017.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Panzeh posted:

The Guavian Death Gang's score is unique? Tell that to Kanjiklub.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I was hoping we'd get the Rogue One ships for Wave 10, but these are all ships I wanted, too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

Yeah, fourth quarter of 2016 won't happen. We'll be lucky if this is first quarter 2017.

I just think it's really interesting that there was such a huge lull after Wave 8 and now we're getting Wave 10 announcements before Wave 9 even hits stores.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My dick is right directly in my hand over the Upsilon.

As the First Order continues to come into its own as a sub-faction, I really need Curled Paw Creatives to design and release a goddamn maneuver template set of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Why does the quadjumper have 5 tractor tokens :stare:

• Locked thread