Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I miss poisoning the baked bread and leaving it for people to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh look, my interest is suddenly a magician who only does vanishing acts.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

lmbo ok

discuss the ramfications

economic view points "its realistic and armies march on their stomachs."

ok go

At first i was also like "oh boy here we go" but then I started thinking about it and I kind of see what they're going for. The idea that you need to have some kind of "upkeep" over time for your character means that storing and attacking stuff like that ("food stores" or what not) has a meaningful effect on how longer battles can play out and how the campaign goes over time. I think there IS a fine line to hit between that being compelling gameplay or just an annoying thing to have to deal with but there are plenty of knobs to be turned there to work on that. It's also entirely possible they could make a "no hunger" campaign world at some point if it turns out a lot of people really aren't into the concept. Capntastic brought up a good point to in that this has some interesting potential for interactions with the campaign worlds as they turn toward winter.

I'm not about to Chicken Little over this or anything but I'm a little skeptical that they can REALLY make this work without it being an annoyance, but we'll see. They seem to be pretty willing to change stuff that's clearly not working, so far. As long as the system is relatively uncomplicated to deal with it might not be too bad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Todd mentioned food stores in a forum post, so food caravans could be very well a thing and chefs are a possible profession

Another economic layer ontop of minerals/ores could be interesting.

I am pretty skeptical and I know that hunger mechanics are generally a very razor thin thing to manage without feeling like you have to pop a thousand apples like they're on a timer.

Good golly, all this calories I have to burn after swallowing a billion duped apples :v: I'll kill everything for a month without even feeling a thing.

I hope there's no whack a mole hunger bar that you have to deal with, as it looms over you the entire campaign.

We know that the campaign cycles through seasons so it could be logical that the first phase, the spring is all about preparation and gathering resources, trading, raiding those resources to keep an edge.

Something something grasshopper, something something ant :v:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Rasmussen posted:

I miss poisoning the baked bread and leaving it for people to find.

trapped boxes in town, weighted down with junk :allears:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Okay, but... Cannibalism? y/n?

Aegy
Jun 2, 2006
Resident Lurker
I've definitely spent a bunch of money on this. Worth

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anoia posted:

Only if it comes as part of a robust Cuisine skill line.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Orv posted:

Only if it comes as part of a robust Cuisine skill line.

God I just remembered all the poo poo you could do with body parts in UO.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/11895-guild-spotlight-in-atcf/#entry284632

lol~

heres soem goon outreach potential :ocelot::grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

strong y

i basically worship namira you see~

Orv
May 4, 2011
Guild banner: :frogout:
Guild overview: Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

I actually tried to do one of the recent play tests and zero other people showed up for the five minutes I had it on my other monitor, so Crowfall is doing swimmingly.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

$30 well gambled, so long as the centaur has an emote to count with their hooves like I asked.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i dont have testing access but im totally sure this game is going to be amazing. cf will save gaming

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Refund time yet?

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Is there an expected release year at this point?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aren't they basically releasing to "Early Access" in December or something? So anyone can buy and get in but its still not finished nonsense.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Refund time yet?

If you're only in for $30 or whatever the game itself is coming along at a steady pace, it's just a question of whether it actually ends up worth playing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I imagine only the people out thousands on virtual castles are antsy at this point. All I expect is a game, and not even much of a game, available at some point.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I thought Crowfall was actually making pretty solid progress. Are people that annoyed?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean do you even need to ask that question? Crowfall could be delivering daily oral sex and a thousand dollars and they'd be up in arms about something.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Orv posted:

I mean do you even need to ask that question? Crowfall could be delivering daily oral sex and a thousand dollars and they'd be up in arms about something.

The Kickstarter promised the right amount of teeth would used; so far they have failed to even implement any teeth.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Look, it can't be a professional every time, they have operating costs.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
It hasn't even been a year and a half yet. Holy poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You of all people should realize that some people have unrealistic expectations of video game development.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Guinecians are being worked on, any decent person's anguish should be snuffed out.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orv posted:

You of all people should realize that some people have unrealistic expectations of video game development.

Literal lol'd

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im very angry, why isnt MY videogame out yet

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Blazing Zero posted:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Blazing Zero posted:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

There are now some "officially supported" trading sites if you want to buy an older backer reward or sell the one you have: http://www.anshex.com/index.php?cmd=crowfall/index

they're currently buying the silver/gold/amber kickstarter packages at their original cost and selling them for a bit more. You could probably get more for them on playerauctions but there's not a lot of volume on playerauctions

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I sold my 2015 gold patron for $10 less than what it's worth. Assuming someone has a bronze/silver/gold or amber Kickstarter pledge at the early bird price, I'll buy it off you at cost via PayPal.

Email me: alexanderdelarge@outlook.com

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 7, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Orv posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I only like to razz because I think its funny to pretend to be upset over video games if you really think about the absurdity of it all

and furthermore

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I sold my 2015 gold patron for $10 less than what it's worth. Assuming someone has a bronze/silver/gold or amber Kickstarter pledge at the early bird price, I'll buy it off you at cost via PayPal.

Email me: alexanderdelarge@outlook.com

:chloe:

Jesus dude, I burned like a decent chunk of cash on this and never regretted it, I only like to pretend to regret it because it's funny to pretend :argh: at things because I don't get upset and I don't get why people get so easily upset about things but okay

but you backed in, then backed out, and now you want to burn back in? What's going on here friend, do you need help?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

Jesus dude, I burned like a decent chunk of cash on this and never regretted it, I only like to pretend to regret it because it's funny to pretend :argh: at things because I don't get upset and I don't get why people get so easily upset about things but okay

but you backed in, then backed out, and now you want to burn back in? What's going on here friend, do you need help?

Anshex will buy your gold kickstarter packages for $25 more than the early bird price and amber kickstarter packages for $35 more than the early bird price so if you can get people to sell them to you for the early bird price it's a nice easy flip

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Flavahbeast posted:

Anshex will buy your gold kickstarter packages for $25 more than the early bird price and amber kickstarter packages for $35 more than the early bird price so if you can get people to sell them to you for the early bird price it's a nice easy flip

:eyepop:

Imagine that~

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

Flavahbeast posted:

I just want the Kickstarter rewards tbh (that's why I included bronze/silver which don't have early bird pricing). Disregard, I'll buy a Gold pledge for $175 (same as the store is offering) but I don't want amber unless someone is willing to part with it for $215 (early bird)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 8, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Meanwhile I turned my poo poo into some swank headphones because testing the game isn't worth the time or trouble, so now I just have a "when it's out" package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I wanna keep my six years and three months of free vip damnit.