Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

What are the precise allegations that this election is "rigged"?

Is it that the machines or ballots are being stuffed? I don't know how someone could say that since no ballots have been cast yet.

So what are the allegations exactly?

democrats are undoing voter ID laws and recruiting homeless illegal immigrants to vote in the names of addled retirees and corpses, as evidenced by the breitbart man who almost got arrested trying to vote in someone else's name:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Breitbart's James O'Keefe came to Southeast Michigan and tried to vote as Mayor Duggan, Detroit Free Press editorial columnist Brian Dickerson, and Eminem in the August 2nd primary to prove voter fraud is rampant in Michigan. Every time he proved the system actually works and prevents voter fraud.

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/columnists/brian-dickerson/2016/08/03/dickerson-voter-impersonator/87993508/

Here is the video of O'Keefe attempting to vote as Brian Dickerson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDogU0Ga_Vg

And as for O'Keefe's claim he was "up in the north" hunting over the weekend and lost his driver's license, The earliest season to hunt anything in Michigan is August 1st, and that's for hunting crow.

but also it's rigged because they're not winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Patter Song posted:

Was just talking to a friend of mine about Ted Cruz's 2020 plans and heard a very interesting wrinkle: Joni Ernst. If the semi-popular Senator Hogballs, a far-right veteran woman with clear presidential aspirations, runs, Iowa becomes about 10 times harder for Cruz. Given Cruz doesn't have a shot in hell in NH, a Joni Ernst candidacy would really box him in in a tricky way.

Thoughts?

she is a piece of poo poo who should have been killed in Iraq

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So, I am a HUGE nerd.

I played with the 2012 election results based off of recent polling and came up with a few numbers.

First: Assume Clinton gets 5% of disaffected Republicans, and Trump gets 5% less than Romney did in every state. Nothing really changes, except NC gets up for grabs.

Next: Trump gets 10% less: Arizona, Indiana, Missouri become swing states.

15% less? MS and SC..... THIS IS WHERE TRUMP IS POLLING NATIONALLY RIGHT NOW
20% less? Alaska and Montana
25% less? South Dakota and Texas
30% less? Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, Tennessee

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nitrousoxide posted:

What are the precise allegations that this election is "rigged"?

Is it that the machines or ballots are being stuffed? I don't know how someone could say that since no ballots have been cast yet.

So what are the allegations exactly?

By accurately reporting on the things Trump says, the media is biasing the electorate against Trump. They should be reporting on what he means, despite not being telepathic or oracular in any fashion. Then the American people would come to him in droves.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I doubt that enough people have laid roots yet (or if they ever will), but I'm curious to see how North Dakota's demographics have shifted with the rise and current fall of oil shale.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

OatmealRaisin posted:

The Donald Trump Band

My name is Donald Trump and I approved this message.

What happens to unspent campaign funds? Does anyone think that Trump knows he's lost already and that he is trying to find a way of diverting/saving cash in order to enrich himself?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/762309705045643267

Full steam ahead on skewed polls in 2016.

"It's different this time!"

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/762316553060622336

:(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

turnip kid posted:

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/762309705045643267

Full steam ahead on skewed polls in 2016.

"It's different this time!"

Well since it worked so well last time with the Romney campaign

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
I heard a CNN commentator use the "I wasn't polled!" line when they were talking about Trump doing horribly in all the polls.

https://twitter.com/scottienhughes/status/762358536789749760

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Fox Ironic posted:

Doing some polling for post-convention LVs in Ohio. It's a shitshow ladies and gentlemen!

Five surveys so far

Survey #2: Elderly Male Blue Dog Democrat, used to be in a Union. Voting Trump, but straight Democrat downticket.

Holy poo poo, this is the most arousing profile of a Trump voter I've ever seen. All of us are hoping people will vote straight-ticket so Trump will drag down legislators but what.... what if Trump is actually OUTpolling GOP congresscritters.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

My name is Donald Trump and I approved this message.

What happens to unspent campaign funds? Does anyone think that Trump knows he's lost already and that he is trying to find a way of diverting/saving cash in order to enrich himself?

