Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Superconsndar posted:

"god if you watch someones dog while they gently caress off to another continent you should be a better dog owner than them and make their dog a good dog or STFU and if you're mad that you just thought you'd be dealing with some basic, reasonable dog and are now resentful that this was misconstrued to you how VERY DARE YOU, train the dog or shut up god I have a puppy pee pad thread to read and you're trashing it up!!" *slams pc mouse*

no

"if you watch someones dog while they gently caress off to another continent and the dog is an absolute piece of poo poo, you shouldn't have to keep that piece of poo poo in your house and if you do, it's your fault for continuing to put up with it since you are, literally, the only person who can put a stop to it at that point"

that's more accurate.

i never said once he should train the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Josie posted:

Jesus remind me to never ever vent about a poo poo situation a family member puts me in...

right????

you guys please stop making GBS threads up TBeats puppy thread full of really bad 2006 era dog advice about how to raise your garbage puppies, this is a serious forum

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

no

"if you watch someones dog while they gently caress off to another continent and the dog is an absolute piece of poo poo, you shouldn't have to keep that piece of poo poo in your house and if you do, it's your fault for continuing to put up with it since you are, literally, the only person who can put a stop to it at that point"

that's more accurate.

i never said once he should train the dog.

So what, exactly, are you mad about. Is it sincerely important to you that he stop venting about the dog? Why ?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats what are your opinions on pit bulls

I can solve this real quick

(it will tell me what I am talking to )

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Superconsndar posted:

So what, exactly, are you mad about. Is it sincerely important to you that he stop venting about the dog? Why ?

i'm actually not angry. stop projecting.

i just think it's silly to bitch about a problem that is relatively easy to solve.

Superconsndar posted:

TBeats what are your opinions on pit bulls

I can solve this real quick

(it will tell me what I am talking to )

if you pay attention to other threads i post in (i doubt you will and i don't expect you to) i am actually trying to get a pit bull rescued right now and given a better home because it is getting treated like crap by one of my neighbors (though nothing 'illegal' by Virginia law)

i also got my current dog when he was 5 weeks old because i thought he was an american staff.

probably my favorite breed.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
I'm gonna put out the super controversial opinion that it's both ok not to be comfortable with getting rid of a family members dog while they're out of the country and also complain about the inventive ways said dog continues to be the worst dog on earth

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ausrotten posted:

I'm gonna put out the super controversial opinion that it's both ok not to be comfortable with getting rid of a family members dog while they're out of the country and also complain about the inventive ways said dog continues to be the worst dog on earth

cool.

i'm gonna put out the super controversial opinion that if you have a problem as serious as the one described, it is reasonable to get rid of the problem and keep your sanity.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

TBeats posted:

.. Can put a stop to it at that point"

....i never said once he should train the dog.

In all honesty what are you advocating here, if you're not saying he should train the dog. As previously established 99% of the population isn't about to dump a dog that belongs to a family member, so since you're all about fixing problems, what should he do?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

if you pay attention to other threads i post in (i doubt you will and i don't expect you to) i am actually trying to get a pit bull rescued right now and given a better home because it is getting treated like crap by one of my neighbors (though nothing 'illegal' by Virginia law)

i also got my current dog when he was 5 weeks old because i thought he was an american staff.

PI goons, please hold my hand

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

TBeats posted:

cool.

i'm gonna put out the super controversial opinion that if you have a problem as serious as the one described, it is reasonable to get rid of the problem and keep your sanity.

Or
Get this
You avoid massive possibly relationship ruining fallout with your family, deal with the miserable loving dog as best you can, and continue to amuse the Internet with tales of the worst dog ever

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Superconsndar posted:

:getin:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Ausrotten posted:

Or
Get this
You avoid massive possibly relationship ruining fallout with your family, deal with the miserable loving dog as best you can, and continue to amuse the Internet with tales of the worst dog ever

No!!! You're ruining my posting experience!!!

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Good

I'm glad of it

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

I missed this at first

What does this even mean and what is your favorite breed

APBTs

or show staffs

and why was that your kneejerk idea of a pit bull

edit: why are they your favorite "breed" (lmao you havent specified a breed) :allears:

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 7, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ausrotten posted:

Or
Get this

If a dog destroys my house and I don't at the very least get money to cover everything plus a few bucks it would probably lead me to a falling out with family anyway. And even then I would probably still be pretty pissed at whoever dropped the dog in my lap like that.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Literally no one disagrees with this you idiot. What's baffling is that you care so much that he's telling people the dog is in fact bad

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Superconsndar posted:

Ew no you've got male goats

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Josie posted:

Ew no you've got male goats

Inhale deeply

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ausrotten posted:

Literally no one disagrees with this you idiot. What's baffling is that you care so much that he's telling people the dog is in fact bad

You're the one melting down about what I'm talking about lol YOU IDIOT

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

You're the one melting down about what I'm talking about lol YOU IDIOT

Answer my questions :3:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

well that escalated quickly. I didn't know that poor goon was saddled with crazydog, but if he had any idea about that dog he should have told his brother to gently caress off and if he did in fact know dog was crazyshit and still agreed to take it then lol deal with it. May I suggest send dog to a boarding kennel and sending his brother the bill? the boarding kennel I used didn't ask for cash up front you paid when you collected dog or no dog I guess.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Superconsndar posted:

I missed this at first

What does this even mean and what is your favorite breed

APBTs

or show staffs

and why was that your kneejerk idea of a pit bull

edit: why are their your favorite "breed" (lmao you havent specified a breed) :allears:

You seem to care a lot more than I do.

