Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Lyrics suck, singing sucks, doesn't sound like Brandon Flowers. 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

CheeseFactory posted:

That's loving awful.

Is that the same no talent moron who make the Petorian Foil parody?

Because that was bad too.

Really bad.

Actually, the Praetorian Foil one was cool and good.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Is there something new with Oryx not being able to get one shot at 16 orbs? We got 16 orbs twice now and he only got down to half health. Wtf?????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Either someone didn't detonate or a monster ate some orbs when you weren't looking.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

Either someone didn't detonate or a monster ate some orbs when you weren't looking.

We saw all 16 of the orbs pop on the final round.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

MarshyMcFly posted:

Is there something new with Oryx not being able to get one shot at 16 orbs? We got 16 orbs twice now and he only got down to half health. Wtf?????

Are you detonating them all properly? Keeping dps up on his chesticles while the bombs are being detonated?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Either someone is dying before the bombs actually detonate or someone isn't pulling their weight.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Dopants posted:

Are you detonating them all properly? Keeping dps up on his chesticles while the bombs are being detonated?

Sure was.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sleeper loving Simulant. :colbert:

http://i.imgur.com/8877adg.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwuAxFUhQuU

(we had four players that whole game, and ended up winning it because I'm so rad)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dopants posted:

Keeping dps up on his chesticles

Your two center people weren't doing this. 100% the problem.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/PM5QcJL.gifv

President Cruz has been impeached.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Been playing around with some new weapon combos.

https://youtu.be/QFKJGlR6SkU

Was using Oversoul Edict and Plan C. Fun combo.

Decided to use Plan C after some dude using it in trials nearly caused us to lose. And Oversoul is just a full auto Grasp. So it works well.

Plan C seems to have heaps of aim assist when using it quick swap function.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 5, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Making kids upset in r/destinythegame by stating how unfun was 2.0 at launch never gets old.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got a Villainy with rangefinder, braced frame, feeding frenzy last night. I haven't tested it out yet, but on paper that seems...really good? It's like a Nirwen's with way more range. Braced puts it just under max stability.

The only problem is that it's a bad archetype and nothing will ever be better than vendor Hawksaw.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

I've ran into this before- the middle guys need to keep damaging Oryx to keep his chest open. Constant cries of "omg glitchy" until we made adjustments.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

Been playing around with some new weapon combos.

https://youtu.be/QFKJGlR6SkU

Was using Oversoul Edict and Plan C. Fun combo.

Decided to use Plan C after some dude using it in trials nearly caused us to lose. And Oversoul is just a full auto Grasp. So it works well.

Plan C seems to have heaps of aim assist when using it quick swap function.

I'm fairly positive that Plan C has Hidden Hand as a secret perk. I've gotten a stupid amount of bullshit kills with it from close to pulse range.

Sometimes I forget about the quickcharge and end up shooting the pellets way too early, but for those moments when you have a titan running straight at you and they disappears in a cloud of arc, Plan C is the best.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stolen from Reddit:

quote:

Hi I thought I'd provide some cliff notes on the GI Podcast from today. Mods, if this isn't allowed, my sincere apologies and please (obviously) feel free to delete :)

General game:

Overall it's a fantastic expansion
Not as funny as TTK
Ghost hams it up a bit more with no Cayde 6. They aren't sure it completely works, but given focus is on us not characters they recognise you need a large supporting cast and can't rely on Cayde 6
You get tokens for the "heroic deeds" in the plaguelands, which are pretty much patrols, kill enemy types, etc. Importantly, it's "not too grindy", and easy to do. 3 artifacts on sale per week, gotta catch them all!
Previous expansions have been "enemy focused" - this isn't so much; whilst it has a strong emphasis on Taken Fallen and SIVA it's really about the Iron Lords and your journey to being one and getting the order re-established.
I think you're referred to in-game as "the Young Wolf" a la Jon Snow Robb Stark
There are fragments similar to TTK to collect
There are more hidden ghosts of course
Mimic chests: poison chests that give you something nasty to worry about instead of something good
New area starts out as familiar, a la Cosmodrome, but as you go deeper in and towards the Fallen fortress it all gets a lot more weird
Story is probably short, and the actual story-telling isn't really a step up from TTK
Artifacts are going to be awesome, but they didn't seem to think they'd be particularly game-breaking in any way Class items with shaders were a hit
Archon's Forge:

Fair to describe it as a mix between CoO and PoE
Encounters are longer, about 5 minutes
Varying difficulty
A sort of horde mode - enemies come in waves
Arena is more PoE size than CoO
Still co-operative beyond your fireteam.
Chunkier, more in-depth engagements than CoO
Strikes:

