Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nighthand posted:

Do we even want to know how high?

Well to transfer a level 80~85 epic, you need 180 epic souls. Each epic gives 1 soul now when dissembled and hell mode can drop 1 soul instead of eyes. The conversion rate was 5 eyes to 1 soul.

So which is worse? Getting 1000 fragments or farming 180 souls. Note that fragments are also account shared now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Epic rework went live sometime yesterday and the changes are now documented in the Google Doc file in the first post of this thread: http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-epic-equipment-rework-update-july-28.12418/

A couple interesting things to note is that apparently Mana Vortex now resets any skill whose cooldown is 30s or less, whereas before it was apparently just 1-45 skills, Nature Guardian's pieces got a patk/matk nerf of about 12 per piece from what they were in test server (which still makes it outrageously good), and Berserk is still the go-to Fighter weapon if you got it. Overall more or less negligible changes from what the Epic sets were in test server. Good game Neople, I appreciate you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So did Heaven's Luck Sword lose the +brand for ice/fire wave sword or is it just not noted on that doc?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

So did Heaven's Luck Sword lose the +brand for ice/fire wave sword or is it just not noted on that doc?

All those extra bonus effects were lost for +7% additional damage. I would say the sword actually got worse because of that.

edit: On the hand, the additional damage is no longer class limited, so anyone who can use a SS can take advantage of it.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 28, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, if you added a bunch of junk alts to the guild to take advantage of the guild event, remove them unless you are planning on using those certs in a reasonable amount of time.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

All those extra bonus effects were lost for +7% additional damage. I would say the sword actually got worse because of that.

edit: On the hand, the additional damage is no longer class limited, so anyone who can use a SS can take advantage of it.

I feel like the +2 skills from 20-50 instead of just the current 50 bonus outweighs it for pretty much every asura build that isn't specific ghost orb setups. That's the only instance I can think of that would suffer, and even then I'm not sure.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

I feel like the +2 skills from 20-50 instead of just the current 50 bonus outweighs it for pretty much every asura build that isn't specific ghost orb setups. That's the only instance I can think of that would suffer, and even then I'm not sure.

I think the Ghost Orb era is finally dead with this change. :v:

I still see a lot of Asuras using this sword in raid but all of them switched from chrons to 6pc Gracia. So every Asura is more or less going with a balanced build. I barely see any chron sets on Asuras now. Not even the crescent spam.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

I still see a lot of Asuras using this sword in raid but all of them switched from chrons to 6pc Gracia. So every Asura is more or less going with a balanced build.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. The HL changes coupled with the Yin nerfs would have me leaning that way too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

As much as I like the extra 7% damage that's some bullshit for sure, especially since it means the sword is also completely bonkers as hell for Chaos (and others) now while one of the classes that it was focused on the most before gets left behind. :sigh:

HLS seems like it's got to be hands down BiS for Chaos now, unless there's people using Byeol for the 50% additional damage to make Geno Crush hit as stupidly hard as possibly.

Somefool posted:

I still see a lot of Asuras using this sword in raid but all of them switched from chrons to 6pc Gracia. So every Asura is more or less going with a balanced build. I barely see any chron sets on Asuras now. Not even the crescent spam.

Makes sense. I haven't started farming the set for my Asura yet (and it's awful farming it on my monk without help because his damage feels mediocre) but I don't see why you'd use Chrons outside of the 6/3 hybrid setup for GQ hold slave work. Is there enough CDR you can get on accessories that make the (near)permanent 1wake Asura builds viable with a Gracia set? That seems like it'd have some decent potential if so.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

These weapon buffs and nerfs really don't matter for Asura. Ever since they made all their skills affected by light damage and the introduction of Gracia set, Asuras now have a spot in raids as damage dealers.

You know how people make dark element parties based around Dark Goth? Same deal but with Gracia and light element. You now have a lot of light element parties based around F. Nen and whatever class that can take advantage of Gracia set.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Somefool, are support Weapon Masters dead now? How is the revamp going to affect Elementalists, Kunoichi, and Necromancers in raid?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Somefool, are support Weapon Masters dead now? How is the revamp going to affect Elementalists, Kunoichi, and Necromancers in raid?

I see less WM supports. F. Grap can fill the role of WM unless the party needs a Yin/Yang combo. With all -def skills being percent now, the difference between each phys -def skill aren't all that different. Right now the easy go to support class is F. Nen with stacked up Khai since she fits in both phys and magic parties.

Kuno is more or less the same. Not sure about Necro, they're still pretty rare.

Ele have to go a more balanced build now I believe since Void is dead.

The thing that shifts a lot are the support classes besides Sader who is always accepted.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Send help labyrinth has Ghost Train enemies.

The train is after my soul help.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Get this: they're in Forgotten Land too, and they respawn.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

fool_of_sound posted:

Get this: they're in Forgotten Land too, and they respawn.

Yeah but nobody does Forgotten Land so who cares if they're there.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Been thinking about this game again. I got all updated last night, then I read there's going to be a steam release.

I think I'm willing to hold off for a week or so, it seems likely that they'll do a special event of some kind to welcome back former players and give new steam accounts something just for playing through their new client.

