Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm the guy who goes top Yasuo and takes the jungle farm while pushing up both side lanes with TP at all times and gets an S+ after losing and going 5/4/2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Pretty good for yasuo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the worst is the guy who shoves every single lane out to the point that it wont bounce but also nobody can farm them and then he's lik e "well i have gold and exp idk what you assholes are doing"

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

general anime posted:

post your league name

Dude I already did that like six months ago get with the times bruh.

exethan posted:

buy corrupting potion, take 0/18/12 as mid melee, and take teleport. learn to bait out their skills so you can farm. walk up near the minions to bait an auto attack to make minions auto attack them. just learn to trade melee versus ranged. ask a buddy who is higher elo to 1v1 with you and you will learn a ton

Hell yeah

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't play much ranked other than to make sure I have gold for the free skin, sadly placed silver this season even though my record was like 7/3 which was p frustrating so I just ignored it for a while. Finally got around to grinding out gold 5 with my current favorite support, ended up with a pretty funny stat spread.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 5, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rabidsquid posted:

the worst is the guy who shoves every single lane out to the point that it wont bounce but also nobody can farm them and then he's lik e "well i have gold and exp idk what you assholes are doing"

This is legitimately one of the worst things you can do for your team mid game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Libertine posted:

I still max W on Soraka because I land about 30% of my Qs

The More You Know™

Ya I tried the q max I seriously have trouble landing that skillshot unless they play super agro and just walk towards u. Its so easy to walk out of.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I miss when her Q would land faster if you use it close to you.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

I miss when her Q would land faster if you use it close to you.

Pretty sure it still does that.

League of Legends Wiki, Soraka page posted:

Starcall RANGE: 800 / 235 COST: 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 MANA COOLDOWN: 5
ACTIVE: Soraka calls down a star at the target area which lands after a 0.25 - 1-second delay, increasing with the location's distance from her, dealing magic damage to all enemies it hits, Slow icon slowing them by 30% for 2 seconds and granting her Rejuvenation for 4 seconds if she strikes at least one enemy champion.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I still just dont understand how riot talked up a big game when they reworked Soraka about how healers need a level of counterplay instead of just sitting on the outskirts of battle spamming heal, when her original Q already rewarded her for sitting between as many enemies as possible without dying. Why change that into "stand 800 units away and come into occasional range to heal and shoot off Starfalls at the enemy frontliners that will always land because they're preoccupied and/or CC'd"?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It makes more sense if you substitute Counterplay with "removal of skill checks". Realistically targeted and tagging skills have a lot of inherent counterplay, but none of it is counterplay someone who doesn't know what that enemy is capable of doing will know.

A good moba example is Lina/Pyromancer: a newbie wont know that they can stun in a radius, and after that check is over and they recognize them as slow-casting mages, they then poorly position and get hit with a long range 1000 damage targeted nuke, that they don't know the range or cooldown of. Riot is obsessed with making it so that a newbie knows what to do against an unfamiliar enemy (get away from the glowing circles and lines).

It's a good change overall for accessibility, even if Riot is usually really bad about replacing them with balanced replacements (coughnerfstormveigar).

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but riot also loooooves abilities that have twenty effects and impossibly confusing scaling so they add accessibility with one hand and take it away with the other. Also for some reason Jhin's "caught out" debuff isn't visible to enemies even if they have vision of Jhin so if you don't play him or read his skills you won't understand why his w only snares you some times and not others which seems like a weird oversight wrt visual cue design.

E: also shaco exists lol. That dude has tons of visually non-obvious mechanics, although they're working on it with removing ways to detect the clone and adding the indicator for backstab damage.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 5, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

didn't read

good job goon

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
yes because riots 4 paragraphs of skill information design strategy mixes so well with learning what an unfamiliar enemy does without reading their abilities

i should learn to refresh page before posting

in addition this type of game tends to be inherently complex so it's really annoying that riot tries and trips over themselves repeatedly trying to make the 'perfect' solution to having new players/spectators learn the game on the fly

Voxx fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 5, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I guess to be fair to riot though, you absolutely don't need to read a word of tali'yah's kit to know what she does if you play against her once or twice.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I guess to be fair to riot though, you absolutely don't need to read a word of tali'yah's kit to know what she does if you play against her once or twice.

