Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

TBeats posted:

American staff is a breed (at least according to the AKC, which I put more stock in than whatever you have to say, but you're welcome to disagree I guess?) It is a type of pit bull. It is my favorite breed because I grew up around one and became fond of its personality and temperament. Not to mention superficial reasons (I think it is one of the most beautiful looking dogs).

YOU IDIOT!!!

Engrave this on my headstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Ausrotten posted:

Maybe he should have been a better dog owner before agreeing to watch someone's dog did you ever think of that

yes I told him he was dumb and dog died for his sins

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
If he was a good owner he would have cured that staffys da you should probably indignantly post that at him whenever he gets sad about his dog dying hth

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Engrave this on my headstone

My headstone is gonna say 'RIP Hog X, he died like he lived: fat and gay'

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

Fat Jesus posted:

yes I told him he was dumb and dog died for his sins

Doin the lords work my friend

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

my favorite breed is the american bull stafford dog terrier, a good family dog when raised in a family home

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Superconsndar posted:

a good family dog when raised in a family home

Something I never said lol but please tell me what my family dog (that you are assuming we got as a puppy) and family home were like lmao

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

Something I never said lol but please tell me what my family dog (that you are assuming we got as a puppy) and family home were like lmao

tell me more about the AKC and pit bulls

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

pit me up inside (can't pit up)

(saaaave me )

call my name and save me from the dogs

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Let the man vent about the incredibly awful dog he is dealing with until it goes away. He's clearly doing what he can and is honestly far more patient than I would ever be.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I'm just here to learn about pit bulls

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I believe you meant to say poo poo bull murder dogs.

Sarcasm ... I love pit bulls.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Verman posted:

I believe you meant to say poo poo bull murder dogs.

Sarcasm ... I love pit bulls.

They literally are shitbull murder dogs

and I love them too

but I want

TBeats in particular to enlighten me :allears:

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Supercondescending posted:

(saaaave me )

call my name and save me from the dogs

Gdi where's my writing credit Ms. Condescending

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

:yikes:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

I like your posts so come back soon ok

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

youre a good dog dude

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TBeats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Fat Jesus posted:

It's not the dog, it's you.

gently caress you, you idiot. As a lover of prims and a husky owner myself(though luckily he is very low maintenance, I thank whatever gods may be I didn't get a fuckface). Prims are very different from your lab type dogs, they're not super biddable. Huskies are especially insane and need a LOT of exercise on average, which it isnt getting atm(no slight on you, warbird, I know you're trying). They are a LOT more work than your average owner is willing to put in. Surprise! A breed bred to be high energy needs a lot of physical and mental stimulation or else they find a way to stimulate themselves. See also border collies which will make a job for themselves if they have to. They're not easy mode dogs.

Warbird has done more than most people asking for advice in this thread have done("exercise it more! Give it this high end crate! Cutting his balls off won't necessarily help" etc into infinity), in fact, if more people accepted advice with the grace they've done, maybe there would be more traffic in this goddamn thread because a poo poo ton of people are really smart about dogs here. I credit it with raising two dogs not to be fuckpigs.

IMO toss the dog your family member trusted you with into a shelter for convenience and permanently ruin your relationship with them is loving stupid advice. Hang in there warbird

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 7, 2016

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

TBeats posted:

If a dog destroys my house and I don't at the very least get money to cover everything plus a few bucks it would probably lead me to a falling out with family anyway. And even then I would probably still be pretty pissed at whoever dropped the dog in my lap like that.
Shut the gently caress up, your advice is terrible, stop trying to steal your neighbors dog.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

wtftastic posted:

Shut the gently caress up, your advice is terrible, stop trying to steal your neighbors dog.

Also warbird's sibling, last I checked, agreed to pay for any damages or medical costs

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Psychobabble! posted:

Hang in there warbird

I mean, he's been pretty chill and largely a great dog since the good crate and neutering. I suspect the former would have been fine along, but his aggression in the dogpark has gone way down in the weeks after his nesticles got taken off. Incidents like him going for a walkabout are the exception, not the rule. There's a reason I haven't been posting too often lately. The pooch is not to be trusted, but I can account for that now; and barring fairly uncommon incidents like the other day I have no issue with him. He's actually lower maintenance than the beagle as of late (her separation issues flared up after the Mrs. visited for a week and left).

