Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

Chomp8645 posted:

I see two main strategies for short dudes.

1. Find an even shorter chick I mean seriously women get down like to 5' 0" it's ridiculous.

2. Date an 6'6" or higher Amazon of a woman. They are used to being the tall one anyway and maybe it will be fun always being at boob height.

Become rich, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

radiatinglines posted:

I think the ultimate nice guy music would be slow instrumental rock with orchestral backing a la explosions in the sky

Hey There Delilah or that 1234 song by the Plain White T's.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mike Posner seems like a Nice Guy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Become rich, problem solved.

Nah like look at all the tech worker weirdos who got a ton of money but are still too broken to have relationships-- they end up obsessed with women sponging on them while loving Chad "Alimony" Thundercock every night they're stuck in the office.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm gonna play the Attack on Titan soundtrack in my house in front of guests and feign ignorance as to it's origin.

I'm just saying, if you keep your loving mouth shut, you could conceivably play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oV6cVVXCqQ

But good loving luck playing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk6Z6eQWF4U

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I see two main strategies for short dudes.

1. Find an even shorter chick I mean seriously women get down like to 5' 0" it's ridiculous.

2. Date an 6'6" or higher Amazon of a woman. They are used to being the tall one anyway and maybe it will be fun always being at boob height.

I'm 5' 7" and the women I've dated have all been my height plus or minus an inch or two. You're not doomed if you're short, except that you might have to work a little harder at the other stuff depending on who you're going after (hygiene, being a cool dude, etc.)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

mind the walrus posted:

Nah like look at all the tech worker weirdos who got a ton of money but are still too broken to have relationships-- they end up obsessed with women sponging on them while loving Chad "Alimony" Thundercock every night they're stuck in the office.

That's because, besides being horribly broken human beings, they live in communities that are like 70% male

Don't do that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually it was an important moment in my life when I overheard the girl at our college who wore a cape saying "I love power metal" and I was like, poo poo, that's it, no more power metal.

Every once in a while I'll sneak a track by Helloween and remember the innocent days of garbage music :qq:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

mind the walrus posted:

The Smiths are the best nice guy music to grow up loving because once you listen to them and are kind-of disgusted by how whiny they are you know that you've grown up.

I love The Smiths, but Morrissey is only tolerable when you realize (or imagine) his whining is a big inside joke. Nobody can be THAT pathetic, right?

Also, I listen to all kinds of weird poo poo, and my wife is indifferent or dislikes a lot of it. It turns out that liking the same music isn't the bedrock of solid relationships.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007
...and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Leon Einstein posted:

I love The Smiths, but Morrissey is only tolerable when you realize (or imagine) his whining is a big inside joke. Nobody can be THAT pathetic, right?

Also, I listen to all kinds of weird poo poo, and my wife is indifferent or dislikes a lot of it. It turns out that liking the same music isn't the bedrock of solid relationships.

i heard he's got powder kegs between his legs

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Add It Up by the Violent Femmes is a Nice Guy/incel anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7y9yChV478

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Add It Up by the Violent Femmes is a Nice Guy/incel anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7y9yChV478

This is a great song tho

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, media preferences are like the stupidest thing that people think makes them compatible. But it's a surprisingly common attitude. "We both like Dr Who, we're meant to be!!!!*"

*I guarantee at least 4,000 terrible relationships started on exactly this premise

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hHbVvTuuV4

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Pick posted:

Actually it was an important moment in my life when I overheard the girl at our college who wore a cape saying "I love power metal" and I was like, poo poo, that's it, no more power metal.

Every once in a while I'll sneak a track by Helloween and remember the innocent days of garbage music :qq:

Walls of Jericho is shame-free listening

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

More posts about nice guys, less posts about music that I couldn't give less of a gently caress about.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

i like that posted:

Social market value ^ (remember when doing ^ to talk to posters was bannable)

It's not ^ it's when people future quote replies

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

WampaLord posted:

More posts about nice guys, less posts about music that I couldn't give less of a gently caress about.

