Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

gannyGrabber posted:

Hellmouths release soon? They're kinda neat/annoying.

Basically they can't move, but have advance deploy and every turn they respawn their little tentacle dudes. 8" command range and the tentacles have a grab that when they hit something it gets teleported to next to the mouth and it takes a free attack on it (it's POW is very high).

The mouth also has high arm and takes 1 less damage die from attacks. 8 boxes, iirc. It's a really interesting unit.

If by kinda neat, you mean possibly the best unit in the entire game, yeah. On top of what you said, it's worth noting that the tentacles also have impervious flesh (-1 damage die), which make them really good at randomly contesting zones if you need them to. Tentacles also count as corpses for the pot, which is cute. Otherwise it's just there to drag jacks into a spot where your scythean eats them for free. Pretty good for 6 pts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Hey guys, can someone do me a favor?

If you can, please make a Warmachine total conversion for Total Warhammer with all models and effects and special characters and lore and map and units and abilities and if you can please give me the link to it so I can be playing it in 30 minutes because that's what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also the same thing but for Mount & Blade.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CaptCommy posted:

If by kinda neat, you mean possibly the best unit in the entire game, yeah. On top of what you said, it's worth noting that the tentacles also have impervious flesh (-1 damage die), which make them really good at randomly contesting zones if you need them to. Tentacles also count as corpses for the pot, which is cute. Otherwise it's just there to drag jacks into a spot where your scythean eats them for free. Pretty good for 6 pts.

I wouldn't say it's really anywhere near the best unit in the game, though it IS really fun.

The game I encountered it I chewed right through a pair of them (camped out in forests no less), with some eliminators and a shot from 'ol Behemoth. Keep in mind that its' tentacles have to stay in its' command range (i.e. in formation) to be able to attack and there is a pile of things in the game that out threat it. Impervious flesh is great for blocking out weenie infantry, but it comes up pretty short when it's facing a pair of POW 14, roll 3 discard lowest die Bombard shots from far outside the range that it can counter-attack. Tentacles only having one box means they die to anything with 'do 1 damage' abilities, or anything POW 12+.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd really love to see how a Hellmouth behind a house plays out.

Also imo the Legion player you played against made a huge mistake putting the Hellmouths in the forests instead of behind them. Put the Hellmouth a quarter inch back from the forest so when it pulls things in they're toeing out of the forest and deny LoS to the Hellmouth unless you're walking well within tentacle range. Most things can't out threat 10" without charges, too, so stuff is going to have to walk into grabbing range to get to the Hellmouth.

As far as Legion goes in general I'm feeling kinda lost atm, so I'll probably just throw some dinosaurs and ogrun together and have at it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 6, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

CaptCommy posted:

Count as corpses AND you can put incubi in them.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Okay PP, you sold me on elves, now would you please stock them? I've checked all three stores in my neighborhood and the usual websites and it's official that Arcanists, Vyre jacks, and the baggie of Discordia bits are officially gone everywhere, and for long enough that gouging has started on Amazon, where the Discordia upgrade is running 50 bucks.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

There are a lot of weird stuff that's not available at all or regionally right now. I can't get War Hogs in Texas, and the Minions elf solo sorceress is impossible to get.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

theironjef posted:

Okay PP, you sold me on elves, now would you please stock them? I've checked all three stores in my neighborhood and the usual websites and it's official that Arcanists, Vyre jacks, and the baggie of Discordia bits are officially gone everywhere, and for long enough that gouging has started on Amazon, where the Discordia upgrade is running 50 bucks.

Will work 4 Sunburst Crews.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theironjef posted:

Same with the Heavy Rifle Team. Basically everything that either got good (HRTs, Disco) or is needed in serious quantities (Arcanists, Vyre Jacks) is on back order. I'd also suspect that Disco is out due to the number of Ret players not wanting a second Manticore from the new starter set. Ret just became the new Cryx apparently (not really) and you have a lot of people starting them up based on that perception.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Got a call from my LGS today telling me that my preorder for the battle boxes has been delayed again and they have no idea when they'll be in. Checked Miniature Market and they have two of the boxes I want (no Khador though), and since I'm moving in a week I just went ahead and put in an order from them. Pretty sure the distributor just hates Alaska.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I'm starting to think that Khador might be the most mispronounced faction in wargaming history.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I'm starting to think that Khador might be the most mispronounced faction in wargaming history.

Kah-dor?

Kay-door?

Potato?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People who pronounce it "Kah-door" infuriate me. There's a pronunciation guide in Prime, drat it. I'm sorry it isn't pronounce the way it would be in Russian, but deal with it.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

I bounce between Kay-door and Kha-door. It's bullshit fantasy language, and I have no time to put sense to it or justify obvious contradictions.

rydiafan posted:

People who pronounce it "Kah-door" infuriate me. There's a pronunciation guide in Prime, drat it. I'm sorry it isn't pronounce the way it would be in Russian, but deal with it.

Do they tell you how to pronounce anything else? I'd like to see how you're supposed to pronounce Scyrah, but nothing in my prime book shows me how to say it

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

fnordcircle posted:

Edit: Also the same thing but for Mount & Blade.

Warmachine and Blade would mean that I would probably never stop playing a game.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

I bounce between Kay-door and Kha-door. It's bullshit fantasy language, and I have no time to put sense to it or justify obvious contradictions.