There's only one USA server now, right?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

OneDeadlyBum posted:

There's only one USA server now, right?

Yes. They probs will have a new account bonus for steam users, so that's not a bad plan. It's set to release on the 10th.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

#blessed

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to farm some hells today and went on my indra in the hopes of something useful dropping for it, especially accessories or a magic stone.

Or I could get a Byeollungum. :v:

(also got a lightness auto top earlier)

e: For a chaos do you just stack shadow damage or does the ability to change minion elements just mean you can/should go with whatever?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 4, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

And now you get to hold on to it until it's actually usable without it killing your hit rate. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

After the epic rework would it be worth using over the HLS on an Asura? At a glance the 50% smash seems like it should more than make up for the HLS's elenore damage though that's also a lot of int that'll be lost.

e: That HLS got a nerf for Asuras while getting better for everyone else (especially Chaos) is really lame. :(

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Several factors come into play on whether or not Byeollungum is worth using. Biggest problem is do you have smash effect on any other items? A lot of epics tend to have smash effect on non-weapons.

Koreans also don't like that weapon very much because if you wanted smash effect, you would just do 5 raids and grab the anton epic brace off the feat for 15% smash effect. Most also upgrade that thing into the 30% smash version.

It really depends on what you plan to have equipped in your other slots. Even if you went Gracia, you can plan out 6/10 slots available and any of the extra 4 slots could be an epic with a smash related effect.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 4, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Using the NINJA title currently which is smash damage since I was dumb and didn't sell it to use a KATANA title instead. I'll hold on to the sword just in case, but i see your point with the commonness of smash damage even on some other epics.

I'm working towards Gracia for the character but I neglected it forever so I'm basically 2-3 months out from having a set for this character.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Speaking of which, kDnF got their first 10% addtional damage title, so having smash in title is no longer a good thing. You guys should get it in the future in whatever avatar package.

Smash in title is generally not that good unless you seriously cannot make space for the anton epic bracelet which usually applies to classes stuck with 9pc chron.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yo, for real though? gently caress pvp

loving done with this ranked bullshit. 30 rating above the cutoff for Master. Totally over this poo poo. Practice channel for life.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Imp you didn't even need that.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Black Balloon posted:

Practice channel for life.

100 years, FITE NITE.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Partied with a Creator for raid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0jAYFeKKTI
:catdrugs:

Everything melted and it was amazing. The party was supposed to be 2 creators but the 2nd one left mysteriously.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The 2nd one left because they just couldn't handle it, man.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Somefool posted:

Everything melted and it was amazing. The party was supposed to be 2 creators but the 2nd one left mysteriously.

So Creator is finally not worthless any more? A shame they didn't branch out more with how the various abilities were activated though, it could've been a lot more entertaining as full on TWEWY: the class.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Somefool posted:

Wonder what sort of event we'll get when the Creator Awakening comes here. I've got one sitting at level 21 from an aborted 1+1 event months ago and the only use its seen in 5-6 months was doing a run a day of the guild dungeon during that event for the extra xp pills for other characters.

e: How does that one guy have a Pepe guild emblem? :stare:
e2: What was that final reward page, did you get an epic from clearing the raid?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 8, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Did they not update the guild system to allow people to upload their own custom icons? My guild emblem is literally a skype emote.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Somefool posted:

Did they not update the guild system to allow people to upload their own custom icons? My guild emblem is literally a skype emote.

It's got delayed for reasons unknown.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

It's got delayed for reasons unknown.

What a shame. Might be for the better otherwise welcome to meme city.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, anyone coming in here for the Steam release, you SHOULD read the OP. It has a lot of good information and I tried to keep it to the point.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Can we get a thread title change to include mention of the steam release?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Already filed for one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So how good/bad is this free legendary weapon? Wondering if I should grab it for my Chaos (using the sword from that dumb reinforcement event currently) or grab it on something else.

I'm thinking of making a nen to level through the current event. Any suggestions? I'm open to f.nen or m.nen, or something else if they are a PITA to deal with.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

So how good/bad is this free legendary weapon? Wondering if I should grab it for my Chaos (using the sword from that dumb reinforcement event currently) or grab it on something else.

I'm thinking of making a nen to level through the current event. Any suggestions? I'm open to f.nen or m.nen, or something else if they are a PITA to deal with.

If it's what I think it is, the legendary weapon have a scaling cap of 75 I believe. Basically poo poo that you will end up replacing with a lvl 85 unique.

As for Nen, I will say F. Nen have a better late game because if for whatever reason you don't want to go the damage route, you can always load her up with a bunch of Khai gear and be a support. It's a thing and she fits in both physical and magical parties unlike M. Nen who is permanently stuck in magic parties as a damage dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

The free legendary is pretty solid. The zanbato I saw earlier was +15 crit and +1 to all skills 1-75, and about as strong as an 85 halidom otherwise. As for Nens, FNen is still real slow till she starts getting cubes, but is going to be a fantastic support here in about six months. MNen are solid and can kill enemies by bumping into them.