Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
You'll need to redo the chapter with the first death, then play the rest of the game from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I think it must be buggy since I've been replaying since chapter 4, then accidentally got mike killed in episode 9. So I selected episode 9 from the select and now in the butterfly effect screen I see all my choices from the first playthrough active in the butterfly effect (since I saw Matt and Jessica die in the previously on). Couldn't fix that in 3 patches eh Supermassive

Relin fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 2, 2016

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Imscared was really good guys

I really liked it

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Me too, but it should have somehow communicated that you need to be collecting cheevos in order to proceed at the very end.
It was good, but also a pain in the rear end; there's no way in hell I'm replaying it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Anyone tried Lethe: Episode One yet? Thoughts?

Also what might be an unusual question: is there any dialogue that isn't just a voiceover of in-game text? I saw there's no subtitles on the Steam page, and as a deaf gamer that's a red flag for me. If it's just a voiceover of journal entries and stuff you pick up, that's one thing, but if there's substantial speech that doesn't have a text partner, I might skip it even if it's good.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pyrolocutus posted:

Anyone tried Lethe: Episode One yet? Thoughts?

Also what might be an unusual question: is there any dialogue that isn't just a voiceover of in-game text? I saw there's no subtitles on the Steam page, and as a deaf gamer that's a red flag for me. If it's just a voiceover of journal entries and stuff you pick up, that's one thing, but if there's substantial speech that doesn't have a text partner, I might skip it even if it's good.

I can try it Tomorrow night and let you know?

Edit: PM'd you

Twerkteam Pizza fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 4, 2016

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Pineview Drive? I saw it on Amazon but that's been the only mention of it I've seen anywhere.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Does anyone know anything about Pineview Drive? I saw it on Amazon but that's been the only mention of it I've seen anywhere.

I know DansGaming has a stream recording of it up that I watched a while back, but remember little of, so if you can tolerate a bald man w/ goatee being in the frame, have a look.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Playing Pineview Drive was a little bit like if you've ever found a weird key in your house and you don't remember what it unlocks so you try it on every single door, except it's 500 keys and you live in the Winchester house. I hated it.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

R.L. Stine posted:

Playing Pineview Drive was a little bit like if you've ever found a weird key in your house and you don't remember what it unlocks so you try it on every single door, except it's 500 keys and you live in the Winchester house. I hated it.

Still waiting for the boss monster that vindictively barfs piles of keys.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally a game other than Silent Hill that caters to my locked door fetish.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

R.L. Stine posted:

See, if it's exactly what you've described I'd play it for gimmick value because its

Sakurazuka posted:

Finally a game other than Silent Hill that caters to my locked door fetish

but a key slog sounds intensely un-fun. I'll check out the LP posted.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't remember who it was that recommended Stranger Things in here, but I'm watching it now and I'm having a blast, so thank you!

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

JordanKai posted:

I don't remember who it was that recommended Stranger Things in here, but I'm watching it now and I'm having a blast, so thank you!
It was me and I'm really chuffed that so many people in the thread are enjoying it! :3:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Old Boot posted:

Still waiting for the boss monster that vindictively barfs piles of keys.

You know, that would make a pretty good enemy in a hosed-up surreal action-rpg.

Gonna have to get the Netflix set up on my TV so I can watch Stranger Things in bed. Thanks for the reccomendation, VB.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Stranger Things is really drat good, but it's not like this thread needs any more convincing.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

Stranger Things is really drat good, but it's not like this thread needs any more convincing.

Now it just needs a better-than-you'd-expect NES tie-in horror game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MockingQuantum posted:

Now it just needs a better-than-you'd-expect NES tie-in horror game.
The Duffer Brothers have said in an interview that they are actually considering licensing a video game covering events prior to the first season. (Spoilers for the show in there)

I would buy a Stranger Things adventure game in the vein of WadjetEye and Kathy Rain in a heartbeat.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 4, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This thread has a high opinion of the Fatal Frame titles, correct?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

voltcatfish posted:

This thread has a high opinion of the Fatal Frame titles, correct?
The first three are classics, its goes all downhill after 3.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Fatal Frame is cool when it's being horror-creepy and not sexual-creepy

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Accordion Man posted:

The first three are classics, its goes all downhill after 3.

This thread prefers things go silent hill rather than downhill.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Been playing Oxenfree today for the first time, it's a pretty cool idea. Tuning the radio can be a bit dull and its weird how these rebel teens never swear but I'm greatly enjoying it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Improbable Lobster posted:

What about creepy-creepy?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

oldpainless posted:

What about creepy-creepy?

Depends on if it's creepy-creepy-spooky or creepy-creepy-creeper

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've often wondered if there is a potential horror game in just going completely bonkers and balls to the wall into fetish town , like an area that just drives people insane with lust and weirder things start to happen as they all get their freak on. Like Mad Max, but an actual reason why there's a blood thirsty mob of bondage geared goons.

Oh wait, that's Lisa. Oh well.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 5, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crabtree posted:

I've often wondered if there is a potential horror game in just going completely bonkers and balls to the wall into fetish town , like an area that just drives people insane with lust and weirder things start to happen as they all get their freak on. Like Mad Max, but an actual reason why there's a blood thirsty mob of bondage geared goons.

I have no doubt that there are several anime visual novels with this exact premise.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

FF1 is great but the voice acting is complete dick. 2 and 3 are a lot better (and also scarier). I don't really recall it ever being perv-creepy though, other than the series' fixation on young girls as horror tropes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's 4 and 5 that's perv-creepy. The fifth is the dumbest but at least they let the cute boy live.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Crabtree posted:

Oh wait, that's Lisa. Oh well.

Corpse Party

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Crabtree posted:

I've often wondered if there is a potential horror game in just going completely bonkers and balls to the wall into fetish town

Wouldn't that be silent hill 2

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Been playing Oxenfree today for the first time, it's a pretty cool idea. Tuning the radio can be a bit dull and its weird how these rebel teens never swear but I'm greatly enjoying it.

It's a creepier tale than I had initially thought, that's for sure. I quite liked it, especially the dialogue. Felt natural, or at least, more natural than 90% of teen dialogue in media these days.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ren was just the worst.

Is the new game + worth the price? I played it at a friend's and I didn't know if it was worth buying but now that it has an extended ending I've been considering it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ren is the best and I love him.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm several years late to the party but I just bingewatched SGF's Deadly Premonition LP which was amazing (both the game and SGF's presentation of it). I'm watching his LP of D4 and this game looks like garbage, c/d?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
D4 isn't a horror game at all, its a screwball surreal comedy. It is also real good.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

yeah, but unfortunately Swery has reactive hypoglycemia and is taking a break from game development, so D4 is now even less likely to be ever finished.

Also, while its not a horror game, it does have one really creepy character in it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Basticle posted:

I'm several years late to the party but I just bingewatched SGF's Deadly Premonition LP which was amazing (both the game and SGF's presentation of it). I'm watching his LP of D4 and this game looks like garbage, c/d?

I found it fairly entertaining. It's a game which got screwed over by Microsoft though because they pushed it as a Kinect exclusive and it took a while to come to PC where it plays like a standard adventure game instead. The only problem is that the game ends on a cliffhanger and will likely never be resolved because Swery is sick.

Tired Moritz posted:

Is it the one game with a lady who acts like a cat in it?

Yep. And you have QTEs where she goes crazy and you have to avoid dishes thrown at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En260goftmI

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 6, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is it the one game with a lady who acts like a cat in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cat lady or mouse lady I don't quite remember. Bummer about swery, he's a cool person :(