I don't really think it's hard to follow what the new champions do if you just watch their spotlight or w/e when they come out, plus for the first week after release all the bad players flock to them so you'll see them in action at the hands of a novice before having to worry about someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Space Flower posted:

I still just dont understand how riot talked up a big game when they reworked Soraka about how healers need a level of counterplay instead of just sitting on the outskirts of battle spamming heal, when her original Q already rewarded her for sitting between as many enemies as possible without dying. Why change that into "stand 800 units away and come into occasional range to heal and shoot off Starfalls at the enemy frontliners that will always land because they're preoccupied and/or CC'd"?

I used to play old soraka a lot and had mixed feelings on the new one, I think new raka is still quite strong but she's a bit different in ways I'm not fond of. The 3 main things I noticed that added counterplay elements for opponents were:

1. Her new q is really good in it's own right but it's not targeted, in the old 2v2 you could sorta just continually run forwards spamming q in a fight and unless they had an answer to immediately put you down the stacking -mr would end up overwhelming them.
2. her new silence can hit multiple targets and root which is pretty cool, particularly for chain cc shenanigans but something that made her old silence so awesome was you could stuff the gently caress out of highly mobile assassin's that wanted to dunk on you or your adc. Now if you wanna stop a leblanc you have to be able to predict where she's gonna dash to and even if you do guess right it likely won't end up lasting as long as the old single target one.
3. She can no longer heal herself and the heal doesn't come with a huge armor boost. Jumping on soraka is an easier option now with her only self heal being ult. When she could w herself for a huge stack of health and get some armor for it jumping on her just ended up being a bait half the time.

exethan posted:

good job goon
The kda was pretty close to 9.11 too

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Chromas are going on sale for IP twice a year! Also, will be buyable individually!

Finally a place to sink all of that useless IP

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yeah they should have always been IP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol, twice a year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol, twice a year

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Haven't played League in a while, but watched this the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxzemc87H_Y

Its not about gameplay or mechanics but It's really worth a watch.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i give this skin a 可愛い/10

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
god, they keep giving good skin ideas to the boring champs.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

why do you think ezreal is boring

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he's only good for museum spam

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i like all of these champs so im glad they're getting more good skins

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

why do you think ezreal is boring

i hate you for getting my hopes up of a good ezreal skin coming out

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man it'd be a delight if they stopped loving making Ahri skins at least three times in a given year

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

rabidsquid posted:

i hate you for getting my hopes up of a good ezreal skin coming out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-kF3pwl7w

have you seen it? it's for nerds, that's for sure.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Man it'd be a delight if they stopped loving making Ahri skins at least three times in a given year

riot needs to get off their lazy asses and start putting out some galio skins

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Another Ezreal skin?

Good

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Nah, you just need Commando Galio, the rest don't matter

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
let's be honest, a lot of ez skins are bad so having an anime skin would be good for him.

and Ahri is popular with Koreans.

I just want another Zac skin.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

every ezreal skin except for tpa is bad, so i guess this is good. also jack of hearts tf is an ezreal skin bc thats who is centered in the splash art of his skin

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

let's be honest, a lot of ez skins are bad so having an anime skin would be good for him.

and Ahri is popular with Koreans.

I just want another Zac skin.

What's the Korean version of otaku?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

oh man my favorite rotating mode is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPCa-DrfO8

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

C'mon I'm like three champs away from completing the pokedex

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Safety Scissors posted:

What's the Korean version of otaku?

Duck-hoo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hell yeah preordered myself a Project Zed figure, those things look sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
kinda want a OFA team vs. Normal team gimmick mode

• Locked thread