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

WampaLord posted:

go gently caress yourself

edit: that's not a song title

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
anyone remember Dashboard Confessional?

As for now I'm gonna hear the saddest songs
And sit alone and wonder
How you're making out
But as for me, I wish that I was anywhere with anyone
Making out.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's really fantastic that I don't feel the dread of seeing a text from an unknown number that says "File attached" every other day

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
'Ween' is one of the most used words by white men on OkCupid, or at least was a couple of years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/28/seven-secrets-of-dating-from-the-experts-at-okcupid

They really do seem like the fat neckbeard kinda band.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

radiatinglines posted:

This is a great song tho

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't capture these guys' mindsets as well

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

And sit alone and wonder
How you're making out
Making out.

Oh god you reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxzdnZVIp0

:allears:

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

And sit alone and wonder
How you're making out
Making out.

Are they the "her hair is everywhere" guys?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

'Ween' is one of the most used words by white men on OkCupid, or at least was a couple of years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/28/seven-secrets-of-dating-from-the-experts-at-okcupid

They really do seem like the fat neckbeard kinda band.

I don't like horror movies.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

...beets.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Goon Love is the Beet Love

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Whence nice guys and beets chance to meet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voVY3-Xe8KY

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weezer's "Pinkerton" was the perfect album for high school sad sack-nice guys who can't get laid. Rivers Cuomo wrote most of the songs while high on painkillers!

Tracks included:
- Whining about getting hurt by girls
- Japanese culture
- Lesbians???

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Girls will gently caress short guys if they're ripped.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

dog buttz posted:

Girls will gently caress short guys if they're ripped.

Or funny, or charming, or weird, or any other reason as long as the short guy has bigger fish to fry than being self concious about his height. Some women will still really really care about height but seriously, as a towering giant, I wouldn't want such shallowness to suckle on my penis anyway so why should short people care.

I'm surrounded by friends who are short but also very charming and funny and they get laid all the drat time. Makes a brother feel inadequate about his stable relationship.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Lkke seriously just get bigger fish to fry than waiting forever on no drat woman. Ever since I got my life goals prioritized my lonely lonely incel life not only disappeared but also I dont even remember it anymore.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Many incel guys dont view life as a learning experience. Who is good at flirting at first? Nobody. First time you try to hunt for pussy youre probably gonna send a dick pic or say 'hey wanna gently caress' while looking all cramped up from anxiety to some random girl.

Then the incels never make the connection to think "Hmmm, this didnt work, how can I narrow my technique down from 'nothing' and 'send dick pic' and develop something a little more personal and charming in between those two things?"

Instead its all about sexual marketplace or whatever.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

They basically apply videogame logic to reality and relationships. Unsuprisingly this doesn't end well

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Instead its all about sexual marketplace or whatever.

The fact that they so commonly speak specifically about the "market value" of a person's sex appeal makes me think they are libertarians in which case they are terrible people who don't deserve sex anyway.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Spatial posted:

They basically apply videogame logic to reality and relationships. Unsuprisingly this doesn't end well

Its sad, and weird. Because as soon as one of those guys actually get to have sex, all these stupid rules about chad thundercock just ceases to mean anything. But that is also stupid, because our society should NOT place such value on losing virginity. Masculinity is waaaay to strictly defined about these things and then you get weirdo incels as a by product of that and nobody is happy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spatial posted:

"That woman NPC doesn't like me or doesn't want to date me at this exact moment their emotion is forever set in stone and will negatively affect my end of game score. This would not have happened if I had a gun my start of game stats were higher"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

The fact that they so commonly speak specifically about the "market value" of a person's sex appeal makes me think they are libertarians in which case they are terrible people who don't deserve sex anyway.

honestly using accusations of libertarian leanings to "just world" other people is pretty funny

• Locked thread