Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Lemair is retired, you can't take him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JoelJoel is skipped. Menamino can pick

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

tofes posted:

Lemair is retired, you can't take him

He's still alive so I thought maybe it could work.

Guy Boucher is also a fan of the trap, isn't he? I'll take him, then.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I like Boucher, plus he looks intimidating as gently caress

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

Is it just me or is the Canucks' roster the worst in the league? I don't think they're the worst team in the league but it's basically a bunch of bad players, underwhelming prospects, and the Sedins

They're probably the worst team going into next season yes. Management and Ownership has spent the last three years crossing their fingers for a miracle season to prime the team for a sale. They got one, and it resulted in a six game humiliation at the hands of the Flames. It'll take another couple years before they shut it down and rebuild completely (despite it being apparent that was necessary four years ago). They spin it as giving the Sedins another chance, but they can't be expected to produce more than 55 points next year. The best thing for everyone would be to trade them to a contender, but management is deluded into thinking they can stumble across the right mix so they'll keep throwing good picks and players at garbage waiver fodder propped up by intangibles.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

saturday's for skippin

tofes can pick

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Ruff.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

oh didn't know it was back around already, I don't have a list currently so I'll look around for someone who appears decent and pick soon

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

We'll take Yannick Weber

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface is up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I need to finish off my rear end in a top hat line and Tom Wilson can be that rear end in a top hat. He probably has terrible fancy stats and gets paid too much but I dont care because my 4th line is going to physically break your best players and let me coast to victory.

e:
Mathieu Perreault - Robby Fabbri - FCP
Tanner Pearson - David Desharnais - Teuvo Teravainen
Josh Ho Sang - Marcus Kruger - Marko Dano
Tom Wilson - Ryan White - Andrew Shaw

Duncan Keith - Aaron Ekblad
Dennis Wideman - Niklas Hjalmarsson

Corey Crawford

I made a team!

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 7, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my list of decent available skaters is a 32-sided dice roll of poo poo so i'll take Alain Vigneault because i think the gap between him and the next best coach is wide, and it drops off a cliff pretty shortly thereafter

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'm too sleepy to comb through the 3rd lines of every team in the nhl so I'm just gonna go with a guy i know in casey cizikas

he makes a bit too much money and his fancies aren't great but I watch him all the time and I think he's better than that and that's good enough for me at 3am on a saturday

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I think now that Frans is gone, Cizikas might be the 3rd most important guy on that team after JT and Leddy. He's the reason why The Best 4th Line In Hockey was ever effective when Clutterbuck and Martin were throwing their goony bodies around and taking themselves out of plays. He's easily one of the 5, if not 3, most defensively responsible guys on that team and I wouldn't be surprised if his bad fancies were because of Fred Flintstone's lovely deployment and not because he secretly sucks

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I kinda feel the same way about him, it's hard to really quantify it though. He might see an increased role this year but if Barzal makes the team and gets a top 6 role as expected then Cizikas will probably be in the same exact role he has been in in the past on the 4th line.

Maybe Capuano will get fired one day and he'll get to do other stuff, maybe

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bottom 6 guys are never the 3rd most important players on a team. Cizikas is also horribly overpaid for what he brings.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

as we come to the dead part of the draft, do you guys want to do what we did last season at some point and go to the 1 hour timelimit?

mentholmoose has until 11:27, then Good Soldier Svejk can pick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I need to figure out what terrible 6th D are still left to go with my awful backup goalie choices...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll do a dice roll on Tomas Jurco.
He could be better than he was, and if not he's still a really good 4th liner. I don't have much else to justify this because it seems like a possibility that he may not even be on the opening roster for the wings.

Flyinglemur follows.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Holy crap, my pick came around a lot quicker than I thought and I didn't even notice. My bad.

Nick Cousins seems like an alright pick at this stage, so I'll take him.

e: Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
Sam Bennett-Nicklas Backstrom-Travis Konecny
Andrew Cogliano-Tomas Plekanec-J.T. Miller
x-Nick Cousins-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis
Brandon Davidson-x

Ben Bishop

Coach: Peter Laviolette

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 7, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
As much as I want to take Mike Yeo just so I can fire him, I need a coach that is good at relating to young players, has innovative practice methods and always gives good, smiling interviews.

Gimme Disco Dan Bylsma

Boomer you are up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Holy crap, my pick came around a lot quicker than I thought and I didn't even notice. My bad.

Nick Cousins seems like an alright pick at this stage, so I'll take him.

i like nick cousins a little which is a lot more than can be said for the rest of the unpicked forwards

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer is skipped, Otis Reddit has until 3:54

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Just looking on my phone, I think Colton Sceviour is still available.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Otis got skipped at 3:54, The RECAPITATOR is being skipped still, so Paulocaust can pick whenever but was skipped at 5:54 and stab is up

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
gently caress it time to go homer with a low cost low ceiling player

Daniel Carr

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I'll take one Michal Roszival to go please, for my 7D spot.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take JT Compher

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Soooooooo slow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

FBS, Ginette Reno, Metapod, Technetium are all skipped, lazerwolf is up

i say we switch to the 1 hour rule now and kill these last rounds off

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

Agreed

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I'll take Michael Latta

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I can't wait that long, I'm going to bed and picking Mark Fayne who is ostensibly an NHL defenseman. In the unlikely event that lazerwolf wanted him, *fart noise*.

See, problem solved. Thanks wolf of lazer.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

At some point it becomes easier to switch to just doing a round a day and you can make your pick any time that day

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm taking Chad Johnson as a backup.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

I can't wait that long, I'm going to bed and picking Mark Fayne who is ostensibly an NHL defenseman. In the unlikely event that lazerwolf wanted him, *fart noise*.

See, problem solved. Thanks wolf of lazer.

You got a problem with Holden but you're okay with letting Fayne near your team? That def makes sense.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm taking Chad Johnson as a backup.

Man, I was really hoping he'd make it back to me. I think my team is decent enough that he and Hutton could've split starts until Demko was ready.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Someone who needs a goalie, I need a defenseman. Let the offers roll in.....

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I had no idea I was up because I don't know what time is

Give me LINUS HULTSTRÖM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Elliot/Johnson seems to be an above-average tandem, especially in front of my defense, which I am very pleased with.

• Locked thread