Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Downercut posted:

A professional wrestler killed his wife and son with the same submission hold he would use in his matches, then killed himself as well, likely due to brain damage from the fact that he would jump off a turnbuckle and hit his head on people pretty much every match.

It's also where the post "I'm literally shaking" came from.

Chumbawumba4ever97 has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Aug 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/08/south-carolina-walter-scott-shooting-audio-video

Remember this? Cop shoots running away black man in the back, cuffs him, drops tazer beside body, phones police union within minutes.

Well he's in court this week, and managed to get the phone conversation with the union sealed. Seems the union wont pay his legal fees as hes a oval office.

http://abcnews4.com/news/walter-scott-shooting/michael-slagers-calls-to-pba-after-scott-shooting-sealed-by-judge

quote:

Slager is suing the Southern States Police Benevolent Association for failing to cover his legal fees after the shooting despite Slager paying monthly dues for their assistance.

The PBA says Slager was dropped from coverage because he lied to state police and PBA representatives about the shooting.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Remember when Justine Sacco tweeted to her 170 followers "Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just Kidding. I’m white!" and then got destroyed by twitter people while on the plane?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-liu1JVo1g

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Downercut posted:

A professional wrestler killed his wife and son with the same submission hold he would use in his matches, then killed himself as well, likely due to brain damage from the fact that he would jump off a turnbuckle and hit his head on people pretty much every match.

Actually he murdered he's famil because the bendy man willed it.

Hey remember when two girls tried to murder their friend with knives because of a lovely GBS meme?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Woden posted:

Remember when Justine Sacco tweeted to her 170 followers "Going to Africa. Hope I don’t get AIDS. Just Kidding. I’m white!" and then got destroyed by twitter people while on the plane?

I read a book she was in, some book about people's lives being ruined by social media. I can't remember what she said exactly but she explained it like "obviously I'm not an idiot and I know white people get aids". She said it was actually the opposite of what everybody assumed and she was actually pointing out that the reason it's so rampant in Africa is because they aren't white so it isn't taken so seriously. Something like that. But yeah basically she said everybody is completely insane with trying to ruin her life because she meant it the literal opposite of the way everyone took it.

The same with that girl who made believe she was yelling in front of a sign that said "silence for dead soldiers" or something. Out of context it looked horrible but she had like 200 other pictures of her doing stuff like that in front of other signs, for example if a sign said "no loitering" she'd sit in front of it. It was just a dumb inside joke thing her and her friends used to do.

I'm not condoning or condemning either one of them. Just posting what they said.

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Literally my favorite "hey remember" thing to bring up at parties

I set up a "balloon boy" Google news Alert and he's back in the news already! http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2016/08/05/balloon-boy-family-releases-video-supporting-donald-trump/88328064/

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

they already did an official endorsement years agoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtIuE93spBU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Celebrity Trump Endorsements:

• Antonio Sabato Jr.
  • Chachi from Happy Days
  • Balloon Boy

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

cuck cuck im gay posted:

• Chachi from Happy Days

I always make the mistake of thinking everyone involved with shows/movies I like are sane and likeable. Between Scott Baio and Stacey Dash, I'm so confused.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Downercut posted:

A professional wrestler killed his wife and son with the same submission hold he would use in his matches

Pretty sure Benoit didn't lock them in the Crippler Crossface.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
It'd been pretty rock n roll if he had.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I guess it's fortunate that Eddie Guerrero died before he could put Vickie in the Lasso from El Paso.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

cmndstab posted:

Pretty sure Benoit didn't lock them in the Crippler Crossface.

You should reconsider being pretty sure

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I read a book she was in, some book about people's lives being ruined by social media. I can't remember what she said exactly but she explained it like "obviously I'm not an idiot and I know white people get aids". She said it was actually the opposite of what everybody assumed and she was actually pointing out that the reason it's so rampant in Africa is because they aren't white so it isn't taken so seriously. Something like that. But yeah basically she said everybody is completely insane with trying to ruin her life because she meant it the literal opposite of the way everyone took it.

The same with that girl who made believe she was yelling in front of a sign that said "silence for dead soldiers" or something. Out of context it looked horrible but she had like 200 other pictures of her doing stuff like that in front of other signs, for example if a sign said "no loitering" she'd sit in front of it. It was just a dumb inside joke thing her and her friends used to do.

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by John Ronson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIP6fI0NAI

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Downercut posted:

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

cuck cuck im gay posted:

• Antonio Sabato Jr.
  • Chachi from Happy Days
  • Balloon Boy

Dean Cain, aka Superman endorsed him not too long ago

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RaceBannon posted:

Believe it or not.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Wasn't the whole news cycle leading up to 9/11 about some senator or congressman who's intern or whatever was murdered and it looked really suspicious like he was fuckin' her then killed her?

I bet he was relieved when 9/11 happened and got that out of the news

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Otisburg posted:

Wasn't the whole news cycle leading up to 9/11 about some senator or congressman who's intern or whatever was murdered and it looked really suspicious like he was fuckin' her then killed her?

Chandra Levy.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Otisburg posted:

Same with Paula Poundstone getting arrested for getting her foster daughters drunk and fingerbanging them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Otisburg posted:

Gary Condit was having an affair with Chandra Levy and was suspected of being involved in her death.

