Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think this is the first time we've agreed about a Fnatic item.

I can't think of any good reason why H2K wouldn't play Forgiven. Their sub is a guy who isn't new, he's some guy who played in season 1 and hasn't been on a competitive roster in 3 years.

I think H2K with Forgiven beats Fnatic (given their current form). But I don't have any idea how to predict the series if they use the untested guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I've only seen a few EU LCS games this season, so I don't really know how badly they've played as a whole, but perhaps the community overrated Deilor a bit due to Huni/Reignover boosting them last season.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/761911531219083264

FNATIC ‏@FNATIC 13m13 minutes ago
LoL Update: Today we announce the departure of @FnaticDeilor - #ThankYouDeilor

Oh jesus that said "departure" for a second I thought it said "death"

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Oh jesus that said "departure" for a second I thought it said "death"

For some reason I saw departure and thought he had died anyway, soooo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Deilor refused to provide Spirit with the requisite number of babes for him to perform well and instead tried to ply him with Gamsu.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Fnatic: The House that Gamsu Destroyed

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

YancyQ posted:

Fnatic: The House that Gamsu Destroyed

Next split Peke and Soaz will be trying out again

Also, I feel like P1/Fox is gonna be a fun watch.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What do you guys think of the playoff games coming up? I've only watched IMT vs TSM in the last couple/few months and that was kind of a let down. I think the top seed will always win except for maybe CLG games. CLG might kick it into high gear for the playoffs/worlds like they did for MSI. I don't think anything exciting will happen in EU.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I have this growing dread that we're going to see a c9 v tsm finals again and I pray for Immortals to do something about it.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I predict that C9 will once again choke in the first round and Dardoch will dunk all over CLG.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My prediction is that Liquid finishes 4th.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Libertine posted:

My prediction is that Liquid finishes 4th.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Poor Ohq

...or good for Ohq, be free!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so is kiwikid getting relegated again or what

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Radical posted:

i feel like however this tournament plays out echo fox is getting relegated.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
It's hard to imagine any team without Piglet on it losing to Echo Fox..

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I guess froggen is okay but the rest of these clowns need to go

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

yakkitysax.wav

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Radical posted:

If you can't beat Balls, Hai and Lemonation in the year 2016 you probably don't deserve to play in the LCS anyway

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Calax posted:

Next split Peke and Soaz will be trying out again

Also, I feel like P1/Fox is gonna be a fun watch.

But suddenly

https://twitter.com/fnaticquaye/status/762019880501739521

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Before seeing today's games I figured cloud 9 b team would win at least one series I just don't know which of the three LCS teams would be the odd man out.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Libertine posted:

Before seeing today's games I figured cloud 9 b team would win at least one series I just don't know which of the three LCS teams would be the odd man out.

However this shakes out, I hope we see Contractz and Altec get LCS positions next split. Those two deserve better than mouldering on a B team.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Would C9 really sell those players off to another organization? I assumed they would just sell off the spot and keep them all in perpetual enslavement.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I have to imagine that 3 of Altec/Balls/Hai/Lemon stay on when the team is sold and C9 puts Contractz on their main squad as a sub or even replace Meteos with him. They'd be stupid to let let such a promising young jungler go.

Wait...

Jayisspecial posted:

Would C9 really sell those players off to another organization? I assumed they would just sell off the spot and keep them all in perpetual enslavement.

At least 3 players need to playing in week one of spring 2017 for the roster to be eligible iirc

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Firebert posted:

I have to imagine that 3 of Altec/Balls/Hai/Lemon stay on when the team is sold and C9 puts Contractz on their main squad as a sub or even replace Meteos with him. They'd be stupid to let let such a promising young jungler go.

Wait...

At least 3 players need to playing in week one of spring 2017 for the roster to be eligible iirc

they've already confirmed, iirc, that Balls and Lemon are going to go with the squad and whoever buys it. I assume Altec will too.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Firebert posted:

Wait...

Oh yeah. Well in that case I would hope they retain Contractz and the others are finally severed from C9. I could see Hai leading a team for the hell of it and then rejoining C9 if it doesn't work.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
would contractz even be eligible for 2017 since he turns 17 in November.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ahri. :japan:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
3 cloud drakes + elder + karma + sivir ult is pretty fun to see

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Balls Shen ulted the clone...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It makes them either force down the clone to stop the tp or just walk away. Not a bad idea

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Congratulations Cloud9 for making it back into the LCS! Wait..

They'll probably sell the spot off and do the same thing again until Riot tells teams to cut that poo poo out (And I don't blame them, it's easy money)

Challenger Series would be a lot better if they put more money into it so they weren't bleeding money by investing in a team on the chance they MIGHT make it into LCS. LCS needs more money into it too, it's kinda low for the biggest E-Sport out there right now. And allow more tournaments like IEM for challenger teams to take so they can make some more money. Build the scene, don't just let veteran players roll through Challenger every season and sell the team off

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This Illaoi game is like literally every other Illaoi game in pro play: Illaoi wins lane hard, then some other lane comes over and bullies her until she's useless.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

henkman posted:

It makes them either force down the clone to stop the tp or just walk away. Not a bad idea

please let me believe that balls is an idiot tia

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hai continues to beg Cloud 9 to let him die

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
KFO is a Top that refuses to team fight and consistently loses lane.

Cool :hfive:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This Illaoi game is like literally every other Illaoi game in pro play: Illaoi wins lane hard, then some other lane comes over and bullies her until she's useless.

and solo Q for that matter.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

and solo Q for that matter.

In solo Q people aren't always organised enough to bully Illaoi before she passes the point of no return. In comp they always are.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

now that cloud 9 have secured their spot in the lcs they can stat developing new talent. they deserve a permanent CS spot, because the org is better than others and will safely develop talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Contractz would have been on a team no matter what after this month anyway, the only the stopping him before was he didnt become of-age until this month. Altec was slumping but I think most teams would have tried to pick him up. Wanna see which new investors buys out C9C and goes back to relegation.

• Locked thread