I've got him for another week and the owner is compensating me for all the poo poo he destroyed and then some. My griping is done more for the enjoyment of the others in the thread than anything else. At a macro level I don't mind him having stayed here. It's been a learning experience and extremely interesting to say the absolute least. I might even stupid enough to take him in again if I'm in a larger place; he's started to grow on me as huskies do (ie- rashes or nonmalignant tumors).

tl;dr - Y'all slow your collective rolls.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Warbird, I've enjoyed your posts, much as I've enjoyed leading larchesdanrew's TV station saga in the tech support thread, or Sundae's accounts of corporate hell in BFC.

Supercondescending, Ausrotten, you two need to get a website where novice dog owners try and talk condescendingly to you about dogs, because it's hilarious every time.

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

The Lord of Hats posted:

Supercondescending, Ausrotten, you two need to get a website where novice dog owners try and talk condescendingly to you about dogs, because it's hilarious every time.

the gently caress did i ever do to you to deserve that punishment

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Ausrotten posted:

the gently caress did i ever do to you to deserve that punishment

You committed the mortal sin of being funny.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Warbird, I've enjoyed your posts, much as I've enjoyed leading larchesdanrew's TV station saga in the tech support thread, or Sundae's accounts of corporate hell in BFC.

All the old, dead, rotting PI regulars just live here now like the sad, bitter moms we are https://www.facebook.com/groups/Godblessamerican/

It's why this subforum is dead now; now we are free. Come to us *hold out hand*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh a busy morning in the dumb dogge thread...

*record skip*

I want to hear more about the adventures of this hypothetical dog trainer and his hypothetical pit bull staffordshire great pyrenees chow shiatsu.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Supercondescending posted:

All the old, dead, rotting PI regulars just live here now like the sad, bitter moms we are https://www.facebook.com/groups/Godblessamerican/

It's why this subforum is dead now; now we are free. Come to us *hold out hand*

And what if you don't have facebook- oh my god you changed your name this is the best thing ever.

Join PIFB if you want to listen to people talk about booze, dogs, and rock n roll from what I've been told but :ohdear: I'd never do such a thing personally honestly I mean I just couldn't.

AsYouWish
Nov 28, 2015
TBeats is still gone

I just want to learn you guys :(

AsYouWish
Nov 28, 2015
*flaps hands*

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

AsYouWish posted:

TBeats is still gone

I just want to learn you guys :(

It was Saturday night, friend. I don't forum much when I have stuff to do!

But thanks for thinking about me like a weirdo :)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
there is no other way to think about a person

or a goon

or tbeats

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There's been a baby lizard hanging around one of the mulch beds, and my dog is stupid and thinks it is hiding several feet below the earth. After she dug a hole larger than her own body twice, I've put a layer of chicken wire under the mulch and napalmed the whole area with bitter apple.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

12 year old chihuahua.

Woke up Monday and couldn't turn her neck anymore. Won't use the doggy door. Is walking with a considerably odd gait.

Weirdest, it's like her whole body has shifted to a side.

Stroke? Slipped a disc out of nowhere?

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

FizFashizzle posted:

Stroke? Slipped a disc out of nowhere?
Could be any number of things, most of which are very painful, so you should really take her to a vet. Or really you should have taken her to a vet Monday morning but better late than never. Disc disease is really common but again could be lots of things.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
My wife and I both were gone this last weekend, so my pup had to spend a weekend with a dog sitter. When I got home on Monday, after he finished assaulting me with his crazy GSP love, I noticed this on his eye and felt more on his cheeks:

I thought it could have just been some sort of gunk but he pulls away if I try to get it off. They look and feel like they could maybe be scabs? Wanted to see if anyone here recognized it before I took him in.

edit: they started falling off, guess they were scabs!

joem83 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 12, 2016

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
What is the opinion on weruva's dogs in the kitchen dog food and solid gold? My dog loves both and the cats love the equivalent wet food. I've been giving him (rat terrier) one daily and dry food to free feed. Is this ok?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What's the best way to introduce a dog to other dogs if I can't/don't want to take them to an off leash dog park.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Carmant posted:

What's the best way to introduce a dog to other dogs if I can't/don't want to take them to an off leash dog park.

A specific other dog or just other dogs in general?

For a specific other dog leashed walks in neutral territory are good, for other dogs in general take them to places frequented by other dogs like walking paths and pet stores or sign up for some sort of training class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Carmant posted:

Your local animal shelter might run classes where dogs can be introduced to each other.