One new strike
Plays with the concept of variable play through, which is new. IE, you will get different encounters on different playthrough.
Different doors will open leading to different fights
The re-done strikes are much more robustly redone.
Completely new dialogue. A reason for why we're "going back" to these places
Re-done strikes are Phogoth and Devil's Lair. Sounded pretty impressed with them
Raid:

Sounds loving awesome frankly
Thematically, it's about "collision"
Unlike previous raids, there is a fair bit of outdoor action in this, and you can see the area from other parts of the Plaguelands
They failed miserably in the run through they had of various encounters, as it was quite hard
Apparently the encounters are a lot of fun - the Death Zamboni was regarded as the most fun engagement one of the hardcore Destiny guys has had
Crucible:

They really liked the new mode. They liked how you can play support, so if you're not so great at shooting you can collect the crests and do other stuff
Iron Banner:

Big changes, some of which have been revealed, but are quite major and an important part, thematically
It's more accessible without losing focus on what works
Regarding the Temper buff they think you'll actually hit level 5 earlier than you would have previously, but that you'll keep playing for the cool rewards
Very cool that you can wear whatever gear and shaders
Social space:

Wolves very cool. Can't be petted (PREORDER CANCELED)
Armour:

Apparently very cool. Buy the mag to find out more apparently
Record Book:

Works really well to show you what you should be focusing on You constantly get rewards (armour, guns, shaders etc) for completing each say 10% of stuff
Ornaments:

They do change the geometry, so a fundamental aesthetic change. Applies to each piece so you collect ornaments.
Also ones that apply specifically to exotic weapons - he could change his Monte Carlo colour for eg

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I can't at very least pet the loving dog? What the gently caress, Bungie? :mad:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Maybe we'll be able to harvest cloaks from it. :getin:

(For the hunter wusses)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Death Zamboni is my favorite Canadian metal band.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I like that their response to critics saying the raids have too much "stand in a specific area and shoot" by making stages where you literally can't stand in one place at all. This looks epic and for the win

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hopefully you can knee slide into it and it flies 30 feet into the air yapping the whole way.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Are Three of Coins carrying over?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

^burtle posted:

Are Three of Coins carrying over?

truly the first thing they should've announced about the expansion imho

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I can't imagine why they wouldn't

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Oh god not looking forward to getting eaten by chests again!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MarshyMcFly posted:

Oh god not looking forward to getting eaten by chests again!

Curt Schilling was on to something

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Game Informer article about the Khvostov. Weapon parts for the gun drop from various activities/sharding the OG gun, works towards some kind of sleeper-esque quest?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

Weapon parts for the gun drop from various activities/sharding the OG gun

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha loving YES

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why does the kolstov have a perk for muzzle velocity

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha loving YES

:parrot::respek::parrot:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"We estimate there are more than 100 different configurations for this exotic"

No need to estimate- there are 108, not counting the cosmetic ornaments.

I still think 1 will end up getting called out as the best and it'll 90% of the khostovs you run into.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't watch the video at work and none of the nerds on Reddit are talking about the fire rate, is 900 RPM the 88 or 100 archetype?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Get back into VoG and farm them fatebringers boys, because sharding specific guns to make new versions is a thing!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Get back into VoG and farm them fatebringers boys, because sharding specific guns to make new versions is a thing!

I can see them doing it with the Khostov because of it's uniqueness but gently caress them if they do it with anything else.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Seriously it says one of the perks on the gun is increased muzzle velocity

Since when do non sidearms have muzzle velocity that could be increased.

Am I crazy

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Seriously it says one of the perks on the gun is increased muzzle velocity

Since when do non sidearms have muzzle velocity that could be increased.

Am I crazy

It's an expansion, they add new perks with new expansions.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I sharded my OG khvostovs so I'm hosed, boys

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Muzzle velocity to this point has been meaningless for hitscan weapons. Sidearms shoot projectiles (ie, like fusion bolts) and they added the muzzle velocity trait with TTK to try and make sidearms not suck.

So I guess that means the new gun is a projectile type weapon. Or it means something completely different now because why would Bungie ever make perk descriptions consistent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Right ok but

If a gun has any muzzle velocity beyond instant (hit scan) that's kind of a big deal. I mean none of the primaries currently do that. They are all hit scan. Is it a non hit scan primary? That's kinda crazy.

xzzy posted:

Muzzle velocity to this point has been meaningless for hitscan weapons. Sidearms shoot projectiles (ie, like fusion bolts) and they added the muzzle velocity trait with TTK to try and make sidearms not suck.

So I guess that means the new gun is a projectile type weapon. Or it means something completely different now because why would Bungie ever make perk descriptions consistent?

That is defiantly a possibility.

• Locked thread