Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Discendo Vox posted:

What picture/burn is that?

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/743292589697339392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Krazyface posted:

We look down on Donald, but we're just like him. We get high on attention (paid to him), and when we get bored we just start making GBS threads on one of the old primary opponents.

And we all fantasize about Ivanka!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

http://www.uno.edu/cola/political-science/documents/duke-poll.pdf

david duke has a higher approval rating with black voters than white voters

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I have seen that image almost a dozen times and it still makes me laugh.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it must be so incredibly sad for jeb! :smith:
his only chance was hosed by trump
his reputation in the country was hosed by trump
he was labeled by trump in a way that rings so true
such a damning label too

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

No one knows why they made a young clone of John Kasich the ruler of the Newsmaxes.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Baloogan posted:

it must be so incredibly sad for jeb! :smith: that his only chance was hosed by trump and that his reputation in the entire country was hosed by trump and that he was labeled by trump in a way that rings so true and its such a damning label too

I've also been thinking about how sad it is for Trump that during this election his hands were shown to be statistically inarguably small, his embarrassing past of ostracization from NY high society has become known, he'll probably have to release tax returns that show he's not as rich as he says, and ultimately he'll lose the presidency, possibly by a landslide. Like all the worst things that could happen to him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I forget if it was Jeb! or someone else but my first impression of one of the Bushes was a breif clip of an interview where he just goes "yeah I wanna be president real bad huhueheh" like a stereotypical college movie dumbass.

that first impression seems to perfectly encapsulate them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

and yet I still pity him because he's a terrible person but just so loving delightful

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

I've also been thinking about how sad it is for Trump that during this election his hands were shown to be statistically inarguably small, his embarrassing past of ostracization from NY high society has become known, he'll probably have to release tax returns that show he's not as rich as he says, and ultimately he'll lose the presidency, possibly by a landslide. Like all the worst things that could happen to him.

trump has the entire world talking about him and fearing him

hes in narcissist heaven

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

last one I have

I am now Jeb!ed out :(

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

I am now Jeb!ed out :(

gross

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

How much money did Jeb! spend for his 3 delegates?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

don't kinkshame

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Jeb!

https://vine.co/v/ie0vLEeVUY3

https://vine.co/v/eYKBzEthXjq

https://vine.co/v/iOTvvP1I110

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why have bedtime?

When you can have Jebtime

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

So what are the odds that any journalist presses Trump on his completely false video description before the story totally dies out? In my mind, either he purposely lied to the entire country, or he described a top-secret video the day after his intelligence briefings started. This whole "tweet that it was actually some other video" thing is weak as poo poo and I really hope they don't all let him get away with it. Considering he consistently refers to his opponents as liars/crooks/etc., I really want someone to get him to acknowledge that he lied about the video. Multiple times. Even after his own campaign had offered a different explanation. Goddamnit this election is pissing me off.

nice meltdown

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MaxNV posted:

How much money did Jeb! spend for his 3 delegates?

Enough to make me laugh.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:siren: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/05/jeb-bush-was-boston-but-wasn-wandering-streets/QvsIRCnhRZXXIoHrTcWBtK/story.html :siren:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scottie Nell Hughes on CNN is absolutely terrifying in looks and personality.

I swear to god, she's always got that same smile. Just now they were experiencing technical difficulty and couldn't load their clip immediately. The camera was on her giving a huge, unmoving grin for about ten seconds straight. She is just so unsettling.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Aug 6, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I don't think I've been able to express how insanely jealous I am of the guy who got to meet Jeb.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

He dropped the exclamation point, poor jebby.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Timotheous Venture posted:

So what are the odds that any journalist presses Trump on his completely false video description before the story totally dies out? In my mind, either he purposely lied to the entire country, or he described a top-secret video the day after his intelligence briefings started.

He's a dummy who sees a clip of people of people in the Middle East celebrating 9/11 while he's in New Jersey, and then he imagines those people are in New Jersey celebrating. If he becomes president and catches a glimpse of Doctor Strangelove or Wargames, he'll launch all the nukes.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

He dropped the exclamation point, poor jebby.

http://gawker.com/chilled-out-post-campaign-jeb-bush-is-going-hog-wild-o-1762195119

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Rick Wilson is alright in my book, at least for now.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/761656134197403648

Just like how the midterms keep the Republicans from their reckoning, Trump manages to squeeze in a day or two of no huge shitstorms and everyone just falls in line. :allears:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Antti posted:

Just like how the midterms keep the Republicans from their reckoning, Trump manages to squeeze in a day or two of no huge shitstorms and everyone just falls in line. :allears:

"He hasn't called for literal death camps in the past few minutes. He's actually a very intelligent middle of the road politician!!"

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Wow, there's some anger there - Jeb looks like he wishes that were a punch in Trump's face. Gotta suck to be so focused on being some statesmanesque figure that you get totally played.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Antti posted:

I think the only winning strategy the Trump campaign sees is to fade him away as much as possible and make everything anti-Hillary. Let's see if it works this time!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Onward, Jeb.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Some girls wander by mistake

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Onward, Jeb.

you know, Jeb!, responding to this asks more questions than this answers

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I skipped most of yesterday's posting so this has probably been linked already but I love the new 538 "Join, or Die" snake:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a young guy who'd like to meet Jeb! when he's wandering back to his hotel from dinner.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Nitrousoxide posted:

You're probably right. Folks should get back to Trump,. I don't want to derail the thread any further. I'm sorry, I just feel as though people often times create this straw man libertarian that they mock and it gets to me.

having this post and that sam seder segment where a literal libertarian candidate for president loses his loving mind on the same page is so great

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Like Trump would put himself on the $1 bill

• Locked thread