Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Ruggington posted:

where are the anime tiddy games for me, the gamer that just wants to have fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ruggington posted:

thank you, i will peruse this selection of prime tittos at my own leisure

Whether you come for the tittirinos or the cool monsters I will always be happy when someone picks up Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

New Shiren is good

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Ruggington posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2COhPPV184

September 13, you either get big ol tiddies, real big tiddies or the token 'looks underage but she's not because we said so okay' character.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Stanos posted:

the token 'looks underage but she's not because we said so okay' character

Can't be token if it's all of them.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ruggington posted:

Valkyrie Drive comes out next month

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Do Not Lie To Me About Fun, Please

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dehry posted:

Dungeon Travelers 2 is supposed to be the good game. Enough to get a sequel announced then completely removed off the internet.

Demon Gaze is also pretty good if you're in the market for dungeon crawlers, and its sequel is actually getting made, probably.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

New Shiren is good

New Shiren is really fun although having to finish the main dungeon to unlock the more fun dungeons is a bit tedious.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I took a break from the utter tedium of Estival Versus' Shinobi Girl's Heart missions to try out Adventures of Mana and I'm really shocked at how good this is. A little pricey but it's so slick and has a great soundtrack to boot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ruggington posted:

Do Not Lie To Me About Fun, Please

I would never lie about this :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Leifthrasir is already getting a little samey to me. Gwendolyn's at level 26 or so, just got to the volcano area (Chapter 5 I think?), 'bout two and a half hours in

Maybe put it down for something else but everything else I have on the Vita right now (mainly Trails of Cold Steel and Atelier Ayesha--and eventually P4G) is in serious long term investment territory

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

I took a break from the utter tedium of Estival Versus' Shinobi Girl's Heart missions to try out Adventures of Mana and I'm really shocked at how good this is. A little pricey but it's so slick and has a great soundtrack to boot.

I want this so bad but the price is making me hesitate. Did you play the original Adventure of Mana?

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That reminds me, did anyone import Toukiden 2/is it good

I bought the big special vita box on launch day which had the soundtrack, art book, 9(!) clear files, etc. I haven't actually gotten too into the main game so far as I'm clearing a PS4 backlog but I played the demo quite a bit. I am a huge Toukiden proponent and it being easier than MH, which I haven't touched since P3rd, is a huge plus for me, haha.
It's really feels completely overhauled in a lot of ways which you may be familiar with just from reading about it. It's fun to just run around the open world exploring so far. There are bits later on where there's a "miasma" over newer areas you have to cleanse which was a little frustrating in the demo but will probably be better explained in the main game.
To be honest I didn't gel with the new weapons or mitama styles, because I am a scrub that just uses dual knives and attack/defense mitamas exclusively and never plays online. Crafting seems a little more involved this time around.
I do have to say that the first few hours of the game are a little long just because there's sooo much new stuff to explain. Probably the biggest quality-of-life improvement from a straight combat standpoint is the addition of the green hand thing (don't know what they're calling it in English), allowing you to get into the air no matter what weapon you're using.
I love Toukiden a lot so I may pop back in here once I get further in.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

How is the performance? I've heard that the Vita version doesn't look/perform nearly as well as the PS4 or even the original game for some reason.

Wamdoodle posted:

I want this so bad but the price is making me hesitate. Did you play the original Adventure of Mana?

Unfortunately, I haven't. I might have as a little kid yeaaaars ago but it's been so long I can't really remember. It's definitely based on an older game what with the dungeons being halfway difficult to navigate and poke around!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

isn't it a remake of final fantasy adventure or is that a different one

Elec
Feb 25, 2007

Policenaut posted:

How is the performance? I've heard that the Vita version doesn't look/perform nearly as well as the PS4 or even the original game for some reason.

I think you're absolutely correct. Kiwami looked excellent and stable on Vita (never played the PS4 version but I assume it looked even better) and I loved the oni textures but I with the ambition of the open-world thing it's going to inevitably run better on PS4. I bought it on Vita because I want to support this dang thing and it still (barely) has legs here in Japan, but I will say PS4 version was tempting. Frame rates seem lower than Kiwami (I tend not to really care about these things so I dunno), and when things get hairy frame rates dip perhaps more than others might prefer, by which I mean non-zero, but I just sort of see it as a necessary compromise if I'm going to be playing this on Vita. It's still the best non-MH MH though IMHO!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

voltcatfish posted:

Yeah and it's a port of the Mobile version I think?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Crimson Harvest posted:

Yeah and it's a port of the Mobile version I think?

Yeah. When the game first came out in Japan IIRC it was iOS/Android/Vita but they only brought the smartphone versions overseas, then later on they brought the Vita version out of the blue and then promised that the iOS/Android/Vita remake of Romancing SaGa 2, which only came out on smartphones in the West, would be getting a US Vita release also.

I'm very excited for that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Adventures of Mana is really loving good.

I only have four Platinum trophies and one of them is for that.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

voltcatfish posted:

Whoops, my bad. It was called Final Fantasy Adventure. I watched the very beginning of Adventures of Mana and I like how the beast you fight moves just like the one from the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JtRFdAiXAQ

drat, I might just go ahead and get it :f5:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Whoops, my bad. It was called Final Fantasy Adventure. I watched the very beginning of Adventures of Mana and I like how the beast you fight moves just like the one from the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JtRFdAiXAQ

drat, I might just go ahead and get it :f5:

It is a beat for beat remake of the original game. You can still use the same maps and manual from the original game to play it.

Even the glitches you use to gently caress with rewards from treasure chests are still there!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

lmao Germany is straight up not going to sell Criminal Girls 2

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/criminal-girls-2-party-favors-will-not-release-germany

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is there anything good in Criminal Girls?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

a reference to rail chase 2

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

SelenicMartian posted:

Destroying the cartridge can be fun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SelenicMartian posted:

the dungeon crawling gameplay, from what I've seen, is servicable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

the dungeon crawling gameplay, from what I've seen, is servicable.

It isn't. It's actually extremely bad. The combat system is awkward as poo poo because it relies on dumb semi-randomized crap which prevents combat from having any depth or meaning. The dungeon design is atrocious too.

Like if you want a titty anime dungeon crawler then get Dungeon Travellers 2. That is a titty anime dungeon crawler that at least has some quality behind it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There are definitely many dungeon crawlers that are better than Criminal Girls

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

god why do i ever bother reading the comments on gematsu

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No one should read Gematsu comments, because all you have to do is close your eyes and picture words like "Localize please" and "Digital only? Pass" and it's like you're really there!

Enjoy this trailer for Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEM12U4CqHM

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why do you bother reading comments anywhere? They are all universally terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Especially on an article that's bound to be nothing but 'sjw' and 'censorship' poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I like the comments that use the Japanese names for games that have had English names for over a year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I like the comments that use the Japanese names for games that have had English names for over a year.

to be fair sometimes you just get used to the japanese names

i still call fe fates fe: if

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

to be fair sometimes you just get used to the japanese names

i still call fe fates fe: if

I feel that's a little different from using "Yoru no Nai Kuni" twice in one comment in an article that calls it "Nights of Azure".

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if you don't say Genei IbunRoku Sharp Eff Ee every time I don't know what to tell you

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I feel that's a little different from using "Yoru no Nai Kuni" twice in one comment in an article that calls it "Nights of Azure".

poo poo man fifteen years later and i still call threads of fate, dewprism :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Especially on an article that's bound to be nothing but 'sjw' and 'censorship' poo poo

I'd read a comment section that was nothing but Robocop.