Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

This is RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Here's three cars of the July car pack

HINT #1: This cat is the David to the factory works Goliath teams.
HINT #2: It may seem Stars & Stripes, but this racer is a truly global effort.
HINT #3: Germany’s take on an Italian oddity.

First two are probably boring same-y high performance vehicles. Third...bubble car?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Finally, after many weeks of Ghost League races that I didn't give a poo poo about, this week is my bag. I've been playing DooM instead (finally learning to transition from mouse+keyboard to controller... not easy but I'm improving.)

D-500 Hot Hatchbacks. Right in my wheelhouse!

I am lucky that it's not a higher PI class because I can take a Renault 5 Turbo out and not have issues with controlling the power (there ain't much power) like my friend GutBomb driving it in higher classes and careening all over (much love, GB, even in D class this little bitch is a handful of oversteer!)

I'll break from DooM this week to run this in some ghost league racing, when I have time:

BTW I know I've mentioned this before but the Racer X Extreme Volume II album art is available, and so is my medium grip/speed tune so if you decide to download them (people are) please throw me a like if you remember to. The tune came out pretty nice. Not SO fast, but when the back end breaks loose it's manageable.

P.S. I set an 8% top TOTAL lap time in this car on Catalunya full in three laps.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 12, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AzSrRCQcZQ

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Worth it just for the truck. The bubble car is a bonus.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

jabro posted:

Worth it just for the truck. The bubble car is a bonus.

I'm sure it's already banned from Hoppers.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Incredible, can't wait to drive that truck!!

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
~17 minutes to lap the Nurburgring in a stock Isetta. I'm sure a skilled, practiced driver could do better, but that thing is all kinds of masochistic fun.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

triple clutcher posted:

~17 minutes to lap the Nurburgring in a stock Isetta. I'm sure a skilled, practiced driver could do better, but that thing is all kinds of masochistic fun.

https://www.facebook.com/DonJoewonSong/videos/585862981592052/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Hey guys, GRC is going to run the Japanese FWDs again tonight and start over from here. I'm all moved in to my new place and really want to get some racing going. Ignore the date in the poster, it's TONIGHT.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

last week, on GRC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6zOgc1cPs

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I was getting kinda nostalgic until the #JeSuisNice interlude. Jesus loving Christ on a stick, Dizz. I know, "Something Awful" "comedy website" and all, but... drat.

Glad you guys are having fun. I'm doing really well at work but my new schedule pretty much rules out racin' except late at night. Goonspeed y'all.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Jesus loving Christ on a stick, Dizz. I know, "Something Awful" "comedy website" and all, but... drat.

What is this feeling? Is it.. Hyoo-mon guilt? It hurts, make it stop :ohdear:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Guys we just had tons of fun racing prototypes on lemans and daytona and would love to have more people join us next week, wednesday the 27th at 9PM. Bookmark the thread link below and send either gutbomb or I a friend request and we'll send you an invite!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778523

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Getting ready for f1 night with GRC. 9PM!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I just picked up this game last week and I am having a ball!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Getting ready for f1 night with GRC. 9PM!

Kevin Smith car with a rebel flag. You never surprise me Matt.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

Kevin Smith car with a rebel flag. You never surprise me Matt.

Its a livery, its supposed to be recognizable

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So there's another car pack out today.

2016 Abarth 595 Biposto
2000 BMW 323Ti Sport
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
1979 Datsun #33 Bob Sharp Racing 280 ZX Turbo
1964 Ferrari F-158 F1
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP :stare:
1964 Watson #1 Sheraton-Thompson Special Roadster :stare::fh:

Do we have an FH3 thread in the works?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

So there's another car pack out today.

2016 Abarth 595 Biposto
2000 BMW 323Ti Sport
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
1979 Datsun #33 Bob Sharp Racing 280 ZX Turbo
1964 Ferrari F-158 F1
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP :stare:
1964 Watson #1 Sheraton-Thompson Special Roadster :stare::fh:

Do we have an FH3 thread in the works?

LOL there are so many good BMWs in the game and they add that piece of poo poo?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
WHERE'S MY DELOREAN, 1ST GENERATION RX-8, 3RD GENERATION ECLIPSE, AND SUZUKI CAPPUCCINO GOD DAMNIT???

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

WHERE'S MY DELOREAN, 1ST GENERATION RX-8, 3RD GENERATION ECLIPSE, AND SUZUKI CAPPUCCINO GOD DAMNIT???

