Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Allegedly Marseille is in talks with Newcastle to bring black Florian "Worst Winger of the 2014-15 Season" Thauvin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rumours abound that Marguerite Louis-Dreyfus has put OM up for sale. If it finally means punting the board and president I'm all for it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't care about Ligue 1 until RC Lens are back up.
How much would Marseille fetch. The new owners should sign a shirt & kit provider deal with Lacoste....imagine

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

If rumours are correct, the asking price is 100 million Euros. Given their history and popularity I have to imagine there will be a fair amount of interest, but I suppose we'll see.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

If rumours are correct, the asking price is 100 million Euros. Given their history and popularity I have to imagine there will be a fair amount of interest, but I suppose we'll see.

I don't know if the club owns the stadium or not, but it's also pretty desirable considering the recent updates.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

I don't know if the club owns the stadium or not, but it's also pretty desirable considering the recent updates.

Definitely - although I believe the city of Marseille owns the Velodrome. If I recall, most French cities still own the stadiums although I think that's started to change. I think that it's still, overall, the most popular team in France so that's a definite bonus. They also, this season, finally forced the ultras to relinquish their control of season-ticket allotments and percentages of gate receipts, so that has to help too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lot of reports that Lavezzi will finalize a transfer to Shanghai Shenua tomorrow. He'll make €15m/year (assuming he gets paid).

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

marseille are bossing this half so far which means it'll end up 1-3

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Lot of reports that Lavezzi will finalize a transfer to Shanghai Shenua tomorrow. He'll make €15m/year (assuming he gets paid).

What a waste.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

marseille are bossing this half so far which means it'll end up 1-3

you weren't far off in the end

sell the team and tar and feather labrune

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lavezzi has gone to China, but not Shanghai Shenhua, Hebei China Fortune, which is where Gervinho ended up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/17/ezequiel-lavezzi-psg-chinese-super-league-hebei-china-fortune?CMP=share_btn_tw

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

where Gervinho ended up.

I wonder if he ever got his private island.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
If PSG win today they are league champions, and they're up 3-0 in the 20th minute, sooooo yeah.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

If PSG win today they are league champions, and they're up 3-0 in the 20th minute, sooooo yeah.

How many matches are left? I think we can definitively stop making fun of Bayern and Germany and move on to this farce.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
French football

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

How many matches are left? I think we can definitively stop making fun of Bayern and Germany and move on to this farce.

8 to go

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

trem_two posted:

It's now 9-0. Ligue 1 is a joke

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in fairness it's not USUALLY this one-sided, though psg have won for the past few years

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Homework Explainer posted:

in fairness it's not USUALLY this one-sided, though psg have won for the past few years

It's actually a testament to the hard work behind making PSG an elite European side and it's good that it's paid off. Not good for Ligue 1 fans, necessarily, but anything that makes Europe overall more competitive is not strictly a bad thing.

Glad to see Zlatan still playing at such a high level this late in his career. I hope he retires at PSG.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Panama Red posted:

It's actually a testament to the hard work behind making PSG an elite European side and it's good that it's paid off. Not good for Ligue 1 fans, necessarily, but anything that makes Europe overall more competitive is not strictly a bad thing.

Glad to see Zlatan still playing at such a high level this late in his career. I hope he retires at PSG.

lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

it's not even like the money's not there, the tycoon who owns Stade Rennais has more money than anyone in soccer outside of QSI or Sheik Mansour

anyway, I sure am glad to see Ligue 1's complete devolution to the standard of the SPL

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"For the moment, I will not be at PSG next season. I still have a month and a half left here.

"If they replace the Eiffel Tower with a statue of me, then I will stay."

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

JFairfax posted:

"For the moment, I will not be at PSG next season. I still have a month and a half left here.

Vintage Zlatan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

JFairfax posted:

Lmao, come home Zlatan.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Panama Red posted:

paris are scum

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Panama Red posted:

but anything that makes Europe overall more competitive is not strictly a bad thing.

gently caress the CL, IMO.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rumour has it Marseille has contacted Jorge Sampaoli. I guess if you've burned the Marcelo Bielsa bridge, the next best thing is a natural second choice. It's not like they could pry Pocchetino away from Tottenham.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

quote:

Reports say PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be offered an incredible €75m per season by the Chinese government to move east. 

The Sweden international looks likely to be leaving the French champions this summer and Milan were among the clubs linked to a move for the striker.

La Repubblica have reported a shock development today by saying that the Chinese government are prepared to offer Zlatan €75m per season to become the face of their developing Super League.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

trem_two posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

Good for Zlatan. Should be a nice step up in competition from Ligue 1.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
he can go practice kung fu with the shaolin monks

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Method Mango posted:

Good for Zlatan. Should be a nice step up in competition from Ligue 1.

more than just about anyone, he'll bail the moment they don't pay him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:ughh:

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/731542622628659201

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

What a dreadful season

Maybe PSG won't run away with the title next year if Cavani and Ibrahimovic are both gone

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
PSG won the domestic treble parce que ligue 1 est horrible, but at least florian thauvin scored today

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lol PSG are winning 3-0 against Lyon at the end of the first half of the trophée des champions, what a poo poo garbage league ffs

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Le SPL

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm guessing they win the league by 35 points this year. emery will get his domestic trophy and i'll be very conflicted about it

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

France Football is reporting that Marseille has a buyer and he is bringing Marcelo "quit after two days with Lazio" Bielsa back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Cavani was so awful this weekend that he made Deadspin (PSG still won 3-0)

http://screamer.deadspin.com/edinson-cavani-put-together-a-lovely-performance-for-th-1785598539#_ga=1.59505965.1859324157.1456785132

Cette ligue est une loving joke