Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

It would be "funny" if the game would should your win rate with the selected hero in the hero selection screen, provided that you have done above a certain limit of games with that hero. I mean sure, you COULD always click everyone's profile and calculate it yourself, but meh. This way, you could instantly separate the God Genjis from the lovely Genjis, the trolling offensive Torbrörns from the 70% winrate offensive Torbjörns etc. Of course it''s not going to happen for the same reasons that there is no actual scoreboard, but I kind of feel that if you're dat guy with 80% of your games as Hanzo, people deserve to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I"m having a really hard time parsing any of this

Willie Tomg posted:

You're saying a lot of mechanically factual things, then implying they're qualitatively bad, when in fact if you played most of the other heroes you did not play when you played "Dva" and "Zarya" you'd achieve good results. This is the process of becoming "okay"

see you in the tryhard thread.

Willie Tomg posted:

hrm. it appears the red team is not making mistakes upon which to capitalize as zarya or dva.

perhaps i would be more useful as rein or winston? dareisay a redundant healer?

no. no, it is the game, which is trash. furthermore;

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ster suggests that the constant tinkering with the basketball physics in spawn was probably secret testing for lucioball and my mind is blown

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jastiger posted:

I"m having a really hard time parsing any of this

No one is surprised at this

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like to train against medium AI bots and get a feel for characters. If I do it against real people I end up dying a heck of a lot. Especially to crazy ninja Genzis. One guy in a random casual match was amazingly jumping everywhere around me and got me about five times in a row. It was only my fifth match so I had no idea what to do against it.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
hard A.I Anas with only headshots allowed is a good way to practice your aim on small moving targets without having to worry about taking damage

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Notable Dom X posted:

hard A.I Anas with only headshots allowed is a good way to practice your aim on small moving targets without having to worry about taking damage

I wish the training room had more options for this kind of thing

I'd like bots that move faster/erratically and ones that fly in the training room. it'd be cool to have options like tr_walkway in tf2 had so that you could cutsomize what the bots were doing a little

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Does "chat banned" mean he was just banned from using the chat or was he banned from the game for being abusive in chat?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait am I supposed to be getting headshots with ana?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bolivar posted:

It would be "funny" if the game would should your win rate with the selected hero in the hero selection screen, provided that you have done above a certain limit of games with that hero. I mean sure, you COULD always click everyone's profile and calculate it yourself, but meh. This way, you could instantly separate the God Genjis from the lovely Genjis, the trolling offensive Torbrörns from the 70% winrate offensive Torbjörns etc. Of course it''s not going to happen for the same reasons that there is no actual scoreboard, but I kind of feel that if you're dat guy with 80% of your games as Hanzo, people deserve to know.

It really sucks trying to learn literally any one of the offensive heroes right now because everyone assumes you'll be amazing and carry the team with them. Then you switch to the one you're good at again so you can actually carry the team

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

kater posted:

No. You practice with Anas because they can't headshot and therefore can't kill you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So there's a thread on the forums saying they plan to disable comp mode for 3 weeks between season 1 and 2. That seems kind of awful. I'm not sure I can go back to QP with people not giving a poo poo if they win or lose whatsoever at this point and 3 weeks seems excessive.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o I wouldn't worry about people not wanting to win in qp. there are gimmick teams, yea, but plenty of people tryhard there. even more will be like that while comp is in its off season

kater posted:

ana doesn't have a headshot multiplier so it doesn't matter where you hit someone with her

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Verranicus posted:

So there's a thread on the forums saying they plan to disable comp mode for 3 weeks between season 1 and 2. That seems kind of awful. I'm not sure I can go back to QP with people not giving a poo poo if they win or lose whatsoever at this point and 3 weeks seems excessive.

tryhard killjoy spotted.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

tryhard killjoy spotted.

I play Torbjorn in comp.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I play Torbjorn in comp.

So why would you care?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the general attitude in Quick Play has gotten better since comp was introduced since all the suicidally depressed gamers rage there to establish their sense of self-worth.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I got to live the dream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jab0OhZBwPU&sns=em

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in a situation where you are walking straight ahead and there are no obstacles, whats faster, walking as reaper or teleporting?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Davincie posted:

in a situation where you are walking straight ahead and there are no obstacles, whats faster, walking as reaper or teleporting?

Teleporting can often be faster I'd say, if you pick a spot really far away.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

:agreed:

Also if you say "no re" and then stick around after the xp tally for the next match with the same people

I lost a game to a stack with rein that went lol ez gg no re, then stuck around. I decided to tryhard with zarya and we blew them out of the water, then I said "gg no re rein ^^" and the fucker literally ragequit. That felt good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Since I play this game for funsies (although some QM players like to point out my username to claim otherwise) with a relatively low playtime compared to most, I have no idea what "no re" means, and I have never seen it in a game. How condescending is this phrase?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It just means "no rematch," as if your opponent isn't even worth your time. I've never seen it used non-jokingly however.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the explanation. I should probably just turn off chat completely, only leaving group text chat and voice chat for team/group.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I like to respond to rage/salt chat with the simple statement "I'm sorry you're upset."

This often prompts even greater apoplexy about a dumb video game where cartoon people shoot each other, which amuses me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Another fun thing to do is just agree to whatever they say, which promotes further rage.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Apparently my placement matches were a bad indicator of my actual skill.

Since being ranked 45, I've named to lose just about every match.

It could be I just suck at this game.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The rank system they've got on the go is pretty great. The upper and lower echelons should be unattainable and the rankings are pretty right in skill level. With a much more penalizing leaver system and adjustments to tie breakers it would be the best comp experience blizz has offered.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I raised my McCree weapon accuracy from a dismal 33% career average to a bad 41%. progress!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does shooting things in the spawn room count against your accuracy

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I... am not sure. I doubt it. I did use that time to figure out how much mouse drag I should use when fanning to counteract the gradual rise.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

As soon as the round starts, accuracy is tracked against everything. You're free to blast away during prep time.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Davincie posted:

Teleporting at max range is slightly faster than walking that same distance, especially if there's a slope or something.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

kojei posted:

As soon as the round starts, accuracy is tracked against everything. You're free to blast away during prep time.

Oh, I have a habit of shooting at walls when I'm running from spawn :gary:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

No one is surprised at this

I went and re read fresh and it appears he is criticizing something that I didnt say.

In chat ill start using puns or roleplaying my hero if the other team is salty or even my own team.
"Bastion go tank."

"I turn into a tank, idiot"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jastiger posted:

"Bastion go tank."

"I turn into a tank, idiot"

Nice.

It is weird that the guy named "bastion" is not a tank. When I first started playing I mixed him up with Reinhardt because that name better suits the fortress man with a giant shield.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Otisburg posted:

Nice.

It is weird that the guy named "bastion" is not a tank. When I first started playing I mixed him up with Reinhardt because that name better suits the fortress man with a giant shield.

Bastion used to have a reinhardt style shield that deployed when he was in turret form.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

He also couldn't look behind him in turret form with the shield, making him an even more severe "can you flank? y(win)/n(lose)" newbie check.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Bastion used to have a reinhardt style shield that deployed when he was in turret form.

He does, when I'm playing Reinhardt and someone goes Bastion. :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Otisburg posted:

He does, when I'm playing Reinhardt and someone goes Bastion. :evilbuddy:

I didn't know it was possible for 2 people to be banned for cheating at once