Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Virginia is right about where you'd expect it to be at this point in time. Clinton is leading there in the RCP average by 7% and also leading Trump by 7% nationally. Obama won the popular vote in 2012 by a little under 4%, and Virginia by almost that same exact margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Was just talking to a friend of mine about Ted Cruz's 2020 plans and heard a very interesting wrinkle: Joni Ernst. If the semi-popular Senator Hogballs, a far-right veteran woman with clear presidential aspirations, runs, Iowa becomes about 10 times harder for Cruz. Given Cruz doesn't have a shot in hell in NH, a Joni Ernst candidacy would really box him in in a tricky way.

Thoughts?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I mean is it that hard to believe that some heavily black districts in urban centers might not be voting for mitt goddamn romney

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Patter Song posted:

Was just talking to a friend of mine about Ted Cruz's 2020 plans and heard a very interesting wrinkle: Joni Ernst. If the semi-popular Senator Hogballs, a far-right veteran woman with clear presidential aspirations, runs, Iowa becomes about 10 times harder for Cruz. Given Cruz doesn't have a shot in hell in NH, a Joni Ernst candidacy would really box him in in a tricky way.

Thoughts?

Joni Ernst sounded brain-dead in her rnc speech, her rising star status might not be totally assured

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/CarlToddHand/status/762333829386293248

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Have you seen the zapp branigan trump images? I read them in Zapp's voice. It's spot on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCJxR

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Trumpeters already hate Paul Democrat Ryan, some are mad at Trump for giving the guy the time of day.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

shiksa posted:

Joni Ernst sounded brain-dead in her rnc speech, her rising star status might not be totally assured

This is the problem with those super safe Republican states, the rising stars are graded not on any governing ability but on ideological purity.

The Cottons and the Ernsts and the Amashs will hit a wall.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Did Sean Hannity rt his own tweet?????

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Woo hoooo I got to troll Dilbertblog https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/762338735375593472

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Idgi. What is the significance of philly inquirer?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

broken clock opsec posted:

This is the problem with those super safe Republican states, the rising stars are graded not on any governing ability but on ideological purity.

The Cottons and the Ernsts and the Amashs will hit a wall.

It won't really be a disadvantage, considering that Ted Cruz fits that description perfectly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

JHomer722 posted:

It's the basis of his rigged conspiracy theory because some voting districts in Philly and Cleveland as reported by the PE had 0 votes for Romney in 2012.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 7, 2016

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

JHomer722 posted:

they apparently have DOCUMENTED PROOF (afaik hannity hasn't actually linked anything specific) that nobody in a few minority-heavy districts voted for Mittens, which apparently constitutes a rigged election and not that :mitt: was a terrible candidate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JHomer722 posted:

he is stretching more than goatse basically

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Have you seen the zapp branigan trump images? I read them in Zapp's voice. It's spot on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCJxR

I think we've found today's thread title link

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im amazed there hasn't been an attempt to associate trump search results with something hosed up ala Santorum

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/761749957007306752

EXCLUSIVE - Sean Hannity Had Eggs For Breakfast

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Eonwe posted:

im amazed there hasn't been an attempt to associate trump search results with something hosed up ala Santorum

If you search "Donald Trump" on google image search you get some really disgusting pictures.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Eonwe posted:

it works on my machine

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

MadJackal posted:

Oh goody, we're going to see mainstream news anchors call the election illegitimate this year, thus encouraging Republicans in Congress to further shut down the basic functioning of government.

I wonder if we'll see SCOTUS seats filled in the next 4 years.

It isn't hard to imagine the current rationale for SC obstructionism "let the people choose who will decide the next Justice!" carried forward post-election "Hillary shouldn't get to choose the SC because she didn't really win!"

I would hesitate to say that Trump is laying the groundwork for that particular argument since he's the human id personified and doesn't care who ends up on the Supreme Court, but that won't stop some elements of the Republican Party from taking that ball and running with it.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

JHomer722 posted:

it was philly enquirer in the original tweet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I wish I had a Costco card

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

I wish I had a Costco card

its $55 and you can walk around in the store before getting one if you aren't sure

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GamingHyena posted:

It isn't hard to imagine the current rationale for SC obstructionism "let the people choose who will decide the next Justice!" carried forward post-election "Hillary shouldn't get to choose the SC because she didn't really win!"

I would hesitate to say that Trump is laying the groundwork for that particular argument since he's the human id personified and doesn't care who ends up on the Supreme Court, but that won't stop some elements of the Republican Party from taking that ball and running with it.

It won't work. Assuming the dems at least tie the senate, they can change the rules to be a simple majority for all appointments. Because the republicans hold the majority in the senate, the can be obstructionist right now. Post election, that may not be the case.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hillary will just recess appoint though

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Fullhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/761749957007306752

EXCLUSIVE - Sean Hannity Had Eggs For Breakfast

I truly hate Sean Hannity with the fire of a thousand suns. But I suppose that's his job so he's good at it I guess.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/762344778805547008

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
rip the rest of nate's hair

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Edit: Beaten and denied by my q-bank.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
jynx, you all owe me a soda

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Eonwe posted:

its $55 and you can walk around in the store before getting one if you aren't sure

IIRC you can also get a full refund (or maybe prorated?) if you later regret it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

really don't understand the elitist insult Hannity throws out all the time

bruh you are probably very rich who are you to complain about people who are "elites"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Ostentatious posted:

bruh you are probably very rich who are you to complain about people who are "elites"

This is the entire ethos of the Republican party. A rich man's party masquerading as a poor man's party.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ostentatious posted:

Hannity is at least a college dropout so its more understandable coming from him

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

As with most things Nate says, he's not wrong, but at the same time, shut up Nate.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mannerup posted:

rip the rest of nate's hair

thta hair....

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

And he lives in a fancy pants part of Long Island, too. loving phony rear end in a top hat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hannity is at least a college dropout so its more understandable coming from him

Unlike his former time slot rival in Rachel Maddow who has a doctorate in politics from Oxford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

they apparently have DOCUMENTED PROOF (afaik hannity hasn't actually linked anything specific) that nobody in a few minority-heavy districts voted for Mittens, which apparently constitutes a rigged election and not that :mitt: was a terrible candidate
Trump is trying to do the same thing only for the whole country. A foolproof strategy.

• Locked thread