An illegal immigrant was charged and convicted but just recently got a new trial and the prosecution declined to retry him and just want him deported instead.

Not suspicious at all.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

criscodisco posted:

Same with Paula Poundstone getting arrested for getting her foster daughters drunk and fingerbanging them.

Wait what

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Celluloid Sam posted:

that time the fuckboi smyt moved my home thread to a different place

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Woden posted:

That was pretty amazing. After poo poo blew up, she tweeted like twenty different versions of, "Why is this happening to meeeeee?" You can almost taste her confusion. "WTF? Since when do moderately attractive blonde white women suffer consequences for their actions?"

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Yeah. That's bullshit. I don't remember a single source reporting, "Look, here's some tweets she made showing her concern for the plight of black African AIDS victims before this incident." When the internet went into crazy mode, she made tons more tweets, at least one of which actually included the phrase, "Are you happy?" Funny that this explanation for her tweet materialized so long after the fact, and doesn't seem to be reflected in anything she tweeted before, or immediately after, the tweet that made her famous. If that sort of evidence in her favor exists, I've never heard about it.

I think her father called her an idiot, too.

criscodisco posted:

Between Scott Baio and Stacey Dash, I'm so confused.

Stacey Dash was particularly traumatic for me, because HOLY poo poo was she fine in her day. I mean, she's still a very good-looking woman, but, let's face it, time is rarely our friend.

criscodisco posted:

Paula Poundstone was particularly traumatic for me, because HOLY poo poo was she funny in her day. She also wasn't actually accused of fingerbanging anyone. In the end, the prosecution basically settled for having her plead guilty to "being a drunk rear end in a top hat," and gave her a long probation.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew got utterly destroyed on America's Got Talent or whatever that show was called

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I don't remember captain Dan the only ones I ever remember are the tiny bitch who sings opera and the gay guy who put on big foppish opera shows. Plus the guy who walked on his hands.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Centripetal Horse posted:

That was pretty amazing. After poo poo blew up, she tweeted like twenty different versions of, "Why is this happening to meeeeee?" You can almost taste her confusion. "WTF? Since when do moderately attractive blonde white women suffer consequences for their actions?"

Yeah. That's bullshit. I don't remember a single source reporting, "Look, here's some tweets she made showing her concern for the plight of black African AIDS victims before this incident." When the internet went into crazy mode, she made tons more tweets, at least one of which actually included the phrase, "Are you happy?" Funny that this explanation for her tweet materialized so long after the fact, and doesn't seem to be reflected in anything she tweeted before, or immediately after, the tweet that made her famous. If that sort of evidence in her favor exists, I've never heard about it.

Stacey Dash was particularly traumatic for me, because HOLY poo poo was she fine in her day. I mean, she's still a very good-looking woman, but, let's face it, time is rarely our friend.

Paula Poundstone was particularly traumatic for me, because HOLY poo poo was she funny in her day. She also wasn't actually accused of fingerbanging anyone. In the end, the prosecution basically settled for having her plead guilty to "being a drunk rear end in a top hat," and gave her a long probation.

Moderately-successful comedians always get special treatment. Our justice system is rotten to the core.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

criscodisco posted:

I don't remember captain Dan the only ones I ever remember are the tiny bitch who sings opera and the gay guy who put on big foppish opera shows. Plus the guy who walked on his hands.

Captain Dan was a goon and had a fairly large fan base on SA. This was several years ago, I've never seen him or his band post since then

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I got a free Paula Poundstone comedy tape when I was a kid by saving Pop-Tag box tops. It was only about 25 minutes long :mad:

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Is Elliott Roger someone I should know or was that just a funny embarrassing post on the bodybuilder forum?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Is Elliott Roger someone I should know or was that just a funny embarrassing post on the bodybuilder forum?

he was a virgin spree shooter

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

cuck cuck im gay posted:

• Antonio Sabato Jr.
  • Chachi from Happy Days
  • Balloon Boy

RaceBannon posted:

Did the term "celebrity" change recently?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Google "victory cabbage" or "liberty sausages".

Edit- What's up with the img tags not working? Or is it an imgur issue?

Edit2- Sorry for dumb

ProperCauldron has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Aug 7, 2016

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ProperCoochie posted:

Google "victory cabbage" or "liberty sausages".

Edit- What's up with the img tags not working? Or is it an imgur issue?

You didn't link to actual jpegs

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

Centripetal Horse posted:

It was actually a really obvious joke that anyone who wasn't abandoned as an infant in a Russian dog kennel should be able to understand, but welp

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew got utterly destroyed on America's Got Talent or whatever that show was called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtUQNxp02mE

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Man, i had a really good one i was gonna post but i went to bed and now i forgot it

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

El Boot posted:

It was actually a really obvious joke that anyone who wasn't abandoned as an infant in a Russian dog kennel should be able to understand, but welp

It was actually really obviously a joke that was racist, and not funny, and punching way, way, down, and anyone who wasn't abandoned as an infant in a nursery wallpapered in racist caricatures with a Fox News mobile above the crib should have understood that, but whelp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew. They're not super talented or anything, but they always get a laugh when I tell people I have "the best pirate themed rap album of 2010."

• Locked thread