Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MechaCrash posted:

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

WHY DO YOU WANT US TO KNOW YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE UNCLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you're all talking like metroid doesnt have a game in development right now

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

BillmasterCozb posted:

I know fed force is coming out on the 3ds in a week or two but what are they developing?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fed Force is going to be good

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Fed Force looks like it will be a terrible shooter but have decent Zelda type dungeons and puzzle design.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I actually found a fan translation of the FDS version of Metroid. It's pretty nice if you want to play the original game but with a save system and better music.

The downside is the load times.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Nintendo NX General Discussion: LOL Get A Load Of This Guy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

I know fed force is coming out on the 3ds in a week or two but what are they developing?

Federation Force is probably going to be okay, but people don't really want a spinoff game in a series that hasn't had a game featuring the protagonist of that series in the past six years. 9 years, if you want to preface it with the game being good.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grapplejack posted:

Federation Force is probably going to be okay, but people don't really want a spinoff game in a series that hasn't had a game featuring the protagonist of that series in the past six years. 9 years, if you want to preface it with the game being good.

nevermind that Fed Force has been in development since the DSiware days :v:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Electromax posted:

The Metroid 2 fan remake releases today:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

It's been in development for like 9 years. Looking forward to "new" 2D high-quality Metroid this weekend.

e2: Metroid 1 was released in Japan 30 years ago today!

Just finished this (with only an 85% completion because I suck at shinesparks); it was very fun and I would give it a 4/5. Movement felt stickier/less floaty than other 2D Metroid games, and there were some gimmicks that I feel didn't really fit in some of the remade areas (if you ever get stuck on one of the new boss fights, make sure to read the log entries). Other than that, however, it was overall fun and much better than re-playing the original on the Game Boy.

Definitely grab this before any potential takedown.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MechaCrash posted:

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

Props for not having low self esteem about your mental illness

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just have medicine bottles with coins in em..i dont put em in my pocket, though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

MechaCrash posted:

Relaxed fit Wrangler jeans. I can get all that in there, but it can get a little tight, and they do stick out a bit just because of the bulk.

All of the talk of pants does seem like a bit of a tangent, but if you can't cleanly fit a portable in your pocket, I don't think it's very portable at all.

i need to see pics of these jeans fully loaded please.

MechaCrash posted:

i need 2 see 2 3dss in one pocket. i need to see how this works.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
a pair of jeans that can handle a vita in the pocket

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
e: whoops wrong thread

so NX... huh... that stuff is wild, can't wait for it

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 7, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I guess I'm the only one planning on getting a back holster for my NX.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BillmasterCozb posted:

It really doesn't.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just gonna keister mine, no safer place imo.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Metroid: Mo' M

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm planning on a Typing of the Dead-esque rig with the system on my back and a controller at chest level.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Won't that get in the way of your katanas?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Soul Glo posted:

Just gonna keister mine, no safer place imo.

Hey, someone remotely challenged me to a pokemon battle. Takes out NX... oh, drat it, I got butt gamed again.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

this is bullshit you're lying

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Please MechaCrash, take a picture of all the stuff you carry in your pockets laid out. Please please please.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope there are multi color NXs to chose from

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ATOMIC PURPLE

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I really wish Nintendo would bring back the colored translucent plastic cases.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

MechaCrash has two coins in his coin purse adding up to fifteen cents. One of them is not a nickel. What are they??

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Skipopatomus posted:

MechaCrash has two coins in his coin purse adding up to fifteen cents. One of them is not a nickel. What are they??

A trick question. He only keeps pennies in his coin purse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Some junkie broke into my house to steal my ps4, but didn't know I was home. He pulled out a derringer and fired one shot, striking me in the chest. Thank God I conceal carry my Nintendo NX in my coat pocket at all times. The slug was harmlessly deflected, and the frightened robber ran away. My body and my Nintendo NX were unharmed.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Do you live on a riverboat on the Mississippi River?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

greatn posted:

Some junkie broke into my house to steal my ps4, but didn't know I was home. He pulled out a derringer and fired one shot, striking me in the chest. Thank God I conceal carry my Nintendo NX in my coat pocket at all times. The slug was harmlessly deflected, and the frightened robber ran away. My body and my Nintendo NX were unharmed.

Call the authorities. Do not let that person strike again!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

greatn posted:

To be fair Nintendium is dense enough to reflect anything up to and including a .38

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In the Kirby Cafe if you go in alone they bring out a Waddle Dee to eat with you and be your friend.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It is polite to take your hat off in the dinner table

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Calaveron posted:

Please don't push your cultural norms on Dream Land.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Pretty rude to ask if there is free bread though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you just asked for the dinner rolls.
i am keeping my hat on okay?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Won't that get in the way of your katanas?

With the power of the NX, I wont need three katanas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I wonder if he has two coin purses, one for US coins and one for Yen.

• Locked thread