Do they tell you how to pronounce anything else? I'd like to see how you're supposed to pronounce Scyrah, but nothing in my prime book shows me how to say it

From Mk2 Prime

Cygnar: |SIG-nahr|
Menoth: |MEN-awth|
Khador: |KAY-dohr|
Cryx: |kriks|
Ios: |EYE-ohss|
Scyrah: |SIGH-rah|
Rhul: |rule|
Ord: |ohrd|
Llael: |layl|

I realize some of these are pretty obvious how they're pronounced, but I just transcribed every pronunciation they had for factions.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

lokipunk posted:

Warmachine and Blade would mean that I would probably never stop playing a game.

The original Warmachine vidja game was supposed to be an action game.

I really wish that was the game that had been made.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

S.J. posted:

The original Warmachine vidja game was supposed to be an action game.

I really wish that was the game that had been made.

Warmachine & Blade:mount and blade :: Warmachine Tactics:Xcom

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Warmachine & Blade:mount and blade :: Warmachine Tactics:Xcom

I'd still rather have a bad warmachine action game than a bad warmachine tbs game

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

rydiafan posted:

Man Kaydor is my favorite faction. It has all my favorite characters like Sorschay, Strakoyv, the Butcher of Kayrdov, Karcheyv. And don't forget that badass Drakuyn!

Sarcasm aside, it doesn't matter what it should be or would be in Russian, because that would be "*hairball cough*-ador" anyways and no one says it like that. It just sounds dumb is all and a lot of players in at the beginning feel like it's a retcon.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There is nothing wrong with pronouncing it as Khay-dor and everyone who is upset about that is a massive :spergin:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Another reason Mercs are the best faction!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
For those wondering about PP item stock, yes its been very hard to find stuff. It looks like PP either did not do a reprint for MkIII or only did a limited print of some of the more popular items. Things that didn't see tons of play in MkII, but now see play are almost impossible to find. A lot of the solos and UA's for items are difficult. Also all the items are still coming with MkII cards, which is to be expected with the older stuff but is still indicative of where they are with inventory and a bit of an inconvenience for customers. I got really excited the other day when my distributor suddenly had 4x of the Winter Guard infantry with the Rocketeer attachment because those see lots of play and they were impossible to find as soon as MkIII came out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Ashcans posted:

Another reason Mercs are the best faction!

It's actually pronounced "Mo-krez"

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

gannyGrabber posted:

"Mark's"

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Funny, I always said it like Moops

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

gannyGrabber posted:

Or if you want to use the long name, "mer-KEN-arries"

Don't get me started on that "Se-phallics" subfaction.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Mispronouncing Ouroboros as O-robber-Os makes me think of a children's cereal.

O-robber-Os - Druid Tested, Devourer Wurm Approved!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Madrak3 spotted at Gencon

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

When I first saw the model I thought "That can't be Madrak3, because he doesn't have an ax."

I'm an idiot sometimes.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Muh Dray Kuh

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Epic Una. Hopefully her lack of birds means she learned how to control more than just griffons.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I want it pronounced "Kah-dohr" because then it becomes a constant reference to Macbeth.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Nighttheii posted:

Epic Una. Hopefully her lack of birds means she learned how to control more than just griffons.

An incentive to take Griffons but not lock her out of other stuff would be cool. Maybe Veteran Leader (or whatever it is) Griffon to give them +1 to attack rolls.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Charles Get-Out posted:

It has all my favorite characters like Sorschay, Strakoyv, the Butcher of Kayrdov, Karcheyv. And don't forget that badass Drakuyn!

Man, really looking forward to all these new Ret casters I haven't heard of.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh my god Tristan's feat makes jacks gain a focus instead of allocating one to all of them. Hhhnnnngggg

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Magres posted:

Oh my god Tristan's feat makes jacks gain a focus instead of allocating one to all of them. Hhhnnnngggg

Gain vs Allocate doesn't matter like it did in MK2. Allocate is just a term for when your caster is handing out focus during the Control phase, Gain is used everywhere else. Both Gain and Allocate still have to respect the focus cap of 3 per jack.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Just did my Harkevich marauderspam list into gunbjorn with wagon, gk, dozer and smig, fire-eaters and the stone. He killed a ternion, I killed the wagon, dozer and GK and won on scenario.

Bad matchup for him, he had no real way to answer my arm spam with the wagon getting dropped top of 2, but holy hell. I barely took any damage and basically could do whatever to wanted all over the field, what with slamming stuff around and then repositioning. Marauders hit like a truck and gently caress up enemy positioning and efficiency real nicely. It'll suck against anything that can't be moved or knocked down, but drat.

War Room Army

Khador - THE SLAM SECTOR

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Bunker - Steamroller Objective

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
- War Dog - PC: 3
- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Marauder - PC: 10
- Rager - PC: 11
- Kodiak - PC: 13
- Juggernaut - PC: 12
- Juggernaut - PC: 12

Kell Bailoch - PC: 5

Greylord Ternion - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

Gain vs Allocate doesn't matter like it did in MK2. Allocate is just a term for when your caster is handing out focus during the Control phase, Gain is used everywhere else. Both Gain and Allocate still have to respect the focus cap of 3 per jack.

Aaawwww :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
We have proof that JVM cheats because he won iron gauntlet with legion but hordes sucks if you aren't playing something like wurmwood, so the only way he could win us by cheating.