Internet Proverb: "This, but unironically"

Anybody planning on racing this week?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm totally serious about those cars. I love goofy and stupid cars. Also a roadgoing FC would be nice.

GRC is doing F1 cars on Wednesday night and everyone is invited.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Add a Mazdaspeed AZ-1, Subaru XT6 and 2nd gen RX7 to this list and you've got a baller-rear end car pack.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

GRC is doing F1 cars on Wednesday night and everyone is invited.

Last week "Two weeks ago, on GRC..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ilY4fC-MI

VvV MG Metro is in the game VvV

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 3, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Where's my Fiero and MG

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I thought this was easier than a video this week:
Molghandi drifts *EuroBeat begins*

MattDizzle drifts back *Eurobeat intensifies*

I passed so illegally sorry molghandi/weinerdog.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 7, 2016

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Starting out. Really not sure about this career structure.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I went ahead and pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Horizon 3 :getin:

Someone should throw a thread up for that game soon-ish, it's only like a month and a half away.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Thanks for reminding me to pre order it. You not doing the FH3 thread? I'm actually excited smooth about it based off of FH2 that I haven't even looked at what it brings to the table other than Australia and some :krad: aussie cars that have never been featured in the series. Are clubs returning?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don't like making threads because I make bad OPs. I only made this one because the dual announcement of Watkins Glen and Brands Hatch, my two favorite race tracks in the world, made me more excited for a video game than I thought was even possible anymore.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Thought i'd mention this week on GRC we are doing E-Class. No race tires, no race aero. We've been doing mostly crazy-fast cars this month so if that was something not fun for you, be sure to jump into the kiddie pool this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLfwzz1Aj08

(PM me and i'll share the tune with you)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

:vince:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I'm betting the new DMC guy is still mad at Forza for what happened in 4.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

I'm betting the new DMC guy is still mad at Forza for what happened in 4.
What happened in FM4, Atmus? Is it interesting?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

What happened in FM4, Atmus? Is it interesting?

Interesting-ish. The Forzavista segment for the DeLorean had Jeremy Clarkson talking about the colored history of the original company and owner, and then he implied that the new guy was only making copies.. I guess the new guy got mad about that and Turn 10 quietly patched the whole spiel out, and DMC's never showed up again. New Guy was reportedly always a lawyer happy dick though, so it's not a big surprise he'd be mad about one line from a career car snob though.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That is interesting!

Gutbomb and I were talking recently and he mentioned FM7 on PC. This DeLorean talk reminded me of how cool the mod communities can be on the PC platform. How cool would it be if someone managed to make up an accurate DeLorean "Back to The Future" edition? That would be one awesome cockpit view. At least until the lawyers found them? I mean, bring on K.I.T.T. Make it say lines from Knight Rider.
The possibilities!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
It would probably be done by the modding community, and then the lawyers would have the completely worthwhile task of trying to remove urine from a pool.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boy oh man, I decided to try the new league to grab the unicorn they are handing out and all I gotta say is that whoever thought race cars with sim damage on was a good idea for a league was out of their loving minds. The multiplayer for this game is already enough of a miserable disaster with damage off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

Boy oh man, I decided to try the new league to grab the unicorn they are handing out and all I gotta say is that whoever thought race cars with sim damage on was a good idea for a league was out of their loving minds. The multiplayer for this game is already enough of a miserable disaster with damage off.

The leagues with damage haven't been this bad since they introduced sim damage at the beginning of the year. But now, add in all the idiots because prizes that they'll never win just adds to the chaos. That and they closed all the other leagues. The Mustang and Formula Ford leagues were horrible. T10 introduced "Race Marshals" but they seem to be non-existent. I'm not even bothering with this week. The normal 880 Modern GT league is usually not terrible, but I can't imagine this week being worth my time.

T10 also "fixed" some tracks to stop corner cutting, they just made the tracks worse. Lime Rock South Chicane is an utter clusterfuck of a chokepoint now and Silverstone National - they walled off the wrong part of the track to stop track cutters. They added a loving tire wall right against the track line so if you hit it, you stop cold instead of bounce off the wall as you would at Long Beach.

The overall experience with T10 / Forza the last few months has been awful so I'm probably done with it and skipping the new Horizon. I hope they revamp their entire approach to track cutting and extending for Forza 7, but I doubt it.

• Locked thread