I'm sure the cost of flying him home every single night so he can sleep in his own bed is doing a Brewster's Millions number on what money he has.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GOP candidate who constantly has media circus follow him: its rigged

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Being huge whiny crybabies about everything draws independent voters right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only reason Trump has made it as far as he did was media bias. They gave him way more coverage than a candidate like him deserved because they liked the ratings. If he were honest he'd thank the media, TBH

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

shiksa posted:

Being huge whiny crybabies about everything draws independent voters right

Just whatever remains of the :bernout: faction

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/762382829363671040

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It blows my mind that more black people will vote for Hillary than Obama

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

the alternative is donald trump

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Say what you will about McCain and Romney, they didn't cater to actual Nazis

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I laugh whenever I see gateway pundit. Jim hoft is still the result if you google dumbest man on the internet

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

for real if you slot 2008 Obama vs this clownshoes af republican candidate it would be even more one sided

I don't think comparing Obama's results directly to the situation we currently have works out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hmmmm crooked media..crooked hillary..could they be brothers?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
McCain or Romney never (reportedly) said blacks are inherently lazy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Contrary to how the right wingers present them black people care enough about the United States to not give the country to a Russian puppet

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Okonner posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the most arousing profile of a Trump voter I've ever seen. All of us are hoping people will vote straight-ticket so Trump will drag down legislators but what.... what if Trump is actually OUTpolling GOP congresscritters.

Trump is generally polling way behind senate candidates (and I assume the same about house Rs), so this hasn't showed up as a big effect yet

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-may-start-dragging-gop-senate-candidates-down-with-him/

Fox Ironic posted:

Doing some polling for post-convention LVs in Ohio. It's a shitshow ladies and gentlemen!
Why a shitshow?

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Unskew you rotten bastards. Unskew like the wind!~

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm seriously fascinated in how the GOP is going to pick up the pieces and try to become a normal party again after this cycle.

The thing is, the more they push to reform, the pissier and louder the primary voters get and the greater the dangersome other tribune of the common Trumpenproletariat comes along and derails all their plans again.

The GOP desperately needs to...de-carnivalize itself? The GOP is a deeply unserious circus and that has allowed the Democrats(!) to become the grown-up adult party, despite everything. The thing is, the GOP's electorate likes the circus. They like demanding that dangerously ignorant nutcases like Ben Carson be treated like legitimate politicians even as Dr. Carson openly pitches a useless dietary supplement as a cancer cure on a debate stage.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

honestly I'm just sad that it doesn't seem like we're getting another Joe Biden esque slamming at the debates. How wonderful would if be

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Okonner posted:

this is probably cancelled out by people like the very next voter who pledged for Clinton and straight R downticket
it will be interesting to see which one of these profiles is more common

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:swoon:

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/762113336733528064

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

thethreeman posted:

Why a shitshow?

People are getting super angry on both sides of the spectrum. More polarization than usual.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Ostentatious posted:

honestly I'm just sad that it doesn't seem like we're getting another Joe Biden esque slamming at the debates. How wonderful would if be

Tim Kaine is capable of pulling the same sort of slam on Pence. He's also the same sort of military hawk, staunchly pro business, socially liberal Catholic, crazy uncle Biden is.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

We'll get Tim Kaine being a smiley motherfucker, so silver linings!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zeroisanumber posted:

I always thought that VA would go strong for Hillary. Northern VA voters are basically Hillary clones.

Lesbian Muslim-convert serial killers? :ohdear:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The GOP still has the house, senate, and most state governments.

Even if they lose the senate in November they will most likely win it back in the mid term.

They ain't dead.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

nah i think they keep private email servers with classified information on them

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Everything's fine. Yep, totally fine. poo poo is fine as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/DougHeye/status/762395253185785856

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

perhaps trump doesn't.....exist

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Montasque posted:

The GOP still has the house, senate, and most state governments.

Even if they lose the senate in November they will most likely win it back in the mid term.

They ain't dead.

they could very well be on the cusp of being shut out at the presidential level for decades to come, depending on how trumpism is or is not purged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

They all personally murder their foes.

Northern Virginia is a bad place to cut someone off on the highway.

• Locked thread