Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
if i were really high up in the army i would probably hate it a lot less too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I have to sign back in from 2 weeks of leave today and it makes me feel terrible. I had a nightmare that I signed in and immediately got put on staff duty.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nightmares are just premonitions of future realities.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gently caress you got mine

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Soulex posted:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Soulex posted:

Says it all

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Guys, what the duck is Grog and why are these people so excited drinking it?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Also, bow ties on ASUs are ugly. Learn how to half Windsor, fools

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

J.A.B.C. posted:

lol I almost forgot about grog. Did they rebuild that place finally? It burned down when I was in OSUT

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

J.A.B.C. posted:

It's free booze and it's free booze.

Usually too sweet for my taste.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Oh god the commanders are reciting unit history with liquor in their hands what hell have I stumbled into?

And then its just thrown in a bowl and the csm is drinking it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
welcome to hell

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

J.A.B.C. posted:

Oh god the commanders are reciting unit history with liquor in their hands what hell have I stumbled into?

And then its just thrown in a bowl and the csm is drinking it.

lmfao if you don't have a DD or the ability to walk home or cab money, just lmfao

at the last function they had various groups perform skits. some were actually, for real funny. But, of course, to make it MORE WACKY, the MC threw changes into the skits and hosed up their music. Hahahaha, what's funnier than a skit with hosed up cues?!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

Hahahaha, what's funnier than a skit with hosed up cues?!

a bunch of retards in the army doing it

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Mike-o posted:

a bunch of retards in the army doing it

One of the captains had a few too many, forgot his line.

"We made two historic jumps! One onto the Yalu River."

"..."

This has been amazing so far.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Getting drunk at Army functions is always great IMO. Usually no one fucks with you, and sometimes cool poo poo happens. Like I walked out of a party wearing a lieutenant's dress uniform. A South African Lieutenant.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

our 1st sgt at the only military ball I attended put all E-1/E-2 that could drink on his tab.

The bartenders didn't know how to differentiate rank and they didn't card us.

1st sgt probably broke the following morning.

Army Strong gooah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Offering to pay for a bunch of people's drinks at a military ball? Might as well just go buy a car at Army Base Auto if you're gonna be that stupid.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

well it was an infantry unit, and national guard to boot. It's not like the average I.Q was hitting triple digits in that place.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Only time I got drunk at a Army function was when I pulled color guard for a memorial ceremony on Bragg. My Lt. Let us drink on his tab.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
When I was on Embassy Duty, me and the Gunny from MSG were the last ones to leave a reception at the Ambassador's residence. We basically drank all the beer we could in two hours.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I like how at Army functions the last door prize they hand out is the DUI to a senior leader after you've already gone home as soon as it was reasonable to do so.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just helped my girlfriend out with some homework where she had to learn about Microsoft Access. The homework involved setting up forms to make tables that had data like names and phone numbers and addresses, etc. My first thought was that that would've been handy to know when I was the paper bitch in my platoons updating PII in excel when access is so much easier once you know how to use it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
one of the first classes i took at my school was a microsoft office class and access was one of the portions of it. i didn't even know what access was beforehand but yeah i can definitely see how it would benefit platoons.

still a pain in the dick to learn though but that might be because i was ridiculously uninterested at the time.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
While I was on leave, apparently a bunch of people in my shop failed an APFT so now PT is mandatory for us again. Thanks, dickheads.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
:qq:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Aranan posted:

While I was on leave, apparently a bunch of people in my shop failed an APFT so now PT is mandatory for us again. Thanks, dickheads.

what is PT

lol if you're still in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

serves you right

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:bahgawd: WHEN I WAS IN THE INFANTRY :bahgawd: we just called mandatory PT "PT"

i'm dumb and gay for having enlisted as an 11b but i'm out now so fygm smdftb

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mike-o posted:

:bahgawd: WHEN I WAS IN THE INFANTRY :bahgawd: we just called mandatory PT "PT"

i'm dumb and gay for having enlisted as an 11b but i'm out now so fygm smdftb

Same

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
GITUP OVER THAT WALL, SOLDIER

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

I just helped my girlfriend out with some homework where she had to learn about Microsoft Access. The homework involved setting up forms to make tables that had data like names and phone numbers and addresses, etc. My first thought was that that would've been handy to know when I was the paper bitch in my platoons updating PII in excel when access is so much easier once you know how to use it.

I bet you can't do matrix operations or program macros in Access :goonsay: I do all of my unit roster paperwork in Matlab

and by unit roster paperwork I mean big boy homework assignments in university which I go to for free because I am out gently caress you troopers

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Aranan posted:

You have a choice?

All but one unit I've been in makes a loving stink if I am not at PT for pretty much any reason. My only sick call in two years? loving shammer! Run on that busted ankle like a real soldier hooah!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My shop is split up working night shift, swing shift, and a few on days. Worked fine for a year where we'd just work out on our own after work whenever that was and take the apft when required.

Then four people failed (one guy failed 2 separate events and got a 12! on one event) so here we are. Stupid people like this are why we get treated like kids. They don't even know how good we have it where I'm at.

I kniw, I know. gently caress me 'cause I'm still in.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Aranan posted:

Then four people failed (one guy failed 2 separate events and got a 12! on one event) so here we are. Stupid people like this are why we get treated like kids. They don't even know how good we have it where I'm at.

That's some dedication right there.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aranan posted:

Then four people failed (one guy failed 2 separate events and got a 12! on one event) so here we are.

Wow.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I was grading a dude when I was still in, and he heard me count the minimum number and stood up. For PU and SU. Command was PISSED. He was like "what? I passed."

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Change the PT test to P/F and watch the entire army burn down.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Soulex posted:

I was grading a dude when I was still in, and he heard me count the minimum number and stood up. For PU and SU. Command was PISSED. He was like "what? I passed."

Reminds me of when my CSM had a loving meltdown when we had a week long NCOPD. We had a not for record APFT and half of us just did the bare minimum and got up. I was the unlucky one that CSM caught when I got up at at 57 sit ups. After he found out I only did 45 push up and my reasoning was "It wasn't for record CSM" he freaked out. About being unprofessional, how NCOs had to always give it 100%, lack of discipline, and all this other poo poo. Then I got chewed out by my E7 1SG and PSG all goddamn day for not even barely 200 on that APFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

All I do during my day is watch old video's of army basic training and then comment on youtube video's about how they have it so easy because back in my day

• Locked thread