Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i know you quinoa types out in reseda are unfamiliar with 'heels' but theyre actually very fun to watch

I've seen plenty of Silas Young and if that's your definition of fun, I can see why you'd settle for that middling product you're getting out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a good chance at least one LU guy is in that tournament and I'm buying tickets if it's Pentagon

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a good chance at least one LU guy is in that tournament and I'm buying tickets if it's Pentagon

AAW books at least a couple LU guys for practically every show they run these days, I don't think you have anything to worry about

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Winner gets a shot at the title at the Windy City Classic (their biggest show of the year) and Pentagon is currently the champ so fair chance he's not in the tourney. first year they've run it so would be weird to specify the stipulation and then subvert it right off the bat

Oatgan will tell you Ciampa's gonna beat Pentagon in September though and then the tourney will be FOR the belt which could make sense

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Silas Young is ok, quinoa is really good.

Fight me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's a vaguely-in-order list of who i think are potential remaining people, with the caveat that i havent looked at anybodys booked tours/dates

LOCK: Josh Alexander, Chris Hero, Sami Callihan
LIKELY: Trevor Lee, Zack Sabre Jr., Michael Elgin, Cedric Alexander curtain call
PUSH: Eddie Kingston, AR Fox, Dezmond Xavier, Moose, Heidi Lovelace, Andrew Everett, Mat Fitchett
UNLIKELY: Timothy Thatcher, Candice Lerae, Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Cody Rhodes, Juice Robinson, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards

WILDCARD: Fenix, ACH, Drew Galloway, Matt Cross, Dragon Azteca Jr., King Cuerno, Drago, Aerostar, Peter Kaasa, Fred Yehi, Lio Rush, Jimmy Rave

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Just like goons to count out the wrecking ball, Bull James

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think Cody said he's already booked up through the end of the year, but of course it's possible he knew this tournament was happening before they announced it and signed on already.

I don't know if Cedric's announced any dates beyond the immediate future but I wouldn't count on him being available. King of Pro Wrestling is October 10th so Elgin will probably be in Japan.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Of all the fly-ins you could have Jigsaw is who you choose?

Unless he's riding with the rest of the baggage.

Yeah he's an odd choice, we had him at a random attack pro show in Bristol earlier in the year too

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Dragon Azteca Jr

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think Cody said he's already booked up through the end of the year, but of course it's possible he knew this tournament was happening before they announced it and signed on already.

I don't know if Cedric's announced any dates beyond the immediate future but I wouldn't count on him being available. King of Pro Wrestling is October 10th so Elgin will probably be in Japan.

looks like Cody is booked Oct. 6-8 in the UK so yeah he and Elgin would be out
just guessing that Cedric might still be finishing up dates since we know the wwe process is a long one. like we've known Ciampa's signing was imminent for months and he's still booked in september

then again I would not have guessed at Chuckie T being on the card either so shows what I know

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I swear there used to be a place on the observer site where you could get a big list of every indie promotion running a show in the next two months

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If anyone wants to say hi I'll be the overweight guy with a beard

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hi Chris

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Mob posted:

If anyone wants to say hi I'll be the overweight guy with a beard

I'll be there tonight.. I'll be the short guy with the Ziggler #HEEL shirt.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LMAO

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Was that the promotion that co-organized the Bustin' for Autism show that del Rio no showed?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Welcome to the era of the Big Guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIvON03Av3B/

Really excited for this. He worked as hard as anyone at the end of his WWE run. I don't know if I'd call him good, but he tried and it'll be fun to see how he does.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Get the big guy in BOLA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

your move, AAW

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

FW: PWG, AAW, SMASH, Beyond, Progress, SSW

bookthebigguy@yahoo.com

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Guy vs AR Fox would get me to watch AAA

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Brian Cage and Ryback as a tag team called Feed the Machine.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ryback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cody Rhodes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ryback sucks and I would prefer that he not wrestle on shows that I would otherwise want to watch

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Insatiable loving Machines

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

Yet again, TEW2013 becomes real

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ryback is cool

https://twitter.com/ShakeThemRopes/status/761658996885450752
https://twitter.com/ShakeThemRopes/status/761659217484931072

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
If Cody is any indication, Ryback's gonna have as many bookings on demand as he wants for a good long time. So long as he doesn't demand STOOOPID money.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

If Cody is any indication, Ryback's gonna have as many bookings on demand as he wants for a good long time. So long as he doesn't demand STOOOPID money.

He has gotten hundreds of inquiries already he'll be fine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I have to imagine he loses this like Christian lost the Captain Charisma trademark he filed for after WWE neglected to.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ryback sucks and I would prefer that he not wrestle on shows that I would otherwise want to watch

Bad conclusion to come to.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Danny LaFever posted:

Bad conclusion to come to.

I feel pretty good about it actually

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I have to imagine he loses this like Christian lost the Captain Charisma trademark he filed for after WWE neglected to.

He apparently owns the catchphrase straight up and WWE missed out completely. He also has an LCC called Feed Me More he made around the time WWE finally decided to trademark Feed Me More. Possible unrelated but didn't WWE's trademark for former Diva Kaitlyn just get approved this year lmao.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

He apparently owns the catchphrase straight up and WWE missed out completely. He also has an LCC called Feed Me More he made around the time WWE finally decided to trademark Feed Me More. Possible unrelated but didn't WWE's trademark for former Diva Kaitlyn just get approved this year lmao.

If the catchphrase was created while he was with WWE he's going to have trouble with it. Christian owned "Captain Charisma" for awhile but lost it because it was just something WWE neglected to file for, when they did they got it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If the catchphrase was created while he was with WWE he's going to have trouble with it. Christian owned "Captain Charisma" for awhile but lost it because it was just something WWE neglected to file for, when they did they got it.

Well he's got a clothing line, a business, a website, and supplements coming out all with Feed Me More and the Ryback R logo so maybe things are going to get amazing in the next couple of days. He also apparently owns the nickname the Big Guy and filed for that before WWE did.

Actually I think the whole reason he was taken off TV was exactly this reason once WWE found out.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 6, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He should have Shannon Moore be his manager with an endless tray of Panera sandwiches at ringside

"Feed me, Moore!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With all that stuff he has upcoming that's riding on that phrase, he has to be pretty confident they aren't going to pursue anything in terms of the trademark