American staff is a breed (at least according to the AKC, which I put more stock in than whatever you have to say, but you're welcome to disagree I guess?) It is a type of pit bull. It is my favorite breed because I grew up around one and became fond of its personality and temperament. Not to mention superficial reasons (I think it is one of the most beautiful looking dogs).

YOU IDIOT!!!

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
Do NOT spoil the worst thread in pi with your amusing stories of a very awful dog it chaps my delicate butthole

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

TBeats posted:

i'm actually not angry. stop projecting.

i just think it's silly to bitch about a problem that is relatively easy to solve.

Some people get pits because they think they are awesome yet challenging dogs, and do the best they can to keep them physically and mentally healthy AND also know the challenges they represent.

Other people get pits because they like the feeling of "omg the poor breed is just misinderstood nanny dog gonna save them all I'm such a good person!" Those people tend to be the kind of people who go all organic vegan just to feel morally superior to everybody else. they also fail to understand that human relations are complex and nothing is ever black or white.

I kinda get the feeling you belong to the latter group.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

TBeats posted:

American staff is a breed (at least according to the AKC, which I put more stock in than whatever you have to say, but you're welcome to disagree I guess?) It is a type of pit bull. It is my favorite breed because I grew up around one and became fond of its personality and temperament. Not to mention superficial reasons (I think it is one of the most beautiful looking dogs).

YOU IDIOT!!!

I don't think you know the true temperament of real staffs, just saiyn'

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

YOU IDIOT!!!

Oh my god you guys this is better than I hoped for

you guys

Birdmod, delete PI and replace it with this post. This is why no one bothers anymore :D

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

American staff(TM) akc approved

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chido posted:

Some people get pits because they think they are awesome yet challenging dogs, and do the best they can to keep them physically and mentally healthy AND also know the challenges they represent.

Other people get pits because they like the feeling of "omg the poor breed is just misinderstood nanny dog gonna save them all I'm such a good person!" Those people tend to be the kind of people who go all organic vegan just to feel morally superior to everybody else. they also fail to understand that human relations are complex and nothing is ever black or white.

I kinda get the feeling you belong to the latter group.

No I would like a pit because I have a lot of time to dedicate to raising a dog properly and I'm fairly certain I could successfully raise one.

My dog, while not a full breed of any type, has been very challenging to raise. He was very destructive the first ~six months that I had him. But I took my time with it, realized that this was a problem I decided to take on, and put the time and energy into properly training him. He's going to be 2 in three days and is, at least according to several people, a very, very well behaved dog.

But you're more than welcome to continue making assumptions based on... One post on an Internet forum? Do you believe memes that get posted on Facebook?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

you guys

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

Chido posted:

I don't think you know the true temperament of real staffs, just saiyn'

You're a chicken, what do you know about staffy temperament

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

i want to quote this until the day i die

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

TBeats posted:

No I would like a pit because I have a lot of time to dedicate to raising a dog properly and I'm fairly certain I could successfully raise one.

My dog, while not a full breed of any type, has been very challenging to raise. He was very destructive the first ~six months that I had him. But I took my time with it, realized that this was a problem I decided to take on, and put the time and energy into properly training him. He's going to be 2 in three days and is, at least according to several people, a very, very well behaved dog.

But you're more than welcome to continue making assumptions based on... One post on an Internet forum? Do you believe memes that get posted on Facebook?

*reads this posts, remembers the pits super has raised that come from true fighting lines and remembers all the work she had to put to manage dogs that'd destroy most people's lives*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Oh honey you're that kind of people who would tell me "I know how growing up poor feels like, we only had one tv and one car at home and just one 1/2 bathroom!" when I grew up in the slumps of a third world country city.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chido posted:

Oh honey you're that kind of people who would tell me "I know how growing up poor feels like, we only had one tv and one car at home and just one 1/2 bathroom!" when I grew up in the slumps of a third world country city.

that's pretty much exactly right

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

staffys are nice looking dogs and I've known a few that were v friendly and also one got loose and nearly killed my kelpie x a few years ago before I kicked its ribs in, and a friend agreed to look after a staffy that was supposed to be the gentlest babby thing evar but it killed his jack russell when they weren't looking so I dunno maybe staffys are a dog you need to be careful about plz don't hate me

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Better yet, you're the kind of person who'd tell me how to cook real mexican food because you follow a youtube cooking channel when I'm actually mexican ahahahahahaahaha!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

*in wizard voice*

DOG

NIGHT

MELTDOWN

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chido posted:

Better yet, you're the kind of person who'd tell me how to cook real mexican food because you follow a youtube cooking channel when I'm actually mexican ahahahahahaahaha!

i would just go to taco bell actually.

you've got a manic thing going on with yourself

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

tbeats maybe u should leave the internet alone for a bit, go pet a dog.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I screenshotted it and I'm going to post it everywhere for the rest of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Fat Jesus posted:

staffys are nice looking dogs and I've known a few that were v friendly and also one got loose and nearly killed my kelpie x a few years ago before I kicked its ribs in, and a friend agreed to look after a staffy that was supposed to be the gentlest babby thing evar but it killed his jack russell when they weren't looking so I dunno maybe staffys are a dog you need to be careful about plz don't hate me

Maybe he should have been a better dog owner before agreeing to watch someone's